Really, really struggling to find a tactic which works for lower league teams... I'm attempting the unemployment challenge and I've just taken charge of Darlington who are languishing in the BSP, I can't turn them around at all and it's a massive struggle

I just started an FM 12 game with Southampton and I can only name five subs. Am I missing something g?

yeah new rules in championship as of start of this season can only name 5 but only 3 can play so that should answer your question

I have just started a save with Villarreal and after reviewing the squad I have come up with this tactic:

View attachment 210813

What are your guys thought on this tactic? Is there any improvements I can make?

I have not done anything as of yet in the advanced section, I wanted to get some feedback

Is that sarcasm? Or if you're being serious should I switch Guzman to AP with Attack duty?

If a player is left footed, it's better to take left corner kicks for him or right? Can't figure this out lol

Also, can someone explain drill and float crosses? What's the difference between those two.

Thanks

Last edited:
If a player is left footed, it's better to take left corner kicks for him or right? Can't figure this out lol

Also, can someone explain drill and float crosses? What's the difference between those two.

Thanks

Left footers should take right corners, they play an inswinging corner and if you have it chanelled to the near post then it creates havoc in their defence. Drill crosses are often low to the near post, float are high and to the far post.

I just saw the old FM 2011 funny screenshot thread, there's a tactic with more than 11 players (still 11 in match tho), how to get it? I wanna study it

What's the best training schedule, or atleast with the best results?

2 small questions,

What's the difference between a professional and semi professional club etc.

and what happens when somebody has a parttime contract

2 small questions,

What's the difference between a professional and semi professional club etc.

and what happens when somebody has a parttime contract

1 - In-game it is simple. All players and staff will be on part-time contracts. This means less time training, but good for finances.

2 - Part-time contracts will mean the player isn't at your club 7 days a week, so will not train as much with the club.

Quite honestly, i just want to know how u decide on the mentality of the tactic?
I know for big teams (manu, chelsea, arsenal etc) u go attacking, but what about a mid-table team?

I ask because i keep thinking: they should be attacking against other mid-table teams but do i change their mentality against big teams?

which brings me to another question, if your managing manchester united, and u come up against a fellow "big team" do u change ur mentality or simply try and impose your game plan on them??

I'm wondering if I should use man marking or zonal marking. I play a 4-2-4 and I want my forwards to mark the centre backs tightly so they can't play the ball. I also want my wingers to mark the fullbacks, so is man marking or zonal marking better with tight marking ticked and which is better for my own defence?

I've got 3 assistant managers, is there a way to appoint one '' head assistant manager'' because now person A is doing all the team talks, press conferences etc. but i want person B to do it.

Does anyone know how people get these arrows on the tactics screen?View attachment 211182
1) it gotta be a classic tactic (convert to classic)2) After that, you can right click on player and keeping the right click pressed, move down or up and leave it, and an arrrow will show up.3) You can go to Player Instructions, and change one of the slides (Run from... ) to Often (?)

One small question, do you get sacked if you don't win the league if you promised you will? I am playing as Arsenal and i will probably be third since Chesea and City are just disgusting. In 20 games Chesea drew just once and won everything else and City drew twice. So will i get sacked in the end cus i promised the title to get more transfer money?

Anyone attempted to use three defenders in the PL? I'm tempted to give it a crack but believe it could be disastrous?