The " I have a small question " thread

Hi guys,

I play a 4-3-3 classic tactics with DMC anchorman a DLP and a AMC + 3 ST's
High def line, short passing slow tempo etc.

My questions is my fullbacks make a lot of miles and they tire a lot, my strikers do not.
How can i give some of the workload of the fb's to the (wide) strikers? Like helping with build-up play.

Notes: I do not want the strikers to play too wide, because that removes the danger. I got my FB's to stretch the play.

thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I play a 4-3-3 classic tactics with DMC anchorman a DLP and a AMC + 3 ST's
High def line, short passing slow tempo etc.

My questions is my fullbacks make a lot of miles and they tire a lot, my strikers do not.
How can i give some of the workload of the fb's to the (wide) strikers? Like helping with build-up play.

Notes: I do not want the strikers to play too wide, because that removes the danger. I got my FB's to stretch the play.

thanks in advance

If you want the strikers to track back, you have to alternativ.

1.) make them specificly tight man mark the oppositions Fullbacks along with lower their mentality

. and/or..the one that one should use

2.) reduce their mentality so its equal to a Defensive Forward on support using the Counter strategy ( ie, the forward will be on a defensive mentality, putting in more work in his defensive duties). Tight man marking but not specific.

As for how they could be more involved in the build up. well, they are not really intended to. Unbless being set as TQs with no defensive duties at all, acting more like a AMC, the attackers should be playing upfront. Naturally, if they track back, they will be further down the field when you retrieve the ball. As an extra solution, you could just make sure that they don thave runs from deep to to often. put it on mixed so that they stay and help with the build up more often.

Last edited:
Hey fellas,
Bit off-topic question. I made Training Schedules last year(actually in late 2010) for FM 2011 and got good feedback. My computer crashed last year and I bought a new one just before the new year. I've made similar Training Schedules for FM 2012. Was wondering if I should publish them here now, since it's already February, 3-4 months since the game's release... Would anyone be interested?... :)

Do it !!
People might be less interested than last year but not because its february but because most users has learned about training and know that they simply have to be adjusted to suit the actuall player and that they cant be used as plug & play as such. With a good explanation on why they are setup like they are and under what circumstances they function as a good basis, I am sure that I for one would benfit from looking at them.

Cheers

Do it !!
People might be less interested than last year but not because its february but because most users has learned about training and know that they simply have to be adjusted to suit the actuall player and that they cant be used as plug & play as such. With a good explanation on why they are setup like they are and under what circumstances they function as a good basis, I am sure that I for one would benfit from looking at them.

Cheers

Thanks for the encouragement! :) And for the explanation and tips. :) Will be doing so soon then!

anyone can help me? i always concede goal through set pieces.. can anyone suggest what should i do to do better in facing set pieces?

anyone can help me? i always concede goal through set pieces.. can anyone suggest what should i do to do better in facing set pieces?

Hard to say where you go wrong when we dont know what you are doing. The players ( can they defend against them ), the defensive set pieces setup, the match prep focus, how much you are condeeding, from what set piece you conceed from etc. We simply need more information.

Cheers

in pre season, i conceded a lot of goals through corner n free kick.. and i think it becoz the defensive set peces setup.. in comunity shield against mu, i conceded 2 goals through their corner and free kick..

in pre season, i conceded a lot of goals through corner n free kick.. and i think it becoz the defensive set peces setup.. in comunity shield against mu, i conceded 2 goals through their corner and free kick..

again, what players are you using ( assuming you are man c but you could be 3 seaons in, playing with doncaster), what match prep focus and what setting have you chosen ?

i used MC but it just 1st season. and my match prep focus is teamwork with very high workload. but my team is scoring for fun.

hello! pls help...

I'm using the Ghost Tactic V1(that one with 4 def, 1 DMC, 1 MC, 2 wingers & 2 strikers) at Udinese...everything goes by plan, excepting my MC. I played with Milan Badelji, Josip Ilicic & Casarini in that position....nothing works!(their role is Central Midfielder - attack) poor passing rates, no goals(1 goal for Casarini in 17 games) and of course the average rating is 6,85. It's really frustrating. I tried to switch to Advanced Playmaker (support & attack) but with no results. Also switching the position (into an AMC or DMC) was a bad move. I lost 7 games experimenting.

any ideas?? pls...

any ideas for a tactic for tottenham... I want to get the most oit of their attacking talent (bale, modric, vdv)

I have a question about the whole Jumping + Height thing ... if both stats work together can I have a player with Jumping 20 and 1,70m tall ... my guess is the answer is NO

while I was writing this post I realised I should do a quick search and the shortest player with a JUMPING stat of 17 was 1,86m tal

so the actual question ... if I have a player who is 1,70m tall and has, for example, 15 JUMPING - is it worthless to "train focus" his jumping stat ???

how is it on fm2012 and fm2011

any ideas for a tactic for tottenham... I want to get the most oit of their attacking talent (bale, modric, vdv)
Sounds like a perfect chance to use 4-2-3-1 with Bale Modric and van der Vaart (left to right) as the '3' with Adebayor up top (assuming he's on loan at Spurs on the game, I haven't even gone near the Premier League yet) if not a similar striker capable of playing a target-man-type role

My fm never got the latest patch and its really annoying how do i get it?

my liverpool team is picking uo soo many booking its unblievable and its really annoying, I don't even have agressive taclinkg set, in my last game against Arsenal eight of my players got booked resulting in a fine, does anyone know why this is happening or how to solve this?
Also Srna gets booked every game almost how do I stop this?

My fm never got the latest patch and its really annoying how do i get it?

1.) Make sure that you actually dont have the patch. Start a game and go to status in the right dop meny. What does it say about the version you are running ? It should be 12.1.1( but the databas when starting new games are still the old as SI has not released a new databas, only new match engines etc.)

2.)make sure you are online with you steam accoun

3.) make sure that steam is allowed to update the game( its in the settings, the auto update)

4.) Make sure that you dont have a firewall that is hindering it

5.9 Contact steam support

Im playing a 4-1-2-2-1 offensive barcelona style tactic. But i cant seem to get my wingers to help defend. When their fullbacks go for an offensive run my wingers never track them back. Iv got man marking and tight marking on my wingers. But they still dont follow the fullbacks. Any tips or ideas?

When I look at the assistant manager's advice during the game, he always says that my players are struggling to motivate themselves for me, but I'm 2nd in the league, their morale ranges from fairly good to superb and I get generally good results from my team talks, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks

When I look at the assistant manager's advice during the game, he always says that my players are struggling to motivate themselves for me, but I'm 2nd in the league, their morale ranges from fairly good to superb and I get generally good results from my team talks, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks

your assistant's on crack

Back