The " I have a small question" thread FM13

I signed a 25 year old Rodrigo for my Liverpool team. He has a specific weakness of "important matches". What is the best way to train him to get rid of this weakness?

Hi.I have next few small qestions::)
1.I download tactic and my all players in individual instructions crosses on Target Man, but in team instructions is unticked TM. Where my players will crosses?XD.
2.In my other tactic(4-2-3-1) i have falcao. He is poacher and in Team Instruction ticked him on TM-mixed supply, he cant score, he always long shot.
3.Poacher and Target Man in one is not good idea?
4.Where i can see how many have new players in first season?
5.How many MAX you recomended new player for first eleven in first season?
Sry for my English;D

Last edited:
2.In my other tactic(4-2-3-1) i have falcao. He is poacher and in Team Instruction ticked him on TM-mixed supply, he cant score, he always long shot.

Look to increase/decrease mentality of players from the 3 line so they are easier passing options. You'll have to see if there's lack of players to try balls ahead (increase some AM's mentality or forward runs) or nobody is behind in a short distance to receive an easy back pass (decrease some AM's mentality or forward runs or increase MC's).

Not sure if you're asking how to know what players are new to each squad: go to their squad and choose contract view, if there's no start date of contract make a new custom view adding it.

This I would prefer to let someone better at this to answer, but I'll say I'm observing in rotation is better not to bring more than three different players, so I wouldn't be surprised if three is also the answer to that question.

Hope I helped.

Look to increase/decrease mentality of players from the 3 line so they are easier passing options. You'll have to see if there's lack of players to try balls ahead (increase some AM's mentality or forward runs) or nobody is behind in a short distance to receive an easy back pass (decrease some AM's mentality or forward runs or increase MC's).

Not sure if you're asking how to know what players are new to each squad: go to their squad and choose contract view, if there's no start date of contract make a new custom view adding it.

This I would prefer to let someone better at this to answer, but I'll say I'm observing in rotation is better not to bring more than three different players, so I wouldn't be surprised if three is also the answer to that question.

Hope I helped.
thanks

Just a quick question. I want my assistant manager to do match preparation what sates does he need?

Last edited:
On my tactics list, how i clear out the list of ones i previously used under the drop down?

Should I teach this player the 'Tries long shots' PPM?

View attachment 373804

To some this may sound like a ****** stupid question - 20 long shots, 17 technique, 17 decisions and 15 composure. But I like my tiki-taka and I've never got on with a player with 'tries long shots' - I've always sold them after getting fed up of watching them blat it over the bar. (Actually there was one regen in FM11 I liked, but he was different to this one for reasons I won't go into.)

I would like him to take more long shots than he does at the moment - but I don't want him to start blasting over the bar every time he gets the ball. I can't help thinking that with 17 creativity and decisions he should be taking long shots when they're on without the PPM.

Should I teach this player the 'Tries long shots' PPM?

View attachment 373804

To some this may sound like a ****** stupid question - 20 long shots, 17 technique, 17 decisions and 15 composure. But I like my tiki-taka and I've never got on with a player with 'tries long shots' - I've always sold them after getting fed up of watching them blat it over the bar. (Actually there was one regen in FM11 I liked, but he was different to this one for reasons I won't go into.)

I would like him to take more long shots than he does at the moment - but I don't want him to start blasting over the bar every time he gets the ball. I can't help thinking that with 17 creativity and decisions he should be taking long shots when they're on without the PPM.

Dont teach him the PPM. Instead, use the rarely, mixed or often settings. This way, YOU can decdie when he should try it more often or when he should look for a pass instead.

Do players grow taller during puberty and some years after that in FM ?
From my small small sample size of one, it doesnt seem so. One of my player was 186 cm at 15 and is still the same height 4 years later.

I'm curious because my team is apparently the smallest in the league with "only" 179 cm average but at first I thought it was only caused by my players age (average of 22.6 years) and with so many 18-19 years old the height concern will be solved over time.

From my small small sample size of one, it doesnt seem so. One of my player was 186 cm at 15 and is still the same height 4 years later.

I'm curious because my team is apparently the smallest in the league with "only" 179 cm average but at first I thought it was only caused by my players age (average of 22.6 years) and with so many 18-19 years old the height concern will be solved over time.

I'm pretty sure they do. Although I imagine 18-19 year olds won't grow very much if at all.

Sorry, the players will have the same hight an weight through out the game.

Quick question regarding training. If I set my ST to be a complete forward, will he work on all areas of being a complete forward? So it improves all the required attributes.

Quick question regarding training. If I set my ST to be a complete forward, will he work on all areas of being a complete forward? So it improves all the required attributes.

Yes, but they ll improve slower than if you only train a specific attribute (in which case that attribute will increase quicker).

Probably something they should look into on FM14 I think

I actually think they should not. It's such a small feature that brings absolutely nothing to the game but if not getting it correct, it could mess things up more than you think. If the game had been " FM Youth Manager", then It would have been an important feature though.

I actually think they should not. It's such a small feature that brings absolutely nothing to the game but if not getting it correct, it could mess things up more than you think. If the game had been " FM Youth Manager", then It would have been an important feature though.
True thoughts, personally think FM13 was the best of the series by far, be interesting to see what they deliver on 14

Neymar with his 62 million £ transfer fee and 210k £ weekly wage got a torn calf muscle back in January when he was 26 years old and was out for 3 months.

His stat dropped considerably after he came back to the squad in April. Even about a month and a half of training and of constantly playing him, his stats hasn't improved.

According to Genie Scout, he is only at 174 CA out of 188 PA.
Will he ever go back to normal ? If not I'll just sell him while the transfer window is still open

Hi, has anyone ever seen the Goalkeeper stat "Rushing Out" Improve? After years on the Sweeper Keeper training on Heavy with great mental attributes ( 17 determination, 16 ambition, 18 professionalism), my regen keeper with 192 / 198 has not budged this even 1 point.

However I have seen Height increased before. Could swear my keeper went from 181 cm to 182 cm

Hi, has anyone ever seen the Goalkeeper stat "Rushing Out" Improve? After years on the Sweeper Keeper training on Heavy with great mental attributes ( 17 determination, 16 ambition, 18 professionalism), my regen keeper with 192 / 198 has not budged this even 1 point.

However I have seen Height increased before. Could swear my keeper went from 181 cm to 182 cm

I would think that it never improves unless you have Sweeper keeper training, normal keeper training doesn't focus on the rushing out attribute

The rushing out attribute isn't how good he is at rushing out, it's how often he will rush out. So it's a tendency attribute, like tendency to punch.