Okay thank you, and do you know a way trough FMRTE or in game to prevent a takeover?

Okay thank you, and do you know a way trough FMRTE or in game to prevent a takeover?

No idea, I never use cheating tools. Why dont you download it and have à look.( ingame its obviously not possible)

Last edited:
Which setting is it that makes defensive wingers drop back into the wing back/full back position?

I want to get my wingers to come back to defend and also to drop deep to receive the ball (without training new PPM's) and I'm also interested in what makes the position work.

On the top of my head defensive winger. Not sure if wingers can be trained to drop deae to get the ball, or even if it they should. Usually if a CB gets the ball he will pass it to full back if he wants to pass it wide. by then wingers should be in a farward position, dragging defenders with them creating space for others. If a winger drop deep he will be in top of his FB and theres less targets for him to pass to, plus theres less space for your farward. Can't see the merit in this.

Last edited:
On the top of my head defensive winger. Not sure if wingers can be trained to drop deae to get the ball, or even if it they should. Usually if a CB gets the ball he will pass it to full back if he wants to pass it wide. by then wingers should be in a farward position, dragging defenders with them creating space for others. If a winger drop deep he will be in top of his FB and theres less targets for him to pass to, plus theres less space for your farward. Can't see the merit in this.
I'm trying to create a 4-6-0 and I was thinking of a way to a create a very solid defence in a formation that controls possession.I just want to see if it would work. :)I want the winger to drop back to find space and possibly drag the opponents out of position. Also, having the Full Back overlap and then having the winger drift forward into the space he'd created, could still work well if I'm using a slower tempo (that was my idea anyway).

Last edited:
hello betterhalf, in your 442 counter the clocks tactic players duties and roles are not seemed, would you like to write those duties and roles, thanks

How to control Messi and Ronaldo

So I am up against a team who have both Ronaldo and Messi in their ranks. I want to know what's the best way to control them. I'm playing in FM2011 and my team is Inter. My back line is look like this : Maicon - Hummels - Samuel - Zanetti. I play fluid 4-3-3. Ronaldo and Messi are both wingers.

I would recommend to use them both as inside forwards, and then set Messi more to trough passes/crosses etc. and Ronaldo more as the one who cuts inside and shoots.

I would recommend to use them both as inside forwards, and then set Messi more to trough passes/crosses etc. and Ronaldo more as the one who cuts inside and shoots.

You totally misunderstood me. Messi and Ronaldo are not in my squad. They are in another team which I have to play against them next and I want to mark them out of the game.

I have some questions regarding fullback. FM12 is my first football manager game, and its going swimmingly! With Spurs I got 3rd in EPL, Won Europa League, 5th rd. FA cup (stupid Chelsea beat me in a replay), and CC Quarters (Swansea is one of my bogey teams, them and City ... :()

First season I played counterattacking 4-4-1-1 with fairly conventional wingers and Adebayor at poacher. Over the summer I overhauled the team (my only first team season 1 signing was Vrsjalko) and now have Tevez, Munain, and Defoe as my strike force.

So I've switched to a hard pressing 4-5-1 to shore up the defence and better control games. However, I'm struggling to get my attacking fullbacks into games going forwards. My wingers never pass to them on the overlap, if they do cross it's almost always from deep (though deadly ... just beat Inter because of a huge cross from Assou-Ekotto to Lennon lol).

Since my wingers stay fairly wide with the ball I'm tempted to instead try to get the fullbacks running diagonally inside.

So my questions are:

1. How to make wingers pass to the overlapping fullback (tried using the shout to no effect)
2. How to make fullbacks play "inverted" making runs inside

Anybody experimented with inverted fullbacks?

I am currently managing Alta IF in the Norwegian first division in my first season. I set up three tactics, and after a four months, they are fluid in all categories except formation, which has remained stuck at "awkward". Why is that and what can I do to fix it?

I am currently managing Alta IF in the Norwegian first division in my first season. I set up three tactics, and after a four months, they are fluid in all categories except formation, which has remained stuck at "awkward". Why is that and what can I do to fix it?

Here is a Quote form SI

Hi,

Since i install patch 12.1, everytime i change who is controling the match preparation (me or my assman) the "formation" bar on the match preparation panel go back to minimum level.

For example, in pre-season i always control the match preparation to set it to very high. When the season games begin, i change the control to my assman, and the next day the "formation" bar (that was on fluid), went down to the minimum level.

And this happens everytime.

Yep, we are looking into this, thanks for bringing it up.

Hello.
What kind of tactics used in the lower leagues (England).

Hello.
What kind of tactics used in the lower leagues (England).

Mostly a more direct game focusing on the counter. Some teams play a more probing possession football though but they are more rare

What can I do so that my defense doesn't shoot the ball out of defense, but instead makes short passes? I play with short passes and every player's instruction are set to short. I also tried different shouts, but they still do it and it makes me lose a lot of balls in the matches. Even with Barça they still hit the ball early out of the
defense

tactic for west bromwich albion?

try xenon's 4-3-3. I tried a similar tactic and became 4th in my first season

Last edited:
I use Raikan AMC tactic with Bayern in 2011 . With this tactic , i need a Poacher and i have Mario Gomez , is he good enough ? He is a great finisher with aerial skills and pace but ... his technique is AWFUL , he can`t dribble but i think he don`t need this things .

2. How to make fullbacks play "inverted" making runs inside

Anybody experimented with inverted fullbacks?

I wouldn't recommend doing that, to let the backs cross from deep makes them the most effective in my experience.