The " I have a small question" thread FM14

Not sure if it is the right place to ask this, but here goes. I'm managing Swansea in an online game, the tactics work (champion and europa league winner on the second season), i have a strong squad and staff, but i'm amazingly horrible at home. I'm currently fighting for the title on the 3rd season, and although i'm by a huge margin the best team away, i'm 10th at home, with 5 games to go.

This has happened in all 3 seasons, all competitions. What gives?

Hello guys
If i choose my past experience as "sunday league player" Can i still get a son in the game?

And Will my son, not be so good because i was a "sunday league player".

I have a small question....

I bought and downloaded the game via steam earlier... and was just curious about how I install facepacks and club badges to my game.... I dont appear to have the usual Program files/Sports Interactive/FM14 destination. please help :(

I have a small question....

I bought and downloaded the game via steam earlier... and was just curious about how I install facepacks and club badges to my game.... I dont appear to have the usual Program files/Sports Interactive/FM14 destination. please help :(

You need to make a map/folder in your documents called graphics - like this C:\Users\*****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics. Then you need to go into preferences in FM 14 and click the box 'reload skin on confirm' and then click confirm. Should work :D

Sort of a philosophical/match engine kind of question:

Imagine you have to players.

- one is 67kg @ 174cm,
- the other one is 88kg @ 192cm.

Both have identical Stamina, Natural Fitness and Work Rate stats.

Now, given the same imaginary cardio routine within FMs Match Engine: which one of those is losing his fitness quicker? Should be the big guy obviously, but does FM take into account the amount of mass a player has to carry around when calculating fitness loss during play? Now there's something to think about.

I know this may have been asked before...but I can't be bothered to go through 15 pages!

How do you make tactics with pre-set opposition instructions?

Yo i have problem with my players. Their stats not increasing(a few players lost stats and they havent injuries). I have all trainers 4,5 stars. WHat the best intesity individual training and team traning for increase stats. Big thanks and sry for my bad english

Sorry if this has been asked before. But I am just wondering if there is anywhere I can read about how "Player Preferred Moves'. I want to better understand how they work and how to train them. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

Im fed up of pragmatic defensive shitball.

I know im Losing player in the long run. BUT. Defensive tactics dont work. I want to lose with sexy football, not iran/greece/trapattoni style catenaccio bullshit.

How to play ATTACKING football.

What do people mean when they say that the match engine will "figure out" your tactic or approach?

I think that you are studied by the A.I. opposition scout and they suggest ways to play against you. The better the staff, the better their playstyle will be to counter you. Also, this does not happen straight away, as other teams are constantly analysing data about your team.

You can do this yourself to other teams, the opposition scout report tells you about the teams weaknesses and their likely formation.

Now my quick question: Does anybody know if there is knowledge of the differing physical demands of different roles?

For example, my motivation for this question, is I have a 33 year old Steven Gerrard that I would like to accommodate in my team, but I am unhappy substituting him in most games as he drops to below 75% by 70 minutes. This is forcing my hand at substitutions and may habe a negative effect on morale.

In summary, I mainly want to know the most suitable midfield role for him (used deep lying playmaker up to now, but have experimted with a half back in the last couple of games where I had already won the league).

Thanks

Now my quick question: Does anybody know if there is knowledge of the differing physical demands of different roles?

For example, my motivation for this question, is I have a 33 year old Steven Gerrard that I would like to accommodate in my team, but I am unhappy substituting him in most games as he drops to below 75% by 70 minutes. This is forcing my hand at substitutions and may habe a negative effect on morale.

In summary, I mainly want to know the most suitable midfield role for him (used deep lying playmaker up to now, but have experimted with a half back in the last couple of games where I had already won the league).

Thanks

I am no expert on the matter, but if he is going to play midfielder and you are going to try to conserve his energy the defensive midfield spot tends to be the least active. That stated there really isn't much you can do to combat father time.

If it makes you feel any better I regularly sub out my 18 year old stars at the 65-72 minute mark (as long as I am winning) to conserve their energy for the next game, especially seeing as how important their stamina is to their production. I have yet to see a morale drop, and in fact because my subs are getting playing time my team morale tends to be higher. In terms of losing production when subbing out, I will say again what I said earlier, that a player's stamina is extremely important in determining their production on the field. If your backups are only marginally worse than your starters then you should notice an increase in production once your exhausted player leaves the field.

Thanks alot, I might continue my trials with the half back position in pre season, although the world cup hasn't help in that regard. I would agree about the subbing, but being an experienced key player (and captain), this might be a slightly different situation.

I will also think about asking him to retire from internationals, but that is more a medium/longterm solution to my short term problem.

So i'm making a tactic with a libero, but when in possession the libero and my DC are next to each other. I want my libero to get in midfield, in front of my DC, how can i do that?

I think that by default the libero will only go forward when he has the ball at his feet. What mentality are you using and do you have DMs that could be blocking the liberos path?

Using the get further forward instruction might help, but could have some unwanted consequences as well.

So i'm making a tactic with a libero, but when in possession the libero and my DC are next to each other. I want my libero to get in midfield, in front of my DC, how can i do that?

Try giving your Libero attack duty (instead of support), he should go forward and attempt to score from deep. Also make sure that he has "goes forward whenever possible".... Additionally if you are looking for him to take shots make sure he has "takes long shots" and perhaps couple it with a preference for power-shots.

I'm not sure if this really fits here, but I though better put in the wrong place inside a thread rather than make a thread in wrong place.

For my senior training, for aerobic fitness, I have one coach doing it who has 5 star, and another who has 4 star. If I fire the coach who is giving 4 star aerobic fitness training, and keep the 5 star one, does that lower the quality of the training? Or is having one 5 star coach the highest quality of training you can have?

I'm not sure if this really fits here, but I though better put in the wrong place inside a thread rather than make a thread in wrong place.

For my senior training, for aerobic fitness, I have one coach doing it who has 5 star, and another who has 4 star. If I fire the coach who is giving 4 star aerobic fitness training, and keep the 5 star one, does that lower the quality of the training? Or is having one 5 star coach the highest quality of training you can have?

Depends on workload. If the workload isn't to high for just one coach, you're better off with just the 5 star one...

Depends on workload. If the workload isn't to high for just one coach, you're better off with just the 5 star one...
They are both only coaching aerobic fitness, except one is 4 star and one is 5 star. Thanks for the help, I'll get rid of the 4 star one.