The " I have a small question" thread FM14

why my both CD(d) closing down opp wingers while my WB mark him ? They always do that and then leaving free space inside area ?
no opp instruction on wingers...

Is it just me or does tactics this year have a max uses value set before it becomes useless? I have 3 amazing tactics loaded, one wich won me the league last season and two others wich I have had amazing results with. But after using the tactics for about 10 games and the team has learned how to play it. Well then it suddenly becomes next to useless and all teams seem to be able to counter it. I find I get better results just downloading popular tactics, using them for 10 games then loading up another. Whats the point of training something that will end up being countered?

I have a question about training a player. It is about Will Hughes. I saw some screenshots with his long shot rating at 17 or 18 so my question is how to get that. I mean should i just put him the specific focus on long shots an let him develop? I ask that becuase I fear that other attributes will not develop as good as if he would be on a deep lying playmaker trainig regime and I would not prefer to sacrifice all other attributes just for long shots. Thanks in advance and sorry if my English is not so good. :D

I have a question about training a player. It is about Will Hughes. I saw some screenshots with his long shot rating at 17 or 18 so my question is how to get that. I mean should i just put him the specific focus on long shots an let him develop? I ask that becuase I fear that other attributes will not develop as good as if he would be on a deep lying playmaker trainig regime and I would not prefer to sacrifice all other attributes just for long shots. Thanks in advance and sorry if my English is not so good. :D

I think you answered your own question bro. (H)

Is it just me or does tactics this year have a max uses value set before it becomes useless? I have 3 amazing tactics loaded, one wich won me the league last season and two others wich I have had amazing results with. But after using the tactics for about 10 games and the team has learned how to play it. Well then it suddenly becomes next to useless and all teams seem to be able to counter it. I find I get better results just downloading popular tactics, using them for 10 games then loading up another. Whats the point of training something that will end up being countered?

There's a lot of variables that play into it... how is team morale? Team Cohesion? Are the tactics fully fluid? Also depends on the type of player's you have. Do they have high determination? high teamwork/workrate? Decisions, off the ball? ..of course if you're playing weaker teams don't expect them to "leave the back door open" and the "driveway empty". You might have to make some in-game adjustments.

why my both CD(d) closing down opp wingers while my WB mark him ? They always do that and then leaving free space inside area ?
no opp instruction on wingers...

do you mean your central defenders are closing down opp wingers?

How can i injure the opponents players? I'm getting players with high aggression and telling them to get stuck in aswell as setting tackling to hard on every player. I don't think I severely injure enough players though.

I just want to tell my players to go out there and f#cking have them!

does the same tactic work for years on end? Or do you have to change your tactic every season, or every other season?

How can i injure the opponents players? I'm getting players with high aggression and telling them to get stuck in aswell as setting tackling to hard on every player. I don't think I severely injure enough players though.

I just want to tell my players to go out there and f#cking have them!

Haha, ****! You want to sign Joey Barton - then tell him to take it slow. Otherwise he will actually end up injuring your own players as well.

does the same tactic work for years on end? Or do you have to change your tactic every season, or every other season?

My personal experience says, that a good tactic works for about two seasons. After that the AI learns how to play you. I had a multiplayer game with Man U/Tottenham/Arsenal (just for the fun of it). After beating everything for two seasons with a controlling false-9 (lots of deep run) tactics, i suddenly started losing every game. I managed to stay in the job after a run of 12 games without victory. I should definitely have picked a different tactic for the third season - to avoid doing a "Barcelona". Alternatively you can switch between two tactics to make your opponents less sure which team they are meeting.
However, do not pick between different tactics too much.

Ive had the same tactic for 3 season and i win the league easily

I have a small question about tutoring. Does either of the options help increase a player's creativity? I have a regen in the AM role with 8 creativity, if I get him tutored by somebody with 16 creativity, will this increase his, or is the only attribute it'll effect determination?

I have a small question about tutoring. Does either of the options help increase a player's creativity? I have a regen in the AM role with 8 creativity, if I get him tutored by somebody with 16 creativity, will this increase his, or is the only attribute it'll effect determination?

Think it affects all mental stats mate and prefered moves.

Hi, i have got this game from steam and put the tactic in the tactics bit of the game, but its not showing in the game, any idea why?

Why is it that when I add in instructions for specific players in a certain position, they apply for every tactic I am training?
I don't want to do this, I have one tactic with wingers who swap, so I want players to change to become inside forwards. But then in another tactic, these instructions are still being applied when I don't want them. Is this a bug? Surely the player specific instructions should be able to be applied to only one tactic?