The " I have a small question" thread FM13

Hi ppl..

Just a quicky to anyone a bit smarter than me, for ages now this game has been doing my head in when it comes to defending as i always conceded goals whatever i tried, recently i read an article about mourinho and his days at inter and it made me think and mess around with an inter save, to which i had good success playing rigid with a very deep line and cautious tackling which was great but the problem is i dont want to play defensively i am a mourinho fan and like quick direct attacks but as soon as i fiddle with high d lines and heavy pressing my defensive organization goes out the window??? any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

benshuff85

Last 15 min goals, too much concedeed, how to prevent that, sometimes i put ,,wasting time - often ,, and counter... any more tips ?

Hi everyone!
I wanted to download the "JP Woody's Conte style 3-5-2 (13.3.2)", but the download link no longer exists. Someone would be able to post the file?

Thanks!

I'm currently managing Australia. I want to change the match training - additional focus area to def. positioning. However, everytime I change it to def. pos. and continue the game it changes back to tactics only. Any suggestions or is this a bug.

May I know who coach that could easily training PPM what we would?

Usually, the coaches reccomended the PPM training if the training impossible for player, but I think the player capable.
May I know who?

Does qualifying for CL football increase your chances of attracting better players or is it solely to do with team rep?

One quick question. Is it best to let youngsters stay in the youth team and let them train and play with them or to put them in your first team and let them play for the reserves squad? Those you feel will become very good.

I posted new thread with tactic how much should i wait to be aproved ?

Question for all you tactics geniuses.

In the strikers player tactic breakdown screen i have all the sliders ticked and positioned, he is down as a DLF attack for example, if change his role say to a poacher, but due to the ticked sliders nothing changes, does it make any difference to how he plays?

I know the obvious answer would be NO, but just wondered with the engine being what it is, if it made any minor changes, i'm sure i've seen improved performance when the player is given a role in name only he's suited too.

Question for all you tactics geniuses.

In the strikers player tactic breakdown screen i have all the sliders ticked and positioned, he is down as a DLF attack for example, if change his role say to a poacher, but due to the ticked sliders nothing changes, does it make any difference to how he plays?

I know the obvious answer would be NO, but just wondered with the engine being what it is, if it made any minor changes, i'm sure i've seen improved performance when the player is given a role in name only he's suited too.

The sliders in effect are player 'roles' like poacher etc...So if you are changing them then you are creating a new type 'role' this can be very effective say your player has high stats but not used on his position.
e.g he's a target man...but he is massively quick too, if you selected on the sliders to run with ball often instead of hold up play then he would not only get the ball he would run with it instead of laying it off.

When my assistant manager takes care of friendly matches, he doesn't make any substitutions. How can i fix that?

Last edited:
Hello I manage Greek National team and the tactic familiarity level is almost zero. I don't make major changes at the squad...is this a bug? Also I can't find any match preparation at national team's tabs, is there any?

Hi,

As we all know German and Spanish football are great to watch and see. Ive been observing matches and notice that at times a team eg. Barca all press universally. Do you think this is achievable in fm as in all on the same level of pressing like say 14/16 clicks or do you have to set some players to press lower. sorry if my english is bad

I play as Hertha Berlin and i have a 16 year old talent that i really want to develop into a good player.
The problem is that my youth trainers are really bad(can't affort to better). onto my question:

What should i do?

Alternative 1: Let him play in the u19 league with bad trainers

Alternative 2: Let him train with the senior squad without playing any matches

I play as Hertha Berlin and i have a 16 year old talent that i really want to develop into a good player.
The problem is that my youth trainers are really bad(can't affort to better). onto my question:

What should i do?

Alternative 1: Let him play in the u19 league with bad trainers

Alternative 2: Let him train with the senior squad without playing any matches

When I have a nice talent I bring him to the first squad in order to train with my good first team coaches and I make him available for under20 team for 90mins. There is an option in squad tab for that. So he trains with the first team and he plays with youth squad.

I can only choose to play him in the U23 team, and Hertha Berlins U23 team is inactive