The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
thanks guys :) Thanks Danny! Will do pre-season update later today, busy at work at the moment!

Dean, Hermanchides (the kit creator) is spectacular! he is the best around, no doubt! love them as well! best kits I have seen in years...

You are the ...... HERO :)

1e2f7_ORIG-bowdown_gif.gif

nice kits btw :P i was expecting a blue away kit, but meh....its fine :)

lol, Monday :) just did one today, you people are slave drivers.. :)

I am off, have a good weekend everyone

Don't blame us, this is entirely your fault for writing an interesting story!

****** **** the nerve of these drama queen Authors!

I think so too :) well (I am in Jan now) and I am looking at Alex Sandro and Giorginio Wijnaldum :) that is all!

Wijnaldum is great buy, but Alex Sandro is a bit let off due to his stamina. Struggle to make him play for 90 mins, and when i did, he will not be fit for the next game the next 3 days.

I want to have the Player Overview (attributes tab, not profile tab) like urs.!! How..!!!????

I don't have the middle part (Position and Match Ratings window). Or is it my screen not big enough? :(

PSV Manager P Lefebvre gives a HANDS OFF warning to Manager N. Hart about the enquiry of Gini Wijnaldum (PSV)

sorry guys, I had to attend several meetings for the past couple of days, have not been in my office since Monday morning.. expect the update tomorrow morning :)

Izzice, go into preferences, display & sound, top right you will see two drop down menu's (cant remember) select the two options opposite to what they are currently...

Wow a read of 25 pages and I want more. A fantastic read with great detail as well as consistent updates. keep it up mate!

(Pre-season 2012/2013 season)
9th July 2012

After several days of intense pre-season fitness drills and meetings with the squad and staff, explaining the new style of football we were going to be playing this season due to the fact that we had come so close to beating Barca that if we ever met them again, we were going to beat them at their own game!

The team really seem to enjoy the new style, the like how intricate the passing and movements are that I explained to them and they are excited to put it into practice as soon as possible. It will be several weeks before we implement it into our game, at the moment we are still adopting our very successful style from last year!

Even though over the past several days players have come and gone, the mood around the stadium and dressing room is still incredibly high, it seems as though last years success was a taste of what is to come and what the players themselves want and strive for this coming season! The desire to go that one step further is this uncontrollable mental state the players share, even the newcomers, they were even impressed with how well we did and the catalyst for them deciding to join us this season....

6q9ooh.jpg

Its been a hectic week so far, rumours were circulating I was having an affair with some stripper I had supposedly met on my night out, which was published, we did not even go into a strip club or even come across a stripper that was not behind one of the windows! I guess it seems to be some sort of ploy to distract me from our preparations for the upcoming season, Candyce had contacted me as well enquiring if any of it was true, I told her the truth and that was that! Its pathetic to what these magazines and newspaper come up with to sell their editions each month, ******* pathetic!

(Pre-season kicks off)

At this point last year I was a nervous wreck, fighting personal demons! This time around the squad and I feel more relaxed, we know what to expect and what needs to be done before we kick off the season, I explain to them that even though these are only a pre-season friendlies, I expect them to win to build up confidence and form prior to the season! It is imperitive to start now, not in a couple of weeks time...

(Full time)
Daknam:
Attendance: 9 125
Lokeren
0 : 3 Ajax
MoM: Siem De Jong

View attachment 208666

(Full time)
Olympisch Stadion:
Attendance: 9 986
Beerschot AC 1
: 5 Ajax
MoM: Mounir El Hamdoui

View attachment 208667

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 30 118
Ajax 4 : 1 Celtic
MoM: Kolbeinn Sigporsson

View attachment 208668

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 17 022
Ajax 2 : 0 Jablonec

View attachment 208669

**** papers! :@ Nice pre-season, didn't even bat an eyelid! Should play Wigan! I bet we'd beat you. :P

lol Ben :) who knows, he may organize a game next season! Internet has been playing games with me today as well! short update but needed to incase I went offline again! going to do a big one today (have not played Fm since the weekend) needing to catch up the story!

hahahhaahhaaha

1) it was the first image I saw really
2) I do sort of look a bit like him

(Another season, another shot)
28th July 2012

JC-Schaal.jpg

The board had a meeting the other day to discuss the upgrade of our youth facilities, it was brought to our attention that we no longer had the best in the country and newer technology was available. After a quick meeting they decided that we were going to upgrade it, the estimated time was only around two months or so, a little bit of noise during training never hurt anyone.

The morning of the Johan Cruijff Schaal trophy, winners last year, hoping to keep up the tradition with another victory this evening, its not going to be easy though, we are up against a good PSV team.

Thank God the rumours have evaporated after several weeks of media hounding me, from when I step out my front door until I close it when I get back in the evenings, ****, some days I wish I had a mattress in my office at the arena! It was the only place I could relax....

I think we are in a better position than we were this time last year, the squad is better, the players are motivated and the fans fill up the stadium every week! I sincerely hope they do not turn their backs on us if we go on a bit of a bad run, thats the risk though, they expect now, no longer hope...

I walk into the dressing rooms prior to kickoff everyone seems quite relaxed, a few of the newer players are sitting quitely in the corner, probably running over their responsiblities I had issued them over the past couple of days, hoping to impress if given the chance. I heard the stadium was full this evening, lets hope we can give the fans another trophy to boast about to the opposing fans for weeks to come!

(This is it:
)

wpid-PSV-Eindhoven-vs-Ajax.jpg

I walk down the touchline and shake hands with Co and the rest of his staff. We take our seats eagerly awaiting this contest...

The game starts of quickly, Jan picks up an early booking for a needless foul on the edge of the box, the ball is blasted over aimlessly.
Luuk drops deep and picks up the ball, a quick one two with Mounir tear open the PSV defence, Luuk looks up and ***** a cross to the back post for an easy tap in for Mounir, what a great start!

Shortly after that Gregory picks up another injury (I swear this guys legs are made of ******* glass) I tell Bosingwa to warm up quickly, the substitution is made. The rest of the half consists of us testing the keeper out on more than one occasion, unfortunate to go into the break only one goal up!

"Thats good going out there so far, we can play better, lets step it up another level and show the rest of the country not to take us lightly this year, lets take the game to them, one goal is not enough in a game like this"

Early on in the second half, Luuk takes on a defender, jinks past the goalkeeper and slides it home for his first of the evening, a classy finish from a classy player.

We end off the evening with Luuk scoring his second from a neat cross out wide to the near post from Bosingwa out wide who beat a defender taking the ball to the byline (I have to utilize his pace in future tactics, he is really quick)

The final wistle blows, the crowd erupt, streamers fly out in all directions, fireworks explode in the distance, some of the PSV players fall to the ground in tears, they had lost again. What a fantastic feeling, all the reserves run onto the pitch to celebrate the teams success! Another bit of silverware to add to the collection I thought to myself on my way to shake hands with Co, as I approached I could see he was furious, I swear he wanted to attack me, It did not phase me, I smiled and said "Hard luck this evening Co" maybe that is the reason why..

(Full time)
Ajax Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
PSV 0
: 3 Ajax
MoM: Luuk De Jong

View attachment 208753

(A good way to start the season)

Eredivisie.gif

Our first game of the new League is against the team that caused us a few problems last year, I was adamant in getting a victory this evening...

wpid-Ajax-vs-Vitesse.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Ajax 4 : 0 Vitesse
MoM: Fernando Belluschi

View attachment 208740

(Media Caption)

"A very pleasing performance this evening, not only from Belluschi, but the entire team, a great way to start the campaign"

wpid-Ajax-vs-Roda-JC.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Ajax 3 : 0 Roda Jc

View attachment 208741

(Media Caption)

"I hope we can keep it up, its been three competive games without conceding"

wpid-ADO-Den-Haag-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Kyocera Stadion:
Attendance: 14 480
Ado Den Haag 0
: 2 Ajax

View attachment 208743

(Media Caption)

"I agree, it does seem as though Mounir has carried his fantastic form over from last season, a sensational performance from him this evening, he could of had four easily"

The new style of Ajax Fc:

From this week forward I implemented the new formation and style we have been working on for the past couple of months, I decided that the away game at Heracles was a good time to start:

Short and Sweet™

wpid-Heracles-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Polman Stadion:
Attendance: 7 990
Heracles 0
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Jan Vertonghen

View attachment 208744

(Media Caption)

" Yes we have, I felt as though we needed to implement a different system to avoid complaceny even at the possibility of dropping a couple of points this evening, however three points is three points, we dominated possession but did not test the keeper enough"

Uefa Champions League: Group stages live Draw 2012/2013:

UCLdraw580.png

We had a few days off between games so I decided to attend the live draw as I was invited, it was nice to meet managers I had idolised throughout my childhood, I was extremely impressed with Sir Alex, what a wonderful man and a fantastic example for anyone to aspire too! He even took the time to compliment me on last season saying he too was frustrated with how Barca had outplayed them in the Final a few seasons back, I did not for once mention that I was an avid Manchester United supporter. From a young boy I had watched United play and had always dreamed of one day being at the helm of one of the greatest teams over the past decade...

As the teams were drawn one after the other, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, it was the second team draw for Group H:

View attachment 208754

I knew we had it tough this year, in comparison to last years group stage this was difficult, the money PSG have and have spent recently during the summer transfer window, the quality of players they had at their disposal and of course, Manchester ******* United...

Ajax-vs-FC-Groningen-265x105.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Ajax 5 : 0 Fc Gronigen

View attachment 208746

(Media Caption)

"Luuk was sensational, his first hattrick for the club. Zakaria played really well in his first start as we completely dominated possession"

(The beginning of the road, the ECL campaign)
19th September 2012

ChampionsLeagueTrophy.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 620
Ajax 3 : 1 PSG

View attachment 208748

(Media Caption)

"73% possession, we barely gave PSG a sniff of the ball, a fantastic team performance even after a dismal first half, the boys showed true character coming out after the break and turning the game around"

wpid-NAC-Breda-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Rat Verlegh Stadion:
Attendance: 19 000
Nac Breda 2

View attachment 208749

(Media Caption)

"An explosive start to the game but an awful second half performance, we shut off completely, we were lucky not to drop points today"

KNVB Cup 2nd round:

250px-Knvbbeker_cropped.jpg

(Full time)
Blauw Wit Stadium:
Attendance: 1 676
Blauw Wit 0
MoM: Goran Pandev

View attachment 208751

(Media Caption)

"83% possession, I think we may have to check the history books for this one, a good performance from the team this evening, I would have liked a few more goals"

(Full time)
Gjaltema-Stadion aan de Langeleegte:
Attendance: 6 500
Sc Veendam 0

View attachment 208752

(Media Caption)

"Siem had come to me recently asking for first team football, I gave him the challenge of proving himself to me, he clearly did that this evening, Pandev's injury is not as severe as we thought"

Last edited:
Loving this story. It's making me want to start one up again as I got everything set but just don't know what country and team.

Really good start to season. Pleased to see Bertolacci scoring so early.

I think you might even top your group in CL with the players you have if they keep the form you've started with. Good luck out there.

cheers guys ;) it is going to be tough though, PSG and United are really good (well I did tear PSG a new one already)

Bertolacci has seriously increased in stast since joining, I had Ruben Yttergard Jennsen tutor him, he has easily increased by at least 20 stats all throughout his attributes :)

Cracking start! 100% and only a few goals conceded, definately going to be a major contender in the CL.. What were your odds on winning it?

My eagle eyes are back again mate ;)

In your second game of the season you put Vitesse instead of Roda JC.

Great update and congrats on some fine results :)

I have eagle eyes as well^^) In the PSG match in the 'media caption' isn't it dismal not 'dismall'?

But again a great update,i always looking forward to the next one :)

Back