The " I have a small question" thread FM13

Hello everyone. I´m starting to use FM Classic Mode. What tactics, from all the great ones that you tried, do you advise me to use with Barcelona?
Just another questions if you don´t mind: the custom superleagues don´t work in the Classic Mode , don´t they?

Thank you in advance.

I can only choose to play him in the U23 team, and Hertha Berlins U23 team is inactive

You should be able to arrange friendlies. Go to the U23 squad, from there to the fixture tab. Tedious work, I know, but surely worth it.

How do I get my AMC/AMR/AML to track back when the oppositions DMC has the ball for example. Its almost liek once it passes them they give it up, leaving my MC's to press and then leaving a hole behind them.(I play 4231)

Will Tight Marking for my front 4 work for this? If not please help me understand "Tight Marking", both overall and for forwards in particular. Thanks.

I seen some 12 yesterday on 2088 so yh think it keeps going :)

Last edited:
If i have two players on the same position but with different roles with exactly the same personal instructions, will they play differently?

If i have two players on the same position but with different roles with exactly the same personal instructions, will they play differently?

Will give you a couple of answers as i am not certain to what you are referring to

-The instructions sets their agenda, not the role so if you tweak the settings of a poacher to be the same of a Trequartista he will act as a Trequartista

- The "Role" that the player is labelled to is just the role that his stats matches the best. He does not actually know he is a poacher etc, its just the game making it a little bit easier for us, labelling him with the role he does best

How they carry out their directives will be down to their prefered moved, prefered foot, the quality of their stats and their overall mental profile

"-The instructions sets their agenda, not the role so if you tweak the settings of a poacher to be the same of a Trequartista he will act as a Trequartista"

That answered my question, thank you!

one question. I have eden hazard as a AML and El sharaawy as a AMR, I play both as a inside forward(S), but should i put el shaarawy as a winger to get the best of him? Does it affect to my game alot if i have AML as a inside forward and AMR as a winger?

Does it take longer for team to gain full level on Tactic Familiarity if you have more than 1 tactic saved in the tactics screen? As the game allows you to save up to three different tactics at the same time.

Does it take longer for team to gain full level on Tactic Familiarity if you have more than 1 tactic saved in the tactics screen? As the game allows you to save up to three different tactics at the same time.

Yep, that's what I read in every tutorial about match preparation.

In Football Manager terminology, do Italian teams usually play rigid or fluid football? I know Italian teams are usually defensive and tactically disciplined, but do they have a fluid or a rigid philosophy? If the whole team defends, like I think is the case with most of the Italian teams, it should be a fluid philosophy. I heard the opposite though. I am interested what you guys think.

View attachment 358979 Hi i really need help i made this formation but i cant score !!!! like the defence is amazing but the attack doesnt really score anyone have an idea of what i did wrong

Just a quick question. I want my assistant manager to do match preparation what sates does he need?

In Football Manager terminology, do Italian teams usually play rigid or fluid football? I know Italian teams are usually defensive and tactically disciplined, but do they have a fluid or a rigid philosophy? If the whole team defends, like I think is the case with most of the Italian teams, it should be a fluid philosophy. I heard the opposite though. I am interested what you guys think.

I'd say most teams play ridged but likes of juve napoli play fluid

Is it normal all my players train this poor at the beginning of a game? Almost every player dropped in skills like the picture. My trainers are at least 5 stars en i've set individual training for each player. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

No, that is definitely not normal in my opinion. Are you sure you do not have match preparation on 100%? Maybe that would disallow the attributes from developing?

I've got everything on average or medium so that can't be the problem. FM also states that all players are happy with their current level of training.

Hi, anybody can tell me is there a problem with 13.3.0 patch ? because i'm having a big trouble to find a tactic which suits my teams. In every career, with almost every plug and play tactics i'm unsuccesful.this is happening to me first time since last 7-8 years. i'm also careful about the version of tactics. i mean i'm using mostly the update of tactics for 13.3.3. please help..(i'm playing with the proper cpy crack )