a small question: what does "hold up ball" really mean??
use this, player sometimes just stand with the ball, do nothing , looking for what to do next
if not, they won't think , just touch the ball and run or pass or shoot immediatly ( like a poacher)

I'm trying to upload my old tactic from Fm 2008 or "009 I can't remember but when I try it gives me this msg "the file could not be imported" so is that even possible can I somehow convert it for FM 2012 or any help would be appreciated

I'm trying to upload my old tactic from Fm 2008 or "009 I can't remember but when I try it gives me this msg "the file could not be imported" so is that even possible can I somehow convert it for FM 2012 or any help would be appreciated

They revamped the tactics in 11 i believe, It is possible to transfer tactics between 11 and 12 but i don't think you can do it from any other season. You could just simpley adapt it in fm12, by creating a new tactic.

Do regens grow? I have a guy 14 years old and he is 194 cm tall, so I wonder can he grow to be like 200 cm

Do regens grow? I have a guy 14 years old and he is 194 cm tall, so I wonder can he grow to be like 200 cm

Never noticed if they do or not, Keep an eye on him and let us know?

Haha 14 years and 194?!?! haha!!!! I'm 200 myself, but at 14 i wasnt 194 :p

have downloaded a tactic and extracted it to \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics but it's not showing up in my game am i extracting it to the right location thanks for your help

Hm, how can i make my FBs pass the ball to the middle players like DM or plamaker? They always pass to the wingers. I try to set short pass and direct pass, but nothing changes ! How can I set them??

Hm, how can i make my FBs pass the ball to the middle players like DM or plamaker? They always pass to the wingers. I try to set short pass and direct pass, but nothing changes ! How can I set them??
On the Team Instructions page, near the bottom, change Focus Passing to "Through the Middle" also I recomend to select a playmaker as this will ensure he picks up the ball quicker and then picks a better attacking pass (with high creativity and decisions atts)

Of course I choose focus passing through the middle and select playmaker. Should I set the Fbs creativity high or little?

Of course I choose focus passing through the middle and select playmaker. Should I set the Fbs creativity high or little?

It depends on there abilities but i would recommend little as this means they will nearly always look to the middle and/or the playmaker, then your more creative players can decide the final/killer ball... just give the players in the middle the ability to roam and high creative freedom.

Little help here mates!
the thing is,i created an flat 4-3-2-1 tactic with wingers,and it's been working wonders for me,but after i first losted my team isn't playing as much well as they were before,but still winning.And now i just played against Liverpool and they created 8 ccc's and just converted one! how does a team do that? why they aren't finishing as well as they were before? could it be the team talks?

View attachment 208610

What is the best striker combination with a 4-4-2? At the moment I'm playing a Target Man and Poacher, but was wondering if their is a better combination.

Also, what would be the worst?

What is the best striker combination with a 4-4-2? At the moment I'm playing a Target Man and Poacher, but was wondering if their is a better combination.

Also, what would be the worst?

Have a look ( and post) in this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-training/87350-favorite-strike-pairing.html

As for the worst, it would be one that does not suit the players and/or the tactic. Like playing two Berbatovs as a poacher and an advanced FC in a quick counter attack approach, playing long balls over the top of the defenders...or... playing 2 poachers that do like to get forward when you are sitting deep and playing really slow and cautious

Last edited:
Have a look ( and post) in this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-training/87350-favorite-strike-pairing.html

As for the worst, it would be one that does not suit the players and/or the tactic. Like playing two Berbatovs as a poacher and an advanced FC in a quick counter attack approach, playing long balls over the top of the defenders...or... playing 2 poachers that do like to get forward when you are sitting deep and playing really slow and cautious

Ah, didn't know that thread existed, thanks.

Is there any way of stopping players getting added to your shortlist when you scout them?

I don't think so, it can be annoying. You'll just have to 'unsubscribe' every time.

Hello, my question is:
Is better way to train players is give them individual training (high) or let them train in normal prog??

hello guys.. i've a problem.. how to train for my all players to play more pass game?? not individual finishing.. they all always shoot at penalty box and didn't scored besides that if they passing to teammate there should goal.. *sorry bad english