The " I have a small question " thread

How much impact does the Preffered moves have on a player?
Because after teaching Pastore some he is playing to his stats which wasn't the case before

So, to sum it up:
i read shouts mess with familiarity, and setting up a tactic with the equivalent content to the shout should improve the teams play. But TheBetterHalf makes it look like shout settings are in every way superior to Team Instructions. True or false?

If one is worried about the familiarity,then one could just use the shouts and then save the tactic ingame ( by firstly fixate ALL settings as shouts dont save) and load it up as a 2nd, 3rd tactic. Its not something the AI can do though...

Nah, shouts are not superior but if really wanting to play the gam to its full, then using them to differentiate the different appraoahes one can/should take makes all the difference in the world

Just a question out of curiosity. It came to my mind a while ago. So I'm sure that Chelsea and Man Utd weren't considered fierce rivals (or any kind of rivals) before Chelsea started winning and challenging for the titles. And now they are listed as fierce rivals. My question is, if you take a lower team and start winning and challenging for titles in the top tier, will your club receive new rivals or will you be stuck with the same city rivals and lower league rivals who didn't advance. I think it'd be lame if it's the second case because that way you probably won't have any derby matches when you're on top...

I need some help with my team. I've rage quit multiple save attempts at taking charge of RC Strasbourg in 3rd Division France.

The team is garbage and I have to sell the one great player for funds to sign a bunch of frees.

This kills the teamwork within the squad as they haven't gelled and I get murdered at start of season.

Is there a cap on how many frees I should sign for my first team and backups to maintain the gel? I typically have to replace about 9 players in the starting 11. All I can think of doing is setting teamwork in match prep to very high.

i signed a kid from argentina who looked quality. he got here and ive been including him in my first team squad (giving him the odd start, bringing him off the bench). hes 18 and just got wonderkid status. hes progressing well in training and his attributes are going up except for his determination, it was 18 when he arrived under a year ago and has now dropped down to 14. does anybody know a possible reason for this? or how i can prevent it going down anymore? or even better raising it again? my squad are very determined in general because i tend not to buy players with low determination and work rate unless theyre really special.

I have tried searching for a post on the tonal system with player interaction but couldn't find one, so thought I would ask here rather than starting a thread on it.

Is there a thread explaining the different tones in the player interaction bit, mainly for on the match screen?

Or if not can someone explain it in depth for me?

Regardless of what I try the only way I can get a reaction is by either slagging my team off or saying I am pleased and this generally doesn't spark much of a reaction from my team on the pitch if used at half time.

Hi all,
I have a little question :)
What effect would it have if team instruction passing is set to direct while almost every individual player instruction passing is set to short?

I don't know if this question has already been asked as the thread is getting quite big, qo sorry if this is redundant. Thanks all

I need some help with my team. I've rage quit multiple save attempts at taking charge of RC Strasbourg in 3rd Division France.

The team is garbage and I have to sell the one great player for funds to sign a bunch of frees.

This kills the teamwork within the squad as they haven't gelled and I get murdered at start of season.

Is there a cap on how many frees I should sign for my first team and backups to maintain the gel? I typically have to replace about 9 players in the starting 11. All I can think of doing is setting teamwork in match prep to very high.

I don't think there is a cap to the number of players you can get. The team will of course need time to gel in you cannot do anything about this.
What I'd recommend is setting teamwork to very high, play as much friendlies as possible and avoid using possession based tactics as they need even more time. Play as direct and counter attacking as possible in a first time. This will never make your team play to its best from the begining of the season but may be should reduce the back fire of changing the whole team. Nonetheless, I undestand you well. Strasbourg team is really awfull

i signed a kid from argentina who looked quality. he got here and ive been including him in my first team squad (giving him the odd start, bringing him off the bench). hes 18 and just got wonderkid status. hes progressing well in training and his attributes are going up except for his determination, it was 18 when he arrived under a year ago and has now dropped down to 14. does anybody know a possible reason for this? or how i can prevent it going down anymore? or even better raising it again? my squad are very determined in general because i tend not to buy players with low determination and work rate unless theyre really special.

Maybe you're getting him tutored by a player whose determination is 14?

which is the latest patch in fm, and where can i download it ?

The latest update is 12.1.1 and is to be downloaded the same way as you activated the game, throu STEAM. Just make sure you are online and actually let STEAM update it for you. If being uncertain its done, just load up à save and look at GAME STATUS where it should say 12.1.1( the databas containing the players Will still be 12.0 though as the patch is not à databas update )

stupid question maybe. bt will all training schedules & tactics frm original unpatched game(12.0.2 i thnk) be there and work after i patch to 12.1.1

edit: & after patch, can i dwnload training schedules etc which were created by some1 before 12.1.1 patch and it'll wrk?

stupid question maybe. bt will all training schedules & tactics frm original unpatched game(12.0.2 i thnk) be there and work after i patch to 12.1.1

edit: & after patch, can i dwnload training schedules etc which were created by some1 before 12.1.1 patch and it'll wrk?

There has been no changes in how training works and all tactics/schedules etc are compatible with all patches of the same edition.

As for tactics, its a different story. As long as the tactic was a stable one that did not exploit any ME weaknesses in the previuous match engine or relied only on the 3 AI bugs, the morale flaw etc to ghet results, it should produce the same results now.

As an example from 12.0.4, I used the actually tacti setup that came with the team when I took over as manager, a default standard-balanced with everything on default and I managed 20 straight wins with my assman picking the team,. doing the teamtalk etc. Naturally, the tactic was not a super-tactic and if I would try the same approach in 12.1.1, I would not get the same results

Can anyone help me on Van Persie. He's very inconsistent. He comes with man of the match at times then with 6.00 ratings in other days.

Maybe he is simply inconsistent, if anyone could check that for me? I don't like using all those other programs that check the hidden stats.

Can anyone help me on Van Persie. He's very inconsistent. He comes with man of the match at times then with 6.00 ratings in other days.

Maybe he is simply inconsistent, if anyone could check that for me? I don't like using all those other programs that check the hidden stats.

Are you playing a counter game ?. In that case, its probably because the attackers try to do these attack in haste( the very though of counter attacks). When he beats his man and scores, he gets high rating but when the opposition sits deep, he gets very little space and then he shoots form distance, resulting in low ratings.

There has been no changes in how training works and all tactics/schedules etc are compatible with all patches of the same edition.

As for tactics, its a different story. As long as the tactic was a stable one that did not exploit any ME weaknesses in the previuous match engine or relied only on the 3 AI bugs, the morale flaw etc to ghet results, it should produce the same results now.

As an example from 12.0.4, I used the actually tacti setup that came with the team when I took over as manager, a default standard-balanced with everything on default and I managed 20 straight wins with my assman picking the team,. doing the teamtalk etc. Naturally, the tactic was not a super-tactic and if I would try the same approach in 12.1.1, I would not get the same results

ok, thanx a lot. :)

Are you playing a counter game ?. In that case, its probably because the attackers try to do these attack in haste( the very though of counter attacks). When he beats his man and scores, he gets high rating but when the opposition sits deep, he gets very little space and then he shoots form distance, resulting in low ratings.

Thanks, that explains counter but my most used formation uses Control. I play him as Tequartista upfront front on his own in 4-2-3-1 with AM and 2 IF behind him.

Thanks, that explains counter but my most used formation uses Control. I play him as Tequartista upfront front on his own in 4-2-3-1 with AM and 2 IF behind him.

Might still be the same scenario. If the opposition sits deep with their midfield, there Will be very little space in the hole etc, making him shoot from distance, poor angels. Try using him as à CF on attack and see how he will act.

Back