The "I have a small question" thread

First team and U21 team share the same coach setup. For the U18 team, first click on the U18 on the side menu, then choose Training up top and Coaches from the drop-down menu.

Thanks! Why do U21 coaches show up in the senior team training though?

Thanks! Why do U21 coaches show up in the senior team training though?

"The 'Sack Agent' function is only available when a player wants some sort of contract based conversation or the agent himself approaches you for an improved deal for his client."

Eliot King, SI Testing Team

I'm not Eliot - quote from him.

See neither the end of the season should i change training down a level to maybe stop the team from running out of puff nearer the end? Like from high to average?

How does studying for a coaching badge work? Will I have to be away from my team? Or is it just click the button and wait for it to be done?

Also, will there be/is there an FM BASE 50 mil challenge to download yet?

How does studying for a coaching badge work? Will I have to be away from my team? Or is it just click the button and wait for it to be done?

You will be away, but how that is simulated is that your star rating in training will be reduced. That's all really. The rest is just to wait..

Is there a way to check the finances of a club i am not managing?

Had a quick look before i came to work & could only find a description such as secure etc.
Have been offered another job but would like to know if the side is any more financially sound then the one i am already at. It is probably right under my nose but i cant see it.

Thanks in advance. :)

"The 'Sack Agent' function is only available when a player wants some sort of contract based conversation or the agent himself approaches you for an improved deal for his client."

Has anyone tried this enough times to know how likely you are to succeed, or what factors might contribute to its success?

Could someone tell me what the default subscription setting is for the league you're currently managing in? I played around with it, and my inbox ended up getting flooded, but don't wanna blindly play around with it further in case I untick something important.

Also, any suggestion on what to subscribe to (if any) in the country you're managing? I accepted the Netherlands' U-19 job (just because it's UEFA U-19 year), and accepted my assistant's ensuing subscription suggestion, under the incorrect assumption that s/he wasn't a complete moron. There were so many things I just unsubscribed to everything and started over.

Edit: Never mind, my brain decided to start working and I realized I could just add another manager and see which subscriptions are enabled by default in the league he's in

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions regarding International management:

1) When your Assistant Manager suggests a potential squad to you, will he pick from all players of that nationality or just players in the National Pool?

2) Do you have to physically add players to the national pool (i.e young potential players) or does that get done automatically?

In the "match report" screen, after a game, is the side you are managing always listed to the left?

Just had it pointed out to me in my story, makes it look as though i am always playing at home, was wondering if this is always the case?

Wondering if someone could shed some light on Manager stats.

Ive created a new save and I'm now in my 3rd season. I started unemployed, I am currently the Manager of Berwick Rangers and got them Promoted to Scottish League 1. How does the stats work?

Ive tried to take the coaching courses but the board just keep saying they need me in training, even when the season is over and players are on vacation.

Cheers.

How on earth do I train someone a new preferred move? Can't work it out :(

How on earth do I train someone a new preferred move? Can't work it out :(
I'm surprised you can't find it! :)

Either the individual player's profile-->Development-->Training screen or the Training (side bar)-->Individual screen and select it on the right.

I'm surprised you can't find it! :)

Either the individual player's profile-->Development-->Training screen or the Training (side bar)-->Individual screen and select it on the right.

That's embarrassing cause that's so easy to find haha, cheers mate! :)