The High Flying Dutchmen: An Ajax Amsterdam Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 400
  • Views Views 138K
Brilliant 1st half to the season Boss...

I see my Inter predicitions came right again.... Think ill keep these winnings to myself thought hahahahah

you were spot on :) I wanted to say something back then but it would have ruined the story! **** good results so far, except that loss to VVV.. oh well!

You visited a coffee shop for a spot of coffee ... Yeah sure ;)

A very good read this is. I think D@ve is into this story abit to much though lol.

Keep it up man, really enjoying this.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! I no but cant help it haha..

Yes some fantastic results and good preformances from the players.. I'm sure you can get revenge on VVV and good luck for the 2nd half of season

Last edited:
story has been updated to everyone who is following :) its on page 12

Grtz with the tie at milan 2 bad for vvv indeed althoug they do have Musa a player to look out for (im acting as musa 's agent or wink wink )

I know I was gutted by that defeat.. Musa is a machine on Fifa, not so much on Fm :)

would say this is the best story ever on FM Base :)

Enjoy reading it !

i have read the whole story in the past hour.
loving it
personally i would have taken the money for de jong and the signed someone like damiao if you could get him but keep it up mate

D@ve, make sure you keep taking the calming pills buddy :)

Nice work Raikan - hows my main man Rits doing on loan :P

This story >>>>>>>

only read the first page aswell, love the idea of it being like you're actually the manager kept me interested will read the rest now

Hi Raykan! Just finished to read all of the 14 pages of youre incredible ride on Ajax, i'll keep an eye on this story wich is really good writed and is slightly different from the others with a touch of real life in it! Keep up the good work!

ps Happy u managed to beat Inter in Cl as i'm a Juventus supporter :)

Great work Neil, just got to read the entire Thread now and it is well written and gives a good outlook on the real life on a manager.
May use some of your ideas for my own story(first one since fm10). Also glad to see you didnt sell Luuk, he will be a top player.
Keep up the good work mate :)

Ok I just read that, am I the Jono that lead you to the awesome weed coffee shop?

hahah, it was Jono :P or maybe not, whatever you want it to be :P

Its funny because I have family who live in Amsterdam.

Also I send you details to this awesome place no one else knows about and you ***** out. MAN UP :P

Your results are looking amazing with Ajax so far, any possibility I can download your ability to make tactics into my brain? I'm hopeless :(

(Christmas Eve)
Saturday, 24th December 2011

christmas%2Beve%2Btree.jpg

Since our last game against De Treffers (which funnily enough directly translates into The Songs using Afrikaans) we have a substantial break until our next competitive match away at Excelsior on the 21/01/2012. The town looks incredible, all the lights and decorations are in full flight, it radiates an aura of happiness and goodwill which is even that much sweeter from our good start to the season...

During this time of year no matter where I am or who I am with I feel sad, the feeling only amplifies itself at the moment, a glass of scotch or five should help... Sitting in my apartment, listening to the christmas carrols floating in on waves of happiness, I hear a sharp knock on my front door...

I put down my glass and make my way to the door, wondering to myself who this could possibly be.. I open the door and standing in front of me is Candyce with a bottle of our favourite wine, Glen Carlou: Tortoise Hill Red..

I could not believe it, I was lost for words, what a lovely present for christmas, I had honestly thought I was going to be spending it alone...

Later on it turns out that Steven had gotten in touch with her and decided to fly her up for a few days as a surprise, she has known about it for weeks...

All I could think about was my conversation with Ralph a few weeks ago, I had not actually bought a ring or even sourced it yet, she had no idea either..

ZA-BL-0159-08p.jpg

I had given everyone just over a week off to spend with their friends and families but told them not to eat or drink too much otherwise they were in for it when they returned to training...

(New years day)
Sunday, 1st January 2012

amsterdam-arena.jpg

I arrive at the arena early in the morning, a little hungover after my last night with Candyce as she was on her way back to South Africa already, to welcome Nikao to the club as he flew in from Brazil. The stadium was as quite as a library in a convent, dead quite, lifeless...

I pop into Stevens office to see if he is there to thank him for my present, he was not in, I had remembered him saying something about going to Australia for Christmas a couple of months ago, he must have grand children down under...

(Back to reality)
Saturday, 21st January 2012
08:29am

12566680057iUEZ2S.jpg

As I walk out the front door of the apartment block, a gust of ice cold wind engulfs me, biting at the tip of my ears, its been snowing all night... This is going to be interesting...

Eredivisie-logo.png

(Full time)
Woudestein:
Attendance: 2 500
Excelsior
0 : 4 Ajax
MoM: Siem De Jong

View attachment 206063

Media caption:

"I think the break did wonders for the squad, I did have a slight concern that we would lose our momentum, clearly not from the result this evening, the guys can be really proud of their performance"

(Full time)
Phillips Stadion:
Attendance: 32 948
PSV
0 : 1 Ajax
MoM: Toby Alderwiereld

View attachment 206064

Media caption:

"A tough away game this evening, all credit goes to our defence this evening, we were solid, impermeable"

(Full time)
Gelredome:
Attendance: 24 472
Vitesse
1 : 1 Ajax
MoM:

View attachment 206065

Media caption:

"There is not much to say about this game, I know the guys are angry with themselves for the performance they put in, I am not going to sit here and pour salt in the wounds, only to encourage them to bounce back in their next game"

(Full time)
Amsterdam Arena:
Attendance: 52 960
Ajax 2 : 1 Az Alkmaar
MoM: Carlos Diogo

View attachment 206066

Media caption:

"I don't think Carlos missed a tackle this evening, have you seen the Eredevisie stats? Carlos is topping the league with tackles made, I counted at least 10 this evening. He provided a lovely cross for the winner"

Last edited:
Back