The " I have a small question" thread FM13

So Im playing a low league team in England, having read some guides (very high fitness preseason, reducing training in season), semi professional and my players starting to need rest 10 games into the season.

Being England (FA Cup, FA Trophy and 24 teams in my league) there is a game every 3 days for the next 9 month and even after 2 week break as soon as they play another game rest is needed again. So all I do is resting my whole first team 7 days 24/7 and that clickfest is my main time spending ...
frown.gif

Do I need to rotate (throw) every 2nd game for the first few seasons to build up fitness and is that even possible on lower league, since players mostly decrease due to bad training (obv influenced so far by resting 90% of the season).
With a bit of rotation when affordable they are able to play the whole season, but its just unbelievable annoying.

What makes Bale so good ? His average attributes are moderately high but not in the 18-20 range. I was thinking of ditching Nani and buying him but purely from attributes comparison he does not seem to be that much better.
Is it his PPM and personality ?

I have a good goalkeeper. The only thing is that his rate for aerial ability is nog good. How can I train him to improve this?

I don't have any forward to tutor Neymar, and he looks beyond the tutoring age.

Then it will become tricky. In this case though, I wold not worry too much.
- Work rate: How much he will care to close down, tackle, make a long run for a ball played into space. Just make sure you dont use him as a defensve forward set to target man with run onto the ball ;D
- Team Work: For a poacher etc, it can sometimes be better to have aplayer that is more selfish. A player with a low value here basiclly means that he mostly will look to score himself rather than to setup his teammate

( determination: For how many minutes in the game he will continue to fight, get back into the game etc).

So, its: Willingness to fight, Selfishness, Patience and energy to stay fighting)

I have a question about transfer budget.
At the end of my first pre-season I still have 28 mil pound left on my transfer budget as ManU.
It kept decreasing and by the end of the season I only had 7 mil.
Is it normal or is it due to ManU having to repay 13 mil every month ?

I was thinking of pooling all my transfer budget so I can have something like 60 mil pound to splash on. Is this impossible ?

Edit :
New season budget just came in. I now have 45 mil pound to spend.
So that meant after one year the board only gave me an additional 17 mil.
Does the spend-it-or-lose-it rule apply to everyone or just the severely indebted ManU ?

Last edited:
Is there any way for the star ratings to be broken? on previous saves as man Utd my scouts have found tons of 5 star potential players, now in my athletico Madrid save there is none! I'm not talking about regens but in my other athletico save Oliver was a 5star now he's 4 and a half and it's like that with all the players in the world! players like lamela and Lucasmoura are only 4 and a half instead of 5 and it seems like every players star rating has gone down by half a star, probably not that big of a deal but it bothers me still! any suggestions?

Then it will become tricky. In this case though, I wold not worry too much.
- Work rate: How much he will care to close down, tackle, make a long run for a ball played into space. Just make sure you dont use him as a defensve forward set to target man with run onto the ball ;D
- Team Work: For a poacher etc, it can sometimes be better to have aplayer that is more selfish. A player with a low value here basiclly means that he mostly will look to score himself rather than to setup his teammate

( determination: For how many minutes in the game he will continue to fight, get back into the game etc).

So, its: Willingness to fight, Selfishness, Patience and energy to stay fighting)

I actually created a Barcelona-esque tactic, but Neymar's lack of team-work is really hurting the team. Demba Ba links up better but he is just a class below Neymar.

You may rotate focus on the mental attributes that are trainable. For the non-trainable, tutoring is the answer.

A scout with Judging Potential at 17 gave me a report for a Costa Rican defender and told me he had 2.5 stars, max. potential. But as I felt he was a real bargain (500 euros..) and I like to take a risk, I bought him and now he's like 4.5 stars potential! Which is great ofcourse, but why can my top scout be so wrong? Is a 2-star flaw in potential possible with 17 JP?

i feel like every tactic i make, every tactic i download it dosen't work for tottenham... I found one tactic that works, but i'm afraid after i use it too much it will stop working, is that true?

i feel like every tactic i make, every tactic i download it dosen't work for tottenham... I found one tactic that works, but i'm afraid after i use it too much it will stop working, is that true?

No, its not true but a tactic/approach can get less effective after a while due to the following.
  • It relies on a heavy closing down system and when the players are exhausted/complecent/out of form etc, the team stops closing down as a unit/ at all and then the wnhole approach falls to pieces.
  • It relies on one or two players( read player settings) being in form. If lets say the supporting MC putting all these t-balls onto your Quick poacher, and they are exhausted/complecent/out of form etc, then you will struggle. If not handling these dips in form with correct man management, you can suffer from the next point
  • .....The players not being able to perform due to being exhausted/complecent/out of form etc. If getting into a slump and you cant use correct man management, then the whole season can get spoiled. Then ones starts to tghink its down to the tactic and then change it to something different when its not a tactical issue
  • THe approach relies on the opponent opening up to you. Once they start to see you as a bigger threat, then they will play more cautious against. It might be that your approach is not really one that breaks down deep and compact teams.

Now, depending on what the issue is, the solution can be different. When you have a specific problem,just decribe it to us and we will try to help you regognize the problem in time ( if you wait too long, you will suffer from many of the points above)

can you tell me how do i take a screenshot while i'm in the game? I will post a screenshot of my tactic so you guys can help me improve it if i'm doing something wrong.

I always watch the full match because it gives me more control over the opponents tactics.
Is it ok to constantly 'repair' and adjust the tactics while the match is playing depending on every change my opponent makes in order to exploit his weaknesses?
I play with Juventus 4-2-3-1 and it works perfectly far. 5 straight Seria A wins.

i need some good advice how to interact with player so i can raise the morale ? and i want someone who cna give me good and effective team talks the best that you ever experineced

i need some good advice how to interact with player so i can raise the morale ? and i want someone who cna give me good and effective team talks the best that you ever experineced

What is it you want to raise. Is it the moral or the motivation ?. What kind of players are we talking about ?( personality etc)

Hi! I am playing a possession/passing tactic and I have youngsters (15-20 of age) that I would like to prepare them and adapt them to the tactic. When I try to train them with specifiec and important PPM (like play simple passing game) my coaches say they don't think they are able to do that. Is there any way to train the youngsters into adapting the tactic and forcing them into fitting the system? Any training tips?
Also, what is best, training my youngsters without playing them much, or loaning them?