The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
Another good update boss and some very nice results and a nice CL group to start this seasons campaign of and a nice results against PSG:D

Brilliant start to the season, Raikan and long may the form continue :)

Cracking start! 100% and only a few goals conceded, definately going to be a major contender in the CL.. What were your odds on winning it?
thanks Ben! I cant remember, but it was "you should use this as a learning experience.. bla bla bla"

thats normally like 25:1 and above, if not more :)

My eagle eyes are back again mate ;)

In your second game of the season you put Vitesse instead of Roda JC.

Great update and congrats on some fine results :)

lol :) changed, thanks Bead! Copy and paste.. sigh! I had double checked it as well! getting old

I am glad to see you are all reading every fine detail though :) means its interesting, thanks for the one spelling mistake as well :) I have changed it! I may have had a quick parkinsons attack on the l :)

update coming today again...

(The best news in the world)
2nd October 2012

belgrade-river.jpg

Lying in bed in the hotel, staring out the window at the river blue as tanzanite, (we were all staying in for our away game in Serbia this evening against league winners Partizan) my mobile phone vibrates viciously on the side table, wriggling off towards the edge...

I look at the caller ID and answer. "Hi babe, how are you?" she replies "Morning baby, I am wonderful thank you, I have some news... I am pregnant" I swear to God my heart nearly jumped out of my mouth, I tear rolled down my face, slowly, irratically as I started to smile with joy, I was going to be a dad!

I jumped out of bed, I nearly broke my ankle in the process, ran over to my laptop and skyped my mom, she was going to be a grandmother....

All I could think about through breakfast was getting my family across to the Netherlands, its been over sixteen months since I moved here, Candyce's project was set for the final stage of acceptance and hand over within the next month or so..

We had a big game this evening, I had to concentrate on it, our first away game of the Champions League, Partizan were a good team and were not to be underestimated...

Preparations for the match could not have gone better, it was a cold day in Belgrade though, what a wonderful city, beautiful, hitoric with friendly people and an impeccable stadium.

2yo27hk.jpg

(Full time)
Stadion Fk Partizan:
Attendance: 32 710
Partizan 0
: 4 Ajax
MoM: Ruben Yttergard Jennsen

View attachment 208947

(Media Caption)

"Ruben was in fine form this evening, finishing with a brace and creating the goal for Jorge as well"

wpid-Ajax-vs-Heerenveen1.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
Ajax 4 : 0 Sc Heerenveen
MoM: Mounir El Hamdoui

View attachment 208948

(Media Caption)

"Mounir is playing at the top of his game, no doubt, I hope he can continue his fine form for the forseeable future"

wpid-PSV-Eindhoven-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
Philips Stadion:
Attendance: 35 000
PSV 1
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Dries Martens

View attachment 208949

(Media Caption)

"I am happy with this result, it has been a tough couple of weeks with our increased schedule and travelling, we were a bit wasteful with our shots, however, PSV had one half chance and buried it"

Manchester United vs Ajax

23rd October 2012, Old Trafford

Old_Trafford.jpg

The biggest game of my life, millions of fans from all corners of the globe will be tuning in this evening to watch their team play, Manchester United. We are the underdogs which is the tag we will gladly be wearing come kickoff, I pray the boys stick to the game plan this evening and do not get intimidated by their surroundings and the spectacle itself...

(Full time)
Old Trafford:
Attendance: 75 797
Manchester United 2
: 2 Ajax
MoM: Ashley Young

View attachment 208950

(Media Caption)

"We were so close to an upset, Andrea deserving to get on the score sheet
on the 86th minute, 2:1 up at Old Trafford, two minutes later a silly mistake cost us the result, I am extremely proud with the way we performed this evening, everyone can be proud of their contribution"

wpid-Ajax-vs-Twente.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 620
Ajax 6 : 1 Fc Twente
MoM: Luuk De Jong

View attachment 208951

(Media Caption)

"One of the best results we have had in the league over the past year, a wonderful team performance, a win that will definately go down in Ajax history"

wpid-Feyenoord-vs-Ajax.jpg

(Full time)
De Kuip:
Attendance: 51 137
Feyenoord 0
: 1 Ajax
MoM: Toby Alderweireld

View attachment 208952

(Media Caption)

"A tightly contested game, not the greatest spectacle for fans and neutrals alike, but thats football, three points is three points at the end of the day"

mip0cp.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 620
Ajax 1 : 2 Manchester United
MoM: Wayne Rooney

View attachment 208953

(Media Caption)

"We played well this evening, dominated possession, however we were hit by two deadly counter attacks, a good performance none the less from the boys this evening, they can all be proud"

wpid-Ajax-vs-VVV-Venlo.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 416
Ajax 4 : 0 VVV
MoM: Andrea Bertolacci

View attachment 208955View attachment 208954

(Media Caption)

"Complete midfield domination this evening, Andrea did not put a foot wrong, finishing with two goals for himself as well as an assist"

wpid-Ajax-vs-Utrecht.jpg

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 51 416
Ajax 3 : 0 Fc Utrecht
MoM: Andrea Bertolacci

View attachment 208957View attachment 208956

(Media Caption)

"Andrea has settled into his new role and club like he has been here for years, another fantastic performance from him this evening"

**** unlucky against Utd. On FM 2012 they are deadly on the counter, it's one thing I picked up on when I first started on 2012 with Tottenham.

as I said Bertolacci is a BEAST. Are bigger clubs after any of your players after these results?

**** unlucky against Utd. On FM 2012 they are deadly on the counter, it's one thing I picked up on when I first started on 2012 with Tottenham.

yeah they are really quick! bastards! lol

I should have adopted one of my other two tactics for it, but I wanted to test out the possession tactic vs the biggest team in the game (well top 3) and it worked well for the most part!

I am creating my own for the first time for my Wrexham team and story. All the fine tweaking to do. >.<

as I said Bertolacci is a BEAST. Are bigger clubs after any of your players after these results?

pretty much every player in my squad, Inter are adament on gettting Luuk, Chelsea on Jan Vertonghen, City, Valencia for Ruben and the list goes on, they are all happy though :) have not had a problem yet "touches wood"

Would like to include this all in, but it would take forever :) plus I played to far into it without updating, got one more update before I reach to where I am currently on the game!

I am closing down the business from the 15th December to 12th January so no updates will occur in between, not going to be online during most of that time unfortunately...

You go enjoy the festive period! I'm sure a lot of other people won't be online as much during that period of time anyway.

pretty much every player in my squad, Inter are adament on gettting Luuk, Chelsea on Jan Vertonghen, City, Valencia for Ruben and the list goes on, they are all happy though :) have not had a problem yet "touches wood"

Would like to include this all in, but it would take forever :) plus I played to far into it without updating, got one more update before I reach to where I am currently on the game!

I am closing down the business from the 15th December to 12th January so no updates will occur in between, not going to be online during most of that time unfortunately...

Well that means you have busy 6 days updating until 15th. :D

I've noticed that if you put large enough asking price then clubs wont make enquiries on your players and then agents wont ask for wage rises.

Well that means you have busy 6 days updating until 15th. :D

I've noticed that if you put large enough asking price then clubs wont make enquiries on your players and then agents wont ask for wage rises.

they all pretty much do, they have enquired for Luuk for eg: I say I want £35m they reject and his set price is at £35m and he never even asked for a new deal (wait, he did which I signed for him) the rest never even battered and eye lid :)

Nice result at OT but unlucky at home boss... Looking forward to the last update of this year and go and enjoy the Xmas period (as i no i will:P)

Just a question Neil in the games v Utd away and VVV, Utrecht did you use the S&S tactic which i used for my CSKA save or was it a different 1 mate:)

Nice result at OT but unlucky at home boss... Looking forward to the last update of this year and go and enjoy the Xmas period (as i no i will:P)

Just a question Neil in the games v Utd away and VVV, Utrecht did you use the S&S tactic which i used for my CSKA save or was it a different 1 mate:)

shot dude :)

only used the S&S for the home game vs United and the 4:0 win vs VVV at home :)

anymore comments? there has been two big updates since yesterday :)

anything else you would like to see? humour, fun, etc etc?

anymore comments? there has been two big updates since yesterday :)

anything else you would like to see? humour, fun, etc etc?

I can't think of anything else off hand but just keep up the good work bud you are giving us Fm-Base readers a really good in-depth and realistic story and i for 1 am LOVING IT...:D

I can't think of anything else off hand but just keep up the good work bud you are giving us Fm-Base readers a really good in-depth and realistic story and i for 1 am LOVING IT...:D

That's about it. Keep it up Raikan!

Back