The " I have a small question" thread FM14

do i need to put player instrucion or is it fine to just do the team instruction, bit of a noob here

Hi i was just wondering as to why a Winger, whether he is set to attack or support, doesnt have the "Cut inside with ball" instruction available? Why can we not decide if we would rather our players cut in or hug the touchline? I know there are PPM's but still i would of thought you would have the choice to choose the basis of your attacking play in your tactic?

Hi i was just wondering as to why a Winger, whether he is set to attack or support, doesnt have the "Cut inside with ball" instruction available? Why can we not decide if we would rather our players cut in or hug the touchline? I know there are PPM's but still i would of thought you would have the choice to choose the basis of your attacking play in your tactic?

Because that's controlled by if you set him as a winger or an inside forward. A winger who cuts inside is an inside forward; an inside forward who stays wide is a winger. As such, giving the player the option to change that is rather redundant.

Quick (dumb) question.

If I have a player, for example, a striker with the "moves into channels" PPM, does that render the moves into channels option in his player setup redundant as he already does that naturally? Or should I still tick it if I want him to do that?

Is it possible to get players to change positions without having to do it manually in-game? Aguero and Negredo often do it IRL, sometimes you'll see Aguero dropping deep and helping move on play while Negredo runs in behind and vice versa. I want to replicate that by getting the pair swapping between advanced forward to deep-lying forward.

Quick (dumb) question.

If I have a player, for example, a striker with the "moves into channels" PPM, does that render the moves into channels option in his player setup redundant as he already does that naturally? Or should I still tick it if I want him to do that?

I believe you should definately tick the option. Otherwise the player might think that you don't want him to move into channels and become confused. Not sure though if the game takes my way of thinking into account but hope so. ^^)

What kind of striker would work best as a lone striker in a 4231?

He'd have an IF(A) - AP(S) - W(A) set up behind him.

Going to buy a new striker in January as my current one is absolutely awful

What kind of striker would work best as a lone striker in a 4231?

He'd have an IF(A) - AP(S) - W(A) set up behind him.

Going to buy a new striker in January as my current one is absolutely awful

I've always had the most luck with a DLF when using inside forwards, I'd go with that or an AF.

I've always had the most luck with a DLF when using inside forwards, I'd go with that or an AF.
I have one inside forward and a winger. I'd go with a DLF(s) but that might cause problems with the AP at AMC? I was thinking either Poacher or AF.

I have one inside forward and a winger. I'd go with a DLF(s) but that might cause problems with the AP at AMC? I was thinking either Poacher or AF.
Can't say I've had any issues playing one with a DLF, I'd go with the AF then if you'd feel more comfortable with it.

I have a striker-less tactic, with main threat is the AMC Shadow Striker and MC Deep lying playmaker, how can I force the AML/AMR to cross or pass the ball back to the MC, while he's in very clear position in front of the box?

One more question, which one between Inside forward/Advanced playmaker/Defensive winger guide the wingers to look for pass instead of shoot? I saw a lot of chance wasted when the wingers try to shot while my Shadow Striker is in very good position, and this is really annoy.

Can't say I've had any issues playing one with a DLF, I'd go with the AF then if you'd feel more comfortable with it.
I tried AF for over half a season and they had little to no effect on my game(as far as I could see)
May have to try CF(Attack) again

Hey everyone, need a bit of help with crossing: So, i've been trying to use my WB to go help out in attack and as soon as posible take a cross to the area. the thing is, they aren't doing it.

i've choosen instructions:

--> run wide with ball
--> Cross more often
-->cross from byline
--> cross aim far post

Anyone else having this problem?

And just in case, been using marcelo from Real Madrid in this position

Last edited:
Hi, I have problem with instructions Offensive Wings. I'am playing 4-2-3-1 with Inside Forward Wings and I whant those players cut inside and shoot from distance. In IF instructions there's no such option, but i can find it in Wide Target Man. Should I change it? Have smb play in this type of cuting IF and have good results? What instructions are possible best for IF or WTM? And last question, if some of instructions are grey, player will do or won't do this?

Hi, I have problem with instructions Offensive Wings. I'am playing 4-2-3-1 with Inside Forward Wings and I whant those players cut inside and shoot from distance. In IF instructions there's no such option, but i can find it in Wide Target Man. Should I change it? Have smb play in this type of cuting IF and have good results? What instructions are possible best for IF or WTM? And last question, if some of instructions are grey, player will do or won't do this?

You can't tell him to cut inside because that comes with being inside forward. If he didn't cut inside he'd be a winger. A wide target man, however, isn't defined by either wide play hence you can choose.

That answers the last question: it depends on what is his role. It may be greyed out because it's an integral part of his role, and hence something he will do, or it is greyed out because it is an instruction that goes against the nature of the role, in which case he won't do it.

Noob question, don't wanna start a thread for this.

How do we see how many goals conceded from corners in FM 14?

Didn't really want to make a thread about this but playing as Barca & trying to play the way they do irl. One of the problems I've come across is they shoot from stupid angles etc & I've got player instructions to shoot less, so they will try and cut it back but doesn't seem to work.. any ideas how to get them pass more than shoot? Without teaching them as a preferred move. Second question is more a defensive one
icon_smile.gif
I have plenty of shots but they will have at max 2-3 shots but score at least 1 or 2,Am I being really unlucky with that or can I cut it out ?
Any feedback appreciated