The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
top quality story mate

I noticed that non-EU players have the "FGN" icon, are there any foreigners limitation in Eeredivisie? I usually don't play dutch leagues as I prefer leagues with more strict squad rules and limitations, now I'm not sure how does it work in Holland?

top quality story mate

I noticed that non-EU players have the "FGN" icon, are there any foreigners limitation in Eeredivisie? I usually don't play dutch leagues as I prefer leagues with more strict squad rules and limitations, now I'm not sure how does it work in Holland?
thank you mate :)

the only rule about fgn is that you cant have a fgn under 18 start (I will double check that later tonight) but that is the only restriction I have seen so far!

Germany have 3 max starting for DFB Pokal (other than that same, no rules)

(A season to remember, so close but yet so far)
June 2012

350npmf.jpg

After declining my interest in the Fenerbahce job (I had big plans for Ajax and I never intended to leave after only one year in charge) I was browsing the web, doing a bit of research on players I was looking at, I stumbled across this article...

I looked back at the season that just passed, trying to work out where I could improve for the year ahead as well as all the highs and low's we experienced as a team, I felt proud yet something inside me yurned for bigger and better things next season, I wanted to win the Champions League and possibly try my hand at International management if the oppurtunity presented itself... The Olympics were just around the corner, Spain and England were looking for a manager..

Capture.jpg

As we were all on holiday I decided to fly back home for several day's to see my friends and family, but especially Candyce as I had to ask her something very important that would change our lives forever..

I took her one evening to her favourite restaurant in Durban, Bel Punto, sitting on the deck, overlooking the vast ocean with the mercurial moonlight shimmering off the black blanket below it, I asked her to marry me...

She said yes! I was worried for a while, it took her long enough to say yes...

On my flight back to the Netherlands I receive an email from the board, they have offered me a new four year contract at £10 000 a week, ****, that is quite a lot of money, I used to barely earn that in a month back home last year running a business! £40 000 a month! I accept the deal and inform Steven I will come in as soon as I get back to sign the papers!

View attachment 207098

Several days later Steven contacts me and promises me that I can come to him with anything, his door is always open and that he and the board are delighted that I agreed a new deal and showed no interest in the Fenerbahce job recently..

Ajax announce Rio Ave link:

PARABENS-RIO-AVE-FUTEBOL-CLUBE-1939-2011.jpg

"Steven Den Have"

"Mr Hart approached the board a few weeks ago requesting we find a suitable feeder club which will allow us to send our younger players on loan for a season to gain valuable first team experience, Rio Ave proved to be the best choice for Ajax going forward"

(Back in Amsterdam, the Transfer Window opens)

transfer-rumours-news.jpg

During December I asked my scouts to compile a list of players whose contracts were expiring that we could possibly sign for free that would fit in with the way we play here and players we could potentially afford their wages, they came back with dozens of players, only a few were worthy enough to play for Ajax...

I already had several targets in mind that we would have to pay for, but I had the money I needed in order to bring the players in I wanted...

Ajax Amsterdam new recruits:

Free Signings:
View attachment 207096View attachment 207107View attachment 207104View attachment 207100View attachment 207099

Andrea and Zakaria were by far the two best players we signed up, they both have a lot of potential and will fit into the new formation and current squad for several years to come!

I was looking for a right back throughout the year to provide cover for Gregory as he was plagued with injuries, I had Carlos who was playing well when called upon however I noticed over a period of a few months he was picking up a bit of weight and looked a little slack in training. Jose's agent contacted me and I jumped at the oppurtunity in signing him up as soon as possible.

Clarence, I have always repsected as a player for many years, I had called him up directly and asked him if he wanted to join us for a a year or so and assist me in the development of the youngsters we have as well as considering taking up a coaching job whenever he feels he would like to, he immediately accepted the offer over the phone and sounded really excited about the fact that he would be working closely with me!

McDonald arrived for an interim period after selling off Eyong, he was not going to play week in week out but was brought in for backup.

A few youngsters with bags of potential were signed up for free as well, I stroke up a link with Rio Ave who were glad to know that I would be sending a few of these potential wonderkids to them for a season long loan!

Bought Signings:

View attachment 207106View attachment 207105View attachment 207103View attachment 207108View attachment 207101

I felt the team was weakest (quality wise) in the keeping department, even though Khune was fantastic last season, I felt that if we were to compete again for the Champions League we would need a quality keeper.

I managed to sign David Ospina for a very good price from OGC Nice and he was excited to join us and play Champions League football. After spending several more days during the off season searching for the correct players I stumbled accross Marc-Andre who I admire, he had a £4m release clause...

Goran was transfer listed by Inter and someone with that experience and winning the Champions League already was exaclty what I was looking for! Rafael and Juan are two amazing versatile players! We paid alot for Rafael however he has the potential to be one of the best players at this club and I look forward to working closely with him!

Ajax Transfers Out:

Another sad couple of weeks seeing players leave that you have built up relationships with, however, I was glad to see the back of Eyong, ever since our heated discussions following his dismissal in the Champions League semi final he had been a bit of a nuisance, I think the rest of the squad was glad to see him leave as well....

View attachment 207097

All in all I think it was a great delve into the transfer market this year, we made more money than we spent which Steven was happy to sign off on! I am still looking for another player, one for the future, the future of Ajax and Holland itself (well along with Luuk)

(Ajax announce new sponsorship deal)

KPN_logo.bmp

Outside the Ajax Arena manager Neil Hart and a few of his players show off the new kits for the 2012/2013 season for the media, their sponsorship is said by some to be one of the biggest the Eredevisie has seen in recent years...

New Kits
(special thanks to Hermanchides)

View attachment 207116View attachment 207115View attachment 207117

(some of the SS were taken halfway through the 2nd season, I thought I had taken SS when it all happened but I did not, I am trying not to play the save until I catch up in the story itself so I can do monthly updates rather, or more accurately, if there are any questions or anything else you would like to see please let me know, would like to make this story as good as it can possibly be, thank you, I look forward to your comments)

Last edited:
aren't they just, I asked him to have a bit of fun with them, keeping in mind colours and style :) best kits I have seen made to date! superstoked with the his work, its fantastic...

Yeah, Clarence still does the job, let me tell you :)

Jose Bosingwa, that right there is the symbol of the progress(Reputation Wise) you have made in just 1 season. Defensively questionable at times but an amazing fullback going forward. Great Signing

I like how much money you brought into, very good handling the finances of a club thats been a bit up and down in that department recently.

Labyad looks like a cracking piece of business! Influential transfer wisdom from you there Neil, strengthened the squad vastly and kept the backbone of the team, whilst making a profit. Very nice!

Labyad looks like a cracking piece of business! Influential transfer wisdom from you there Neil, strengthened the squad vastly and kept the backbone of the team, whilst making a profit. Very nice!

Could not have said this better myself.

thanks guys, Labyad, I was hoping would be selected by Holland before Morrocco (bastards) anyway, he is home grown!

Jose signed up with no hassles at all :) he was eager and only wanted relatively low wages...

I normally make wholesale changes with teams, I had to try and stop myself this time around, alot of youngsters to either crack into the first team or sold off later for profits :)

did anyone see the first heading? took me a while :)

While Labyad is great transfer I think Bertolacci can become even greater. Who is this future of Ajax and Holland you have in mind?

thanks guys, Labyad, I was hoping would be selected by Holland before Morrocco (bastards) anyway, he is home grown!

Jose signed up with no hassles at all :) he was eager and only wanted relatively low wages...

I normally make wholesale changes with teams, I had to try and stop myself this time around, alot of youngsters to either crack into the first team or sold off later for profits :)

did anyone see the first heading? took me a while :)

How to retire early? oO)

While Labyad is great transfer I think Bertolacci can become even greater. Who is this future of Ajax and Holland you have in mind?

I think so too :) well (I am in Jan now) and I am looking at Alex Sandro and Giorginio Wijnaldum :) that is all!

With Ajax you have a budget of 10M or something to spend in the first season. I made the mistake to buy a good (but expensive)
leftback.

I had £8.5m, have you read the story Ben?

who did you buy? why not retrain Vernon Anita there? :) he is world class!

You said a heading you had put in or something? Haha, what was it? >_<

Look at the writing, the picture, the comment from Co Adriaan top right:)

Back