The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
See lads, Raikan kept faith in Luuk, and look how he has repayed him!

How many MoM's did he get in that update, I lost count!

Congratulations on the Eredivise title win mate, starting to inspire me to make my own story!

Brilliant season boss looks like you've got the players to play as a team and now i can see why you turned the bid down for Luuk he as been in some good form.. Nice win against CSKA:P..

Congratulations on the league tittle..

Lol Neil's bossin' ****! Go'arn lad! I reckon you can win the CL, EZ.

shot guys ;) Luuk has been on fire! Sigporsson got injured for most of that update (he was also in fine form before and Luuk was coming on off the bench most games)

going to do the final update for the season tomorrow! its going to be epic! anything else you guys want to see happen? I wish I could write about every little thing like injuries etc etc...

Voting now open:

uefa_champions_league-t2.jpg

Who will Ajax face in the Champions League Quarter Finals?

Online voting poll:

shot guys ;) Luuk has been on fire! Sigporsson got injured for most of that update (he was also in fine form before and Luuk was coming on off the bench most games)

going to do the final update for the season tomorrow! its going to be epic! anything else you guys want to see happen? I wish I could write about every little thing like injuries etc etc...

Dont think there is anything specifically we want to read about to be honest. Its been great so far, so keep your own ideas and go with the flow. Aslong as you dont go crazy like some stories on this site, like you been kidnapped by Aliens or some **** ... Actually... That sounds quite cool ;)

Well done on the title. And not a bad job on the Champions League, a good result honestly. I'm just excited for the quarter finals. :)

hahahaahahha, do people actually write that? lol! The only person who could get away with it is Dunc and Kin Ken :P

then vote Kid :P

shot bud, I honestly thought I was going to get knocked out as CSKA have a pretty **** good team!

Lol, some lad actually put stuff like .. (When in a press conference),, Well Mr Dowie you are a tool.. You reall do look like that thing from The Goonies. I mean come on lol. It was more like because it was serious, it ruined it, with Dunc its just a **** take from the start lol.

Lol, some lad actually put stuff like .. (When in a press conference),, Well Mr Dowie you are a tool.. You reall do look like that thing from The Goonies. I mean come on lol. It was more like because it was serious, it ruined it, with Dunc its just a **** take from the start lol.
in all seriousness he does look the thing from the Goonies :P lol

I totally voted barca, because I think secretly Football Manager is out to get people and always makes me face Barca then Real Madrid in CL finals!

(Uefa Champions League Live Draw)

24th March 2011

1463635_w2.jpg

Quarter Final Draw

Ajax vs Leverkusen

View attachment 206584

Semi Final Draw
Ajax or Leverkusen vs Barcelona or Shakthar

View attachment 206585

2cf49cj.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
Ajax 2 : 0 Leverkusen
MoM: Ruben Yttergard Jennsen

View attachment 206593

Media caption:

"The fans were fantastic this evening, the guys played there hearts out, we have to remember its a two leg tie and we are only sitting at half time"

wpid-psv-vs-ajax-eindhoven.jpg

(Full time)
Phillips Stadion:
Attendance: 35 000
PSV 1
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Tolga Cigerci

View attachment 206594

Media caption:

"It is always difficult coming back from midweek Champions League games and having to face a team as good as PSV away from home, I am satisfied with the result today"

(Full time)
BayArena:
Attendance: 30 000
Leverkusen 1
: 0 Ajax
MoM: Simon Rolfes

View attachment 206595

Media caption:

"We went out to defend our lead and we did exactly that, we are through to the Semi Finals, that is all that matters"

Eredivisie.png

Young player of the year award shortlist:

View attachment 206605View attachment 206606

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 43 596
Ajax 3 : 1 VVV
MoM: Jorge Enriquez

View attachment 206596

Media caption:

"I am very pleased with this result, VVV have been one of our bogey teams so far this year and I am glad we finally got the better of them"

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Ajax 1 : 0 Fc Utrecht
MoM: Fernando Belluschi

View attachment 206597

Media caption:

"This was essentially a top of the table clash, Fc Utrecht can be very proud of their season, a good win for us today though, I am pleased with the number of times we tested the keeper"

(Full time)
Grolsch Veste:
Attendance: 30 014
Fc Twente1
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Vernon Anita

View attachment 206598

Media caption:

"A close game, it could have gone either way at the end. I do agree with your comment in a way, some of the players are finding it hard to motivate themselves in the league as it is already won, I will be making changes to counter the complacency"

UEFA1.jpg

332x74y.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Ajax 1 : 0 Fc Barcelona
MoM: Jan Vertonghen

View attachment 206589View attachment 206590View attachment 206599

Media caption:

"We deserved to win the game this evening and I am so pleased we did, the guys gave it their all, we outplayed Barca at their own game"

KNVB-beker.jpg

Cup Final
22nd April 2012

(Full time)
De Kuip:
Attendance: 6 769
Ajax 4 : 0 Ajax 2 (reserves)
MoM: Fernando Belluschi

View attachment 206600

Media caption:

"I need to go through some of the history books as I cannot recall this happening in recent years, the reserves have done a fantastic job getting to the final by beating teams such as Fc Twente along the way, they can be extremely happy with themselves and as a result, will have their oppurtunities in the first team"

(Full time)
Camp Nou:
Attendance: 102 080
Fc Barcelona1
: 0 Ajax
MoM: Itumaleng Khune

View attachment 206601

Media caption:

"What a match, we took the best team in the world to penalties even after Eyong got his marching orders halfway through the first half. The red card most definately changed the dynamics as most red cards do, Eyong did apologize to me and the rest of his team mates for letting them down however it was what tilted the tie in Barca's favour, I still feel that we deserved to be in the final, but that is football"

(Full time)
Abe Lenstra Stadion:
Attendance: 26 100
sc Herenveen 2
: 2 Ajax
MoM: Mounir El Hamdoui

View attachment 206602

Media caption:

"As promised, I gave a few of the younger players a run out this evening due to their performances in the Cup, they did not dissapoint. A very entertaining game for the neutrals"

End of season fixtures/results/awards:

View attachment 206613View attachment 206614View attachment 206615View attachment 206616View attachment 206617View attachment 206618

(Board meeting)
20th May 2012

board%20room%20-%20istock_000003602213medium.jpg

Steven called a board meeting earlier this morning to discuss a few things, he firstly thanked me for doing a great job this season and the way in which I dealt with players and staff was most pleasing. We chatted about the season and how we could improve on it the following season and I told him that we needed to increase the transfer budget in order to bring in the calibre of player I would need in order to go that one step further in the Champions League (****, Eyong acted like a spoilt brat after I had fined him for his red card which cost us the final, we had a bit of a fallout that is why he is on the transfer list, plus I have McDonald Mariga coming in for free to replace him)

The rest of the board had decided to offer me a new contract which they would propose to me in a few days once they had it drawn up, I am glad they decided to keep me on, hopefully it will be lucrative and relatively long...

During the course of the meeting Steven mentioned that the club had cleared all of their debts and were operating at such a level of financial stability that my request may be granted.

View attachment 206603

The next morning I wake up, smiling from ear to ear, what a fantastic season, emails fly in from friends and family congratualting me on a successful season, as I skim through them all, reply to the ones I feel obligated too, I see an email from a Turkish address...

It seems as though Fenerbahce have sacked their coach Aykut Kocaman and they were lining up to approach me as I was their leading candidate....

View attachment 206592

Last edited:
Back