The " I have a small question " thread

I'm currently Havant and Waterlooville and got them promoted last season to the Blue Square Premier Division. I need a good tactic that will ensure I don't get relegated, any help would be much appreciated!

Just finished the season as champions. players instantly switched off and I lost my last 4 or 5 games convincingly. I know this happens in life as the players have nothing to play for but I still want to win every game. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this and/or knows a way to counter it ?

Just finished the season as champions. players instantly switched off and I lost my last 4 or 5 games convincingly. I know this happens in life as the players have nothing to play for but I still want to win every game. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this and/or knows a way to counter it ?

Play fringe/youth players and use good motivating team-talks.

I'm currently Havant and Waterlooville and got them promoted last season to the Blue Square Premier Division. I need a good tactic that will ensure I don't get relegated, any help would be much appreciated!

5-3-2 rigid philosophy.

whats the purpose of the Loyalty bonus ? like when a team is rumors to sign on of my players, it says that "if he's sold, then i (the club) have to player "X-amount"m to the player on agreed loyalty bonus fee.

whats the purpose of the Loyalty bonus ? like when a team is rumors to sign on of my players, it says that "if he's sold, then i (the club) have to player "X-amount"m to the player on agreed loyalty bonus fee.

Its basiclly an "sign-on fee" spread over the coming years.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but didn't find other and I didn't want to open a new thread, so.. :)
I would like to ask what are the important attributes for the player to not stop scoring goals, because for example I lead almost every game 2,3,4-0 at HT and I rarely score more goals after HT... I am almost certain it is not because of my talk at HT. :) I know that Determination is important if your team is goal/s behind, but how to get them motivated and make them continue scoring. I have 5 classy forwards and only 1 looks like never giving up on scoring. I have Carlos Vela, Facundo Fereyra, Carlos Fierro, Ongenda and Lenny Nangis, with the last one being the mentioned one.
Also I would like to ask what role does the Advanced Playmaker on the wing play? What does he actually do? And I noticed that after a few seasons some of my wingers were suggested to be played as AP on the wings, which is a bit strange to me and that is why I am asking.

Thank you in advance!

So there are many succesfull tactics in forums, based in good attack or possesion..

Is there any tactic based on good defence?

Is there any way to create one having as priority the best availiable defence attitude when NOT in possesion?

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but didn't find other and I didn't want to open a new thread, so.. :)
I would like to ask what are the important attributes for the player to not stop scoring goals, because for example I lead almost every game 2,3,4-0 at HT and I rarely score more goals after HT... I am almost certain it is not because of my talk at HT. :) I know that Determination is important if your team is goal/s behind, but how to get them motivated and make them continue scoring. I have 5 classy forwards and only 1 looks like never giving up on scoring. I have Carlos Vela, Facundo Fereyra, Carlos Fierro, Ongenda and Lenny Nangis, with the last one being the mentioned one.
Also I would like to ask what role does the Advanced Playmaker on the wing play? What does he actually do? And I noticed that after a few seasons some of my wingers were suggested to be played as AP on the wings, which is a bit strange to me and that is why I am asking.

Thank you in advance!

Try to attack more quickly and on the counter in the second half. Attacking on the counter doesn't necessarily mean that you change your mentality to counter, but at least when playing home you can use attacking mentality and stand off, maybe even with drop deeper shout. Make sure your defence is well covered and your wingers and strikers are quick.

Reason for those changes is that opponent is going to push forward, leaving lots of space behind. When opponent play quickly your pressing is little use. Inviting pressure means that they leave even more space behind, and attacking that space quickly should devastate them. Also make sure you have fresh strikers, they are less likely to score if they are tired.

Thank you for the answer! Still I should mention that I choose my wingers and strikers with at least 15 pace and at least 14 acceleration! Also in 99% of the games my strikers are in superb condition with both of their fitnesses being 100%, this due to the long bench and the small amount of games, because I play in Bulgaria, where there are 30 games per season.
I will try a poacher's settings that I have seen in another thread and this will be my last try in winning big. :) Still the question what does the advanced playmaker on the wing - exists and will appreciate an answer. :)

Last edited:
Can i train my cb into becoming a rb?? i am short on right backs atm and would like to take a cb and make him permant rb.

how can i do this? I had a quick look in training area but couldnt see a drop down to ask him to play at rb / make him train there

please help

thanks

Can i train my cb into becoming a rb?? i am short on right backs atm and would like to take a cb and make him permant rb.

how can i do this? I had a quick look in training area but couldnt see a drop down to ask him to play at rb / make him train there

please help

thanks

Go to player profile, then select training, and then you can see something like "positional training" on the left hand side.

Thank you for the answer! Still I should mention that I choose my wingers and strikers with at least 15 pace and at least 14 acceleration! Also in 99% of the games my strikers are in superb condition with both of their fitnesses being 100%, this due to the long bench and the small amount of games, because I play in Bulgaria, where there are 30 games per season.
I will try a poacher's settings that I have seen in another thread and this will be my last try in winning big. :) Still the question what does the advanced playmaker on the wing - exists and will appreciate an answer. :)

He will not make attacking runs behind the defence, but looks to recieve the ball to his feet, then cuts inside and looks for killer balls. Think of David Silva. Match engine doesn't allow as much roaming as Silva does, but otherwise it is basicly the same.

Hi all, how can I fool the AI?
I have a tactic that works amazingly good for the first half of the season and then it begins to struggle and rely heavily on set pieces for scoring. How can I fix that?

Hi all, how can I fool the AI?
I have a tactic that works amazingly good for the first half of the season and then it begins to struggle and rely heavily on set pieces for scoring. How can I fix that?

Here, its not about fooling the AI.

If looking at the tactics alone

Most of the time, its down to the AI playing more compact against you, using more players with defensive and support duties, often playing on the counter. Firstly, to be able to tweak the tactic, you need to know exactly how your tactics functions and why it got you those results etc etc. Think of it as in real life, would would you do if the opponent suddenly starts to play defensive against you? What worked before and why ?. How does it look now ?. If you answer these questions, you will know what to do.

Apart form this

Its not only down to the style of play you want your players to act within, but also every other variable that have an effect on their performace. morale, form, weather etc you name it

I have a little problem with my save. Playing in French National with Red Star 93. I try to use heavy pressing, which seems to fail quite badly. Big part of this is my players, who really don't have enough work rate.

The way my pressing is ripped apart is through the wings. Goalkeeper throws the ball to fullback, who turns and passes to winger before my AMR/L stops the pass. I would like to have my AMR/L stop the pass along the wing to the winger (who seems to be available way too often, haven't really found out how my wingbacks could defend them properly), which I have tried to achieve by OI, closing down always and show onto foot, left fot RB and right for LB.

Any thoughts? Is it only up to my players not having enough work rate and determination?

Here, its not about fooling the AI.

If looking at the tactics alone

Most of the time, its down to the AI playing more compact against you, using more players with defensive and support duties, often playing on the counter. Firstly, to be able to tweak the tactic, you need to know exactly how your tactics functions and why it got you those results etc etc. Think of it as in real life, would would you do if the opponent suddenly starts to play defensive against you? What worked before and why ?. How does it look now ?. If you answer these questions, you will know what to do.

Apart form this

Its not only down to the style of play you want your players to act within, but also every other variable that have an effect on their performace. morale, form, weather etc you name it

Hi The BetterHalf, thanks for replying.
I don't think this is due to more defensive playing from opponents. I've been winning the league for trhee seasons on a row so if opposition were to play more defensively they should do it from the begining. Moreover, when I switch to anoter tactic with almost the same settings, results are back... for a while so I really think this is due to the AI learning the wy I play.

I have a little problem with my save. Playing in French National with Red Star 93. I try to use heavy pressing, which seems to fail quite badly. Big part of this is my players, who really don't have enough work rate.

The way my pressing is ripped apart is through the wings. Goalkeeper throws the ball to fullback, who turns and passes to winger before my AMR/L stops the pass. I would like to have my AMR/L stop the pass along the wing to the winger (who seems to be available way too often, haven't really found out how my wingbacks could defend them properly), which I have tried to achieve by OI, closing down always and show onto foot, left fot RB and right for LB.

Any thoughts? Is it only up to my players not having enough work rate and determination?

TBH I don't think what you are willing to do is achievable on a regular basis even with very high work rate players. The reson is simply that FB will rarerly have a direct opponent when receiving ball from their keeper.
I think you should instead think of how to block the opposition winger and how not having your team loosing its shape while closing down opponents.
Raikan's idea of setting every player to the same level of closing down might be a good start on this respect.

Elsewhere, if playing a DM showing opponent wingers on their weeker foot along with closing them down might bring them to your DM/ CB who will win you back the ball...

Hi The BetterHalf, thanks for replying.
I don't think this is due to more defensive playing from opponents. I've been winning the league for trhee seasons on a row so if opposition were to play more defensively they should do it from the begining. Moreover, when I switch to anoter tactic with almost the same settings, results are back... for a while so I really think this is due to the AI learning the wy I play.

Well, as the developers have stated that even though they would want this to be possible, its à too complex thing to code into the game. I see no reason why they should lie about this, especially since they wish it was true :)

The thing is though, that if its not the tactics as such but the players not putting in the effort, the solution can be tactical. If your normal approach only functions if the players press high and make runs into channels, it fails when they dont. When switching to à different tactic that does not rely on it, you get results again.

Back