The " I have a small question" thread FM14

@above... Very Fluid (after a while, they start hunting in packs)

Q. How do I make my WM(in a 4-1-4-1) or IF(in a 4-2-3-1 wide) stay narrower during attacking?
My CF(s) seems to be holding the ball but the two IF's are too far wide to be making a run in between the opponents FB and CB to recieve a pass from the CF.

Any help....

Which instructions I need to use when I'm winning a match easily, and I want my player's condition at the best please ?

Fluidity: Control; Balanced
Goalkeeper: Distribute to defenders
Opposition Instructions: Closing down - Always; Tackling - Normal; Show onto - Weaker foot

The team instructions depend on your formation and chosen style of play to some extent, but I go with...

Team Instructions: Retain possession; Shorter passing; Work ball into box; Play out of defence; Float crosses (or Drill, depending on your forwards' aerial abilities); Exploit the flanks; Play wider; Hassle opponents; Get stuck in*

* You might switch this one off if you're concerned about discipline or risk of injury, but with a large squad at my disposal, I leave it switched on. It helps to nip any ideas of an opposition comeback in the bud.

And use your substitutes, of course, to rest key players and give opportunities to squad players and promising youth.

@above... Very Fluid (after a while, they start hunting in packs)

Q. How do I make my WM(in a 4-1-4-1) or IF(in a 4-2-3-1 wide) stay narrower during attacking?
My CF(s) seems to be holding the ball but the two IF's are too far wide to be making a run in between the opponents FB and CB to recieve a pass from the CF.

Any help....

Have you tried giving the Inside Forward these instructions:

Sit Narrower; Get further forward; Shoot more often ?

That might result in him taking too many long shots from acute angles, but that position comes with a default instruction to Move into channels, so it should work.

Hi have problem in my tactic. What is best role and instructions for Mandzukic(old bayern JH, worker and good pass from head) and have problem with crosses from winbacks on mandzukic? SRy for my Bad ENglish

A couple of small questions:

- When developing a tactic, do you (and I'm aiming at the tactical masters here) play the same matches repeatedly tweaking the tactic to see how it plays out over the same opposition, or just keep playing the season until you feel you get it right?

- Is it possible to build a tactic where the wingers swap positions, and inter-change between Inside Forwards and Wingers. The only way I can think is to have two near identical tactics, and just switch between them in-game regularly.

Hi Folks,

Wondering which of my assistants would be best to ask about opposition players. Would the assistant need a higher tactics or tactical knowledge rating. I've been using my U21 manager who has a tactical knowledge rating of 18 (but he was meathead CB in real life, and we seem to pick up a lot of fouls using his instructions).

Small question;

In my current team, Ihave Cesar Azpilicueta & am scoring a few goals by sending my centre-backs up for his long throws. Is there a simple way I can change my set-piece setup so that the centre-backs stay back if Azpilicueta is not playing? Or would I have to change it each time based on my team selection?

Hi Folks,

Wondering which of my assistants would be best to ask about opposition players. Would the assistant need a higher tactics or tactical knowledge rating. I've been using my U21 manager who has a tactical knowledge rating of 18 (but he was meathead CB in real life, and we seem to pick up a lot of fouls using his instructions).

I'm pretty sure Tactical knowledge is the only stat that matters. I've always conceded way too many fouls & collected too many yellows when I've used assistant instructions though, I don't thinks it's just him

- When developing a tactic, do you (and I'm aiming at the tactical masters here) play the same matches repeatedly tweaking the tactic to see how it plays out over the same opposition, or just keep playing the season until you feel you get it right?

- Is it possible to build a tactic where the wingers swap positions, and inter-change between Inside Forwards and Wingers. The only way I can think is to have two near identical tactics, and just switch between them in-game regularly.

When I build my tactics I start with outlining exactly what I want from it. For example, I've lately been playing a lot with a hyper-aggressive, Gegenpressing-style tactic. I used Red Bull Salzburg, Dortmund and to an extent Barcelona '08 as my reference points. I knew that I'd have to have a high line, fast tempo, narrow shape yada-yada-yada.

With my basic tactic created I tend to give it a quarter season to settle in and gain fluidity before I start nit-picking. "I'm conceding too many goals from passes in behind my wingbacks, I should rein them in a little bit." "My centre-mid is neither making incisive passes nor retaining possession; I'll try to get him to play safer. We're impotent in attack now; more risky? That's the one, much better." etc etc.

Ultimately, however, there isn't a "right" which you can get with tactics, as it so often hinges on how your opposition play. Yes your tactic should allow you to impose your game on them but each team will throw up different challenges for you as a manager to deal with, and it is how you deal with these that determines how successful your tactic will be.

Set the new tactics at the beginning of pre-season and use your 8 to 10 match pre-season campaign as an opportunity to train your players up. Test it against easy and difficult opposition so you can see which areas work and which don't. But you'll have to watch the matches in Comprehensive, or at least Extended, highlights view to get any kind of useful information from it.

I've seen some tactics with preset opposition instructions so you don't have to do them every single game and I was just wondering how you do this?

Do you even use attacking/defending set pieces for match training?Is it important when?Throughout the season or in pre-season?
I stick to attacking movement and against difficult opponents i use defensive positioning.

Do you even use attacking/defending set pieces for match training?Is it important when?Throughout the season or in pre-season?
I stick to attacking movement and against difficult opponents i use defensive positioning.

Initially I used it some times when I thought maybe it would be a lasting improvement. Then match I trained attacking set pieces I never scored from set pieces and when I trained defending them I always conceded at least one goal from set pieces. Since then I avoid them except for specific times where I've been conceding the last two matches or I've not had a goal from set pieces in more than five matches at least.

I just follow the coach's advice in preparation for each opponent. Seems to work well - I've won plenty of trophies.

Let's say I manage a lower league team, with a budget around 5mi. If I sell a player for 3mi, my transfer budget goes up to something like 8mi.

If I save this extra 3mi instead of using it before the end of the season... Next season Will I get a budget around 8mi? Or I'll just lose the extra cash and begin next season with a lower budget (around the 5mi)?

This is not exactly a tactics question, but I think it's better asking it here than openning a new thread... Sorry if I'm wrong...

Let's say I manage a lower league team, with a budget around 5mi. If I sell a player for 3mi, my transfer budget goes up to something like 8mi.

If I save this extra 3mi instead of using it before the end of the season... Next season Will I get a budget around 8mi? Or I'll just lose the extra cash and begin next season with a lower budget (around the 5mi)?

This is not exactly a tactics question, but I think it's better asking it here than openning a new thread... Sorry if I'm wrong...

Think this depends on your teams finances. For a lower league club you might not get 100% of the transfer revenue anyway, so selling the player would put money back into the club as opposed to your transfer budget. I know I had a save in FM13 with Liverpool and I had about 20 mil of my TB remaining at the end of the season which wasn't added the following season, but I'm not sure this is always the case as I never wanted to risk it again!

Your transfer budget for the new season depends entirely on the financial state of the club and the successes you had as a manager the previous season. If your club is in a poor financial state, I highly doubt you'll see any of that extra 3 million, even though I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even get 100% of the transfer revenue, because you are a lower league team.

hello i want to please (very much) can someone send me on priv working(14.3)tiki taka tactic ?