The " I have a small question " thread

Hi, from what I understand the AI "learns" your tactic after a while so it's a good idea to mix it up abit during the season. My question is: Will the AI also learn the other tactics you have in match prep? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, from what I understand the AI "learns" your tactic after a while so it's a good idea to mix it up abit during the season. My question is: Will the AI also learn the other tactics you have in match prep? Thanks in advance for any help.

NO, the AI does not learn the tactic. What the AI does is that they lok at the risk & reward. If you have been playing really well and have overachieved, the will now consider you a bigger threat and will be more cautious, not willing to risk so much . This means that if you have been playing an agressiv countergame, hitting direct balls over the top of the defenders, its might be a really poor approach once the opponents start to sit deeper and keep possession. The Ai does not know what settings you are using as such and have no idea about your other tactics in the match prep. What they will learn about though is what players that are their main threat. In the end, they will use opposition instructions on some of them.

In short, the AI does not learn the tactic, neither do they adapt to the actic you are using. Instead, they adapt to the circumstances, somethinfg that the user benefois from doing to

hello.. .I wonder what kind of offensive roles and midfield roles work well together for the LLM teams? what do you think are most effective?

hello.. .I wonder what kind of offensive roles and midfield roles work well together for the LLM teams? what do you think are most effective?

That would depend intirely onthe level and the player. If its a Swedish amateur 2nd division 18 year old with an average 4 in all stats, I would not, I would keep it more simple in terms of everything. I would stay away from ballwinners on support, advanced playmakers and TQs.

Hi, I'm playing the danish version and im not sure what the role BBM stands for?

Hi, I'm playing the danish version and im not sure what the role BBM stands for?

Its à Box 2 box midfielder. The easiest way to learn all these shortenings is to take à screen Of some Of the settings/roles etc and then switch language to English and compare.

Hi all, no answers on the direct passing for the team, and short for players?

I'm brand new to FM, just started playing FM12.

I'm starting with a Blue Square team (Hampton & Richmond Borough) and I've started signing free transfers to get the personnel I need. My question is simple, but I honestly am not sure how to go about it. How do I rid my team of deadwood? The minute I transfer list a player, he freaks out and starts talking trash to other teammates. But if I don't start selling quick, I'm hamstrung because I don't have enough depth (i.e. my wage budget is maxed out.)

I'm brand new to FM, just started playing FM12.

I'm starting with a Blue Square team (Hampton & Richmond Borough) and I've started signing free transfers to get the personnel I need. My question is simple, but I honestly am not sure how to go about it. How do I rid my team of deadwood? The minute I transfer list a player, he freaks out and starts talking trash to other teammates. But if I don't start selling quick, I'm hamstrung because I don't have enough depth (i.e. my wage budget is maxed out.)

You could go about giving them mutual contract terminations. Or just terminate their contracts.

They usually refuse mutual termination, and unilateral termination costs money. (And since I'm Blue Square div, I have no money!)

I'm playing as real madrid. Do I want to send my best youth to the u19 squad or castilla squad.

Play around with different options - perhaps try a Short passing game with a high tempo?

Hi mate, thanks for your reply but it dosen't really answers my question. What I'm wondering about is what happens if team instructions is set to direct but all players have passing short in their individual instructions?

Hi mate, thanks for your reply but it dosen't really answers my question. What I'm wondering about is what happens if team instructions is set to direct but all players have passing short in their individual instructions?

Oh right - Ask that next time maybe?

Nothing really happens, You'll probably confuse people - like myself and any other logical thinker that thinks "why the scotsman would he want to set contradictory team instructions"

If you were to do that what I can assume is that it would just set the overall instructions to "mixed" and that the players would use their own creativity and flair to determine what type of pass they are going to play. You're less apt players will probably pump it long (CB's and maybe your side backs) while your creative types might make the short passes.

Ultimately it could also depend on outlets - short pass if it is there and long pass the other 80% of the time.

To be honest m8, it's a pretty daft question. I'd suggest not doing that as it has no foreseeable benefit.

Oh right - Ask that next time maybe?

Nothing really happens, You'll probably confuse people - like myself and any other logical thinker that thinks "why the scotsman would he want to set contradictory team instructions"

If you were to do that what I can assume is that it would just set the overall instructions to "mixed" and that the players would use their own creativity and flair to determine what type of pass they are going to play. You're less apt players will probably pump it long (CB's and maybe your side backs) while your creative types might make the short passes.

Ultimately it could also depend on outlets - short pass if it is there and long pass the other 80% of the time.

To be honest m8, it's a pretty daft question. I'd suggest not doing that as it has no foreseeable benefit.

Its not a pretty daft question at all ( especially since you answered it incorrectly ;D )

The answer is that player instructions override team instructions. It simply does not matter where you put the passing slider if all the players have individuall settings. No players will be confused, no AI will be fooled, nothing. The only persons affected would be us if you uploaded a screenshot of the team settings as we would assume you play a direct game :D

Last edited:
Its not a pretty daft question at all ( especially since you answered it incorrectly ;D )

The answer is that player instructions override team instructions. It simply does not matter where you put the passing slider if all the players have individuall settings. No players will be confused, no AI will be fooled, nothing. The only persons affected would be us if you uploaded a screenshot of the team settings as we would assume you play a direct game :D

Thanks a lot Faulky10 and TheBetterHalf.
The reason why I was wondering is that when playing short passing and slow tempo sometimes players simply never get the ball forward! So I thought that maybe setting team passing to direct could force them playing forward more often...
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hey fellas,
Bit off-topic question. I made Training Schedules last year(actually in late 2010) for FM 2011 and got good feedback. My computer crashed last year and I bought a new one just before the new year. I've made similar Training Schedules for FM 2012. Was wondering if I should publish them here now, since it's already February, 3-4 months since the game's release... Would anyone be interested?... :)

Back