The "I have a small question" thread

Yes there is.

but you can open it with notepad.

I have no idea where my brain cells were 20 minutes ago, but I just opened it up again, and just wrote it in. I don't have a clue what I was thinking. Sorry for wasting your time.

And as for the no graphics forum, I meant in relation to FM15. Thought I'd have more chance of receiving a reply if I asked here rather than the FM14 graphics forum. If there is a FM15 graphics forum then don't waste your time replying to me.

Last edited:
I have no idea where my brain cells were 20 minutes ago, but I just opened it up again, and just wrote it in. I don't have a clue what I was thinking. Sorry for wasting your time.

No worries mate. We all have a brain freeze now and then.. The amount of times i've forgot stuff while customizing skins could fill pages and pages.

Training:

Started off doing my own training, a regime a friend of mine gave me for FM14.
Was obvious early on that this wasn't going well...

Most of the players were unhappy with the overall training.
Most of the players were unhappy with the lack of fitness training.
Most players were unhappy with the level of attention they were getting in each area like strikers unhappy at lack of attacking coaching and defenders with the defence and midfield with the ball control.

With 80% of the team unhappy with training I got the assistant to take control. Most of the team are now happy with overall training and are no longer complaining about fitness.

But they all still feel like they are not getting the attention they should in each area defending, ball control and attacking.

Is this something anyone else has seen? Anyone got a good regime for training that will keep everyone happy?

I'm in July 2015 now with FC Porto, but I have no transfer budget. I've sold players for £74m, and are £250k under my wage budget. I can neither ask for more money or change my budgets and the club has no debt either. Any ideas why?

How do I go about changing the coaches for my Under 21's and Under 18's teams? Training>Coaches only shows me the senior team coaching....

*You have to click on the U21's in the sidebar, then training in the top toolbar, then coaches.

Last edited:
Is this something anyone else has seen? Anyone got a good regime for training that will keep everyone happy?

I just get the best coaches I can, try to get 5 stars in as many categories as possible, and the rest at 4.5 stars. Then I get the workload down to average, or even light if possible. As far as individual training goes, I train the players in the attributes I feel they need to improve in order to do the job I want them to do. It's not really rocket science. Only a couple u18 players are unhappy about the training, and they'll never become top players anyway.

Is it midnight the new game is officially available and if so, will there be a conversion update for BETA users at that exact time too, so we can download the editor and access the Steam workshop?

So when I play FM, I try to keep it as real as possible (not hardcore vanilla, but like basically no "cheating") As such, I became coach of Philadelphia Union. It's been a year and Bruce Arena retired, so I'm applying for the LA Galaxy position. I know I'll get the position, so I'm torn between trading a few of my players over so I have them once I'm hired. It feels like cheating (I've got Gyasi Zardes, Toni Vastic, and Diego Goncalves, all of whom were great with PU) but I really would love to have them over at LA. And you know, the MLS transfer system makes it ridiculously difficult to get certain players. So what would you do? Would you trade them over or nah?

So when I play FM, I try to keep it as real as possible (not hardcore vanilla, but like basically no "cheating") As such, I became coach of Philadelphia Union. It's been a year and Bruce Arena retired, so I'm applying for the LA Galaxy position. I know I'll get the position, so I'm torn between trading a few of my players over so I have them once I'm hired. It feels like cheating (I've got Gyasi Zardes, Toni Vastic, and Diego Goncalves, all of whom were great with PU) but I really would love to have them over at LA. And you know, the MLS transfer system makes it ridiculously difficult to get certain players. So what would you do? Would you trade them over or nah?

Let me get this right...

You want to add a manager, so you're in charge of both, to get the players you want for free?

Let's me get this right...

You want to add a manager, so you're in charge of both, to get the players you want for free?

Oh no that's not what I meant. I'm playing as one manager, but I'm applying for the job at LA Galaxy. I was basically wondering what others opinions were on trading players to a team you know you'll get the job at. My thoughts on it is that it's just a game so really it doesn't matter but we still take the game very seriously so yeah XD

Oh no that's not what I meant. I'm playing as one manager, but I'm applying for the job at LA Galaxy. I was basically wondering what others opinions were on trading players to a team you know you'll get the job at. My thoughts on it is that it's just a game so really it doesn't matter but we still take the game very seriously so yeah XD

That's pretty smart, actually. I'm gonna take note of this method. (H)

It's just the same as joining Galaxy and signing them, but backwards.
Fans will get ****** off in real life, but it's just a game and being blunt isn't going to effect you the way it would a real manager. You see it in real life with managers moving clubs and coming back to sign a certain player, Guardiola with Thiago, David Moyes and Fellaini for example. It's perfectly normal.

That's pretty smart, actually. I'm gonna take note of this method. (H)

It's just the same as joining Galaxy and signing them, but backwards.
Fans will get ****** off in real life, but it's just a game and being blunt isn't going to effect you the way it would a real manager. You see it in real life with managers moving clubs and coming back to sign a certain player, Guardiola with Thiago, David Moyes and Fellaini for example. It's perfectly normal.

Hahaha, I'm glad to have given you another method!

The thing I that irks me is how the MLS transfer system is. Like it's hard to attract players from other clubs because of what you can trade, especially since you can only trade up to $300,000 in allocation funds, which can't even be increased by reducing payroll. So this method just makes life easier

How do I set a nickname for myself once in game? Never understood they make you have a First name and surname.

This may have been asked, I'm not sure. Has anyone else been getting a ridiculous amount of early sackings in their games. Not of you as the player, but across other leagues? For example Kenny Jackett was sacked at Wolves boss, took over at Fulham and was sacked after 3 games (admittedly losses). I counted 8 Conference sackings before September and at least 4 in every other league up. Are chairmen just more ruthless in this edition or could it be a bug?

While I haven't been paying extensive attention to it, I do notice that there are quite a few job openings across my game. I'll take more note of this and see what's up.

Has anyone been able to sign into Twitter through FM? Because I haven't. >.>

I wanted to use "Allow wide players to swap" instruction in my 4-2-3-1 setup and i couldnt find it in my Instruction. Am I missing something ?

I wanted to use "Allow wide players to swap" instruction in my 4-2-3-1 setup and i couldnt find it in my Instruction. Am I missing something ?

in the Player instructions at the top,