The " I have a small question" thread FM14

Is it possible to get my GK to distribute/pass the ball to a designated defender without kicking the ball up to the striker? I've done the settings for my sweeper keeper but it just doesn't work.

as far as i can tell, its useless, the GK kicks the ball wherever he likes.

A little tricky one .
Dortmund save, i want to keep 4 DC out of those 5:
subotic , hummels , papastathopoulos, umtiti , Balanta . ( playing cover , stopper defense).
Who to sell ?
Or maybe keep them all and use papa on RB position/and cover if needed for DC?

Anyone?

Just wondering if a lot of people change their tactic toward the end of games. I never had to do this in the old FM's but I feel like in this one the AI is a lot better. How do most of you fm geniuses handle this?

What kind of striker would be best suited in front of two Inside Forward(somestimes support, sometimes attack)?

Seems that A1 scoring a lot of goals form corners. Is this a bug or do anybody have a good defensive set pieces setup for this?

If i buy football manager 2014 on disc and download it on to steam will i only be able to play it on that one computer? What is the best tactic for this football manager cheers

Q: Is there and option to make your players keep the ball on the ground, meaning to stop using so much high balls?

I want to make my left forward get back for ball and pass through ball to left winger which took his previous position. I saw this tactic in 'Combination Play' in PES 2014 and I want make the same in FM. The second option is make those two players play combination game(fast, short passes) with each other. Any ideas?

can someone please link me to the "how to export Tactic" thread?

I'm having an issue with my fullbacks; even with "fewer risky passes" and "shorter passing," they still knock the ball all the way up the pitch. I'm playing a 4-1-2-1-2, the fullbacks are set to either WB/S or WB/A & FB/S depending on which version of the tactic I use. They have center back and DM passing options. I also have a holding midfielder and a box to box, neither of whom seem to show for the ball in a way that's helpful (apparently) Has anyone else had this issue?

Can somebody help me? If i started a save before the new patch are my tactics still ruined?? Because they are ruined if i start a new game.

Hi, My tactic was fluid but in half season my tactic is not fluid, I bought 3 new playes in winter window, it becausue i bought new player or no? In older FM versions i dont have this problem? ty and sry for my english;d

Last edited:
Can somebody help me? If i started a save before the new patch are my tactics still ruined?? Because they are ruined if i start a new game.

Yes

How do i upload a tactic??

where do you want to upload to?

Hi, My tactic was fluid but in half season my tactic is not fluid, I bought 3 new playes in winter window, it becausue i bought new player or no? In older FM versions i dont have this problem? ty and sry for my english;d

post a screenshot of your current team training

Have set-pieces become overpowered in FM14 or am I doing something wrong? I've hardly changed anything from previous set-piece tactics from previous FM games, but I'm conceding nearly all of my goals from a set-piece. I have to say that my tactic isn't 100% learned yet, but this is getting ridiculous. I play with Liverpool so I usually have 3 CB on the pitch which means more aerial power than normally. I have conceded 10 goals in 5 league games and 9 of them are from a set-piece. i don't concede more than normal amount of set-pieces and free kicks that produce a goal against me have all been crosses not direct shots. Teams that have scored against me have been Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, City and Sunderland. so no OP aerial players really.
Corners: I have CB:s marking tall players, midfielders without AM marking man, AM and wings going back, Fullbacks marking posts and one player staying forward (mostly my ST).
Free kicks: I have 6 best players Man marking and 4 players forming wall (often at least one is tall)
Also I'm never scoring from set-pieces. 0 goals from much more set-piece chances than opponents. Only game I had less set-pieces was away match against City. City scored all of their goals from a set-piece and had 0 CCC or half chance from open play. It's not easy to win them though when every **** Free kick or corner goes in. Hardly a ''small question'', but I hope the answer is more simple one for this. Thanks in advance.

Have set-pieces become overpowered in FM14 or am I doing something wrong? I've hardly changed anything from previous set-piece tactics from previous FM games, but I'm conceding nearly all of my goals from a set-piece. I have to say that my tactic isn't 100% learned yet, but this is getting ridiculous. I play with Liverpool so I usually have 3 CB on the pitch which means more aerial power than normally. I have conceded 10 goals in 5 league games and 9 of them are from a set-piece. i don't concede more than normal amount of set-pieces and free kicks that produce a goal against me have all been crosses not direct shots. Teams that have scored against me have been Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, City and Sunderland. so no OP aerial players really.
Corners: I have CB:s marking tall players, midfielders without AM marking man, AM and wings going back, Fullbacks marking posts and one player staying forward (mostly my ST).
Free kicks: I have 6 best players Man marking and 4 players forming wall (often at least one is tall)
Also I'm never scoring from set-pieces. 0 goals from much more set-piece chances than opponents. Only game I had less set-pieces was away match against City. City scored all of their goals from a set-piece and had 0 CCC or half chance from open play. It's not easy to win them though when every **** Free kick or corner goes in. Hardly a ''small question'', but I hope the answer is more simple one for this. Thanks in advance.

some great threads on here about setting up your set-pieces you should check them out. Will for sure help you.