I have a small question...
When i use a target man with passes delivered to foot, if i also select the crosses from my player to aim for target man, would the crosses come in to his feet or not?

Small question. How do I get my midfields to play the killer through balls to my attack from deep. I have them set to run less through balls more and cross from deep.

Another question. how can I get my players to stop playing the ball off the oposition. time and again they either get to the byline or the touch line and then instead of a simple pass they try to play it off the oposition.

A Player with a high Teamwork,passing(15-20) attributes always tries Killer balls in the game even without "Tries Killer Balls Often" PPM example Steven Defour and Jack Collision (after deleting "Plays short and simple passes" PPM on defour,Thorough Balls slider set to maximum in Player instructions)..... What attributes actually influence the number of times a player tries killer balls ?...Because Killer balls won me many games even with average strikers upfront.

I have a small question...
When i use a target man with passes delivered to foot, if i also select the crosses from my player to aim for target man, would the crosses come in to his feet or not?

Not everytime ....It also depends on the crossing and decisions attributes of the crosser...I guess

Another small question......DoTeam instructions override Player instructions?

Last edited:
One small question, do you get sacked if you don't win the league if you promised you will? I am playing as Arsenal and i will probably be third since Chesea and City are just disgusting. In 20 games Chesea drew just once and won everything else and City drew twice. So will i get sacked in the end cus i promised the title to get more transfer money?
Check your Job Security....It also depends upon other factors Transfers,Club stature,Wages,etc.....You will not be sacked...I guess

Is there a way to make players pass the ball when they are 2v1 against the goalkeeper. Every counter-attack my striker just takes a shot on, instead of a pass.

To 'sweat' in other way. :p

Try teaching LOOK FOR A PASS RATHER THAN ATTEMPTING TO SCORE PPM.....However your striker must have good Team Work attribute.

Hey guys,

have a basic question I guess. I'm managing Ingolstadt for the last 6 seasons, and I've got promoted to 1st Bundesliga 3 seasons ago (Ingolstadt was predicted to drop from 2nd league at the beginning, so 1st bundesliga is a quite good achievment).

And now as you all can imagine, I'm having huge problems :) Dortumd, Bayern are kicking my *** very hard ! :) But I changed my tactic from JPs german style, to Might and Magic from Raikan, and It worked perfectly for almost 1/4 of the season, than 9 matches lost, than I tried to play with Kofloks Gallore tactic and again, it was quite good for 3-4 matches and again it crushed. But Kofloks tactic is not really an option now (my wingers are not inside forwards), so I came back to Might and Magic, and ... well it's not very bad, but it's also not very good :)

//edit: Yeah, would be nice to actually ask a question, not only tell the story. What can I do to keep the form from the beginning? What tips and tricks do You have when playing a lower rated team agains the big ones, and the small ones? The thing is I can loose with Frankfurt (bundesliga tail) playing home, and win Bayern away.

The thing is, can you help me out basing on this info above, or you need to some more details? It's my first FM ever, and I guess there will be some easy thing to do.

Last edited:
A Player with a high Teamwork,passing(15-20) attributes always tries Killer balls in the game even without "Tries Killer Balls Often" PPM example Steven Defour and Jack Collision (after deleting "Plays short and simple passes" PPM on defour,Thorough Balls slider set to maximum in Player instructions)..... What attributes actually influence the number of times a player tries killer balls ?...Because Killer balls won me many games even with average strikers upfront.

Ppms
His Creativity ( the higher, the more openings he sees)
His tactical tendency settings ( not only t-balls set to often but also run with ball set to rarely)
His mentality ( the higher, the more willing to use an attacking option, a t-ball)
The amount of players infront of him
The Time wasting

Now, these are the factors that decides how often he tries to make one, not how often he will make one or if being succesfull in doing so.

Another small question......DoTeam instructions override Player instructions?

No, a tweaked player instruction is dominant the team instruction ( these only exists in the classic mode though).

Last edited:
Hey guys,

have a basic question I guess. I'm managing Ingolstadt for the last 6 seasons, and I've got promoted to 1st Bundesliga 3 seasons ago (Ingolstadt was predicted to drop from 2nd league at the beginning, so 1st bundesliga is a quite good achievment).

And now as you all can imagine, I'm having huge problems :) Dortumd, Bayern are kicking my *** very hard ! :) But I changed my tactic from JPs german style, to Might and Magic from Raikan, and It worked perfectly for almost 1/4 of the season, than 9 matches lost, than I tried to play with Kofloks Gallore tactic and again, it was quite good for 3-4 matches and again it crushed. But Kofloks tactic is not really an option now (my wingers are not inside forwards), so I came back to Might and Magic, and ... well it's not very bad, but it's also not very good :)

//edit: Yeah, would be nice to actually ask a question, not only tell the story. What can I do to keep the form from the beginning? What tips and tricks do You have when playing a lower rated team agains the big ones, and the small ones? The thing is I can loose with Frankfurt (bundesliga tail) playing home, and win Bayern away.

The thing is, can you help me out basing on this info above, or you need to some more details? It's my first FM ever, and I guess there will be some easy thing to do.

Hey. I would strongly recommend selecting one of the tactics you have already used, and just stick with it. I would personally suggest goals galore, it doesn't matter too much if they are not inside forwards. Yes try and select players with high finishing attributes, but don't worry too much about that. If you have any star players, play them in the most effective roles, Striker and right centre midfield if you can.
Hope that helps!

I'm thinking. What's should be the best?

with
RVP= Complete forward
Walcott & Gervinho = Inside forwards
Ramsey = Advanced playmaker
Arteta = Deep-lying playmaker
Song = Anchorman

---------------RVP
Walcott--Ramsey---Gervinho
--------------------------------------
----------Arteta--Song
with wingbacks behind them

or

---------------RVP
Walcott-----------Gervinho
--------------Ramsey------------
----------Arteta--Song

or

---------------RVP
Walcott--Ramsey--Gervinho
------------ -Arteta
---------------Song

or

---------------RVP
Walcott-----------Gervinho
--------Ramsey-Arteta------
---------------Song

What should I choose and should I keep the deep-lying playmaker role in combination with the Advanced playmaker role and the Anchorman and with keeping in mind that my defense has WINGBACKS and no fullbacks? I play a short passing game with a slow tempo. What should give the most goals but stays a good defensive formation?

Hey. I would strongly recommend selecting one of the tactics you have already used, and just stick with it. I would personally suggest goals galore, it doesn't matter too much if they are not inside forwards. Yes try and select players with high finishing attributes, but don't worry too much about that. If you have any star players, play them in the most effective roles, Striker and right centre midfield if you can.
Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks DAniel. I think I have also spotted a 2nd issue. I have a really young players, on crusial (I have no Idea how is that written - sorry for my english) positions.

I don't really have star players. I think I'll give "Il devasto" (satorox) a shot. It's not that they are getting bad playing JP's german style or Might and MAgic of Raikan - they suck donkey *** :) I mean my team, not the tactics. They drivin me crazy sometimes (thang god I'm living in Amsterdam. It's a peaceful place, well... peace is available at every cofeeshop :) Anyway, I will let my stars grow, I hope I won't drop off the league.

My players and last results.

Is there a way ingame ( or with fmrte) to cancel a possible takeover of your club?

How important is having a squad with similar personaility?

Also has anyone noticed that defenders score a lot of goals in this version despite having poor finnishing? I have a defender on 16 goals he's decent in the air but he shouldn't be scoring that much from corners.

How does the Skybet chances work?

For example:

I have to play against Hertha BSC next match,

*My team* 5-4,
Draw: 11-5
*Their team*: 7-4

What does that all exactly means?

Cant Download tactics, etc

Please help!! I had no problem downloading from FM2011, however am now using a different laptop, and cant download for FM2012!! do i need anything different to do this? The tactics cant be found :-:)@

How does the Skybet chances work?

For example:

I have to play against Hertha BSC next match,

*My team* 5-4,
Draw: 11-5
*Their team*: 7-4

What does that all exactly means?

Its just the odds if one where able to place à bet. 5/4 is 1.25* stake in WON money, or 2.25* stake if counting the actuall return.So if having à low odds , like 1/2, you are considered à favourite over à team having 3/1.

Last edited: