The " I have a small question " thread

Hi The BetterHalf, thanks for replying.
I don't think this is due to more defensive playing from opponents. I've been winning the league for trhee seasons on a row so if opposition were to play more defensively they should do it from the begining. Moreover, when I switch to anoter tactic with almost the same settings, results are back... for a while so I really think this is due to the AI learning the wy I play.

Well, as the developers have stated that even though they would want this( the AI being smarter and knowing mord about how to combat your approach) be possible, its à too complex thing to code into the game. I see no reason why they should lie about this, especially since they wish it was true :)

The thing is though, that if its not the tactics as such but the players not putting in the effort, the solution can be tactical. If your normal approach only functions if the players press high and make runs into channels, it fails when they dont. When switching to à different tactic that does not rely on it, you get results again.

As for the AI cheating and learning the actuall tacticfile and just using another one with the same or almot the same settings, its NOT something the AI do.

Å

Last edited:
Well, as the developers have stated that even though they would want this to be possible, its à too complex thing to code into the game. I see no reason why they should lie about this, especially since they wish it was true :)

The thing is though, that if its not the tactics as such but the players not putting in the effort, the solution can be tactical. If your normal approach only functions if the players press high and make runs into channels, it fails when they dont. When switching to à different tactic that does not rely on it, you get results again.

As a matter of fact my tactic relies heavily on these two aspects, so how can I have them doing their job correctly while having very good results? Team talks about complcency often get some players angry...

Moreover, now that I think about it, this pattern reproduced itself very regularly during my save:
First I begun with Southhampton, then moved to Glabach and now I'm managing Milan and everytime apart from my first season at SouthHampton, the first half is simply brilliant, the second half relies heavily on set pieces. The only time that was absolutly normal was with Glabach as I had half of my top players injured for a least 3 months whithin 3 games.

Moreover, now that I think about it, this pattern reproduced itself very regularly during my save:
First I begun with Southhampton, then moved to Glabach and now I'm managing Milan and everytime apart from my first season at SouthHampton, the first half is simply brilliant, the second half relies heavily on set pieces. The only time that was absolutly normal was with Glabach as I had half of my top players injured for a least 3 months whithin 3 games.

Its the man managent + the tactic needing the players t0 stay focused combination....and... the fact that other teams do play more cautious against you in the 2nd half of the leguae, even if playing as Barcelona

Can someone help me with my goalee? I really don't know why this keeps happening and I hope you can help me. I'll try to explain the best way I can. When the ball loosely wanders up in my own half and it goes towards the box but stops before it gets in, my goalee runs for the ball but he never gets out of it to get the ball. He just... stands on the line waiting for... nothing! Then a pacey striker always picks up the ball and puts it in my net. Why doesn't my goalee get out of the box and kick the ball away? Please help me with this, it always screws up a match which is going perfectly well :(

Can someone help me with my goalee? I really don't know why this keeps happening and I hope you can help me. I'll try to explain the best way I can. When the ball loosely wanders up in my own half and it goes towards the box but stops before it gets in, my goalee runs for the ball but he never gets out of it to get the ball. He just... stands on the line waiting for... nothing! Then a pacey striker always picks up the ball and puts it in my net. Why doesn't my goalee get out of the box and kick the ball away? Please help me with this, it always screws up a match which is going perfectly well :(

Set you keeper to "Sweeper" that should change that. But make sure that you are training him on first touch and passing otherwise he'll just muck it up more than if he just stayed in his net

Set you keeper to "Sweeper" that should change that. But make sure that you are training him on first touch and passing otherwise he'll just muck it up more than if he just stayed in his net

Is that the only way? If it's so then I'm screwed because I'm a national manager right now and this happened recently on a competitive match and it resulted in a draw when only 5 mins held me from an amazing win over Russia. And it was my first competitive match as the manager of Macedonia :(

Is that the only way? If it's so then I'm screwed because I'm a national manager right now and this happened recently on a competitive match and it resulted in a draw when only 5 mins held me from an amazing win over Russia. And it was my first competitive match as the manager of Macedonia :(

Sad Story bro... lol just teasing.

Yeah i think that is the only way to get your keeper to come out to collect the ball

Sad Story bro... lol just teasing.

Yeah i think that is the only way to get your keeper to come out to collect the ball

Yea lol I know I was devastated as I actually am a Macedonian :D But thanks anyway :)

could someone think Make the style play of Raikan007 short and move and koflok style and mr
[h=2]Mr Hough to remake beautiful tactic with cragswfc‎ settings to MAKE FC BARCELONA 4-3-3 the top sexy football on football manager.[/h]Its Can Be Done You think?

could someone think Make the style play of Raikan007 short and move and koflok style and mr
[h=2]Mr Hough to remake beautiful tactic with cragswfc‎ settings to MAKE FC BARCELONA 4-3-3 the top sexy football on football manager.[/h]Its Can Be Done You think?

Haha, I think you need to re-phrase that question. What would you like to implement from each Of the tactics ? Is it the passing style Of Raikans + the passing style Of MR h + craigs FC settings and implement them into à 433 tactic that suit or plays like barcelona ? If so, would you say its possible to play so many different stYles at once ?

Last edited:
i think its be possible do the style of top passes on game in the style of fc barcelona like in real life with craigs mr h and raikans
in 1 tactic its possible its be the awshome of it to any team.

i think its be possible do the style of top passes on game in the style of fc barcelona like in real life with craigs mr h and raikans
in 1 tactic its possible its be the awshome of it to any team.

I just meant that it Will be difficult or even impossible to play possession football with lots and lots Of passes( Raikans ) AND play direct balls to the striktes without possession( MR H) AND with à target man that the player should hit put direct balls onto into channels, à striker that Will NOT pass but instead try to beat his man and go straight at goal. Can you see what I mean ?

yes i see , but let give the managers talk on here if can be be a 1 unit to that mission and see if its can be done.

amazing things we hear about evreyone.

forwards keep missing chances

i have a question about my forwards. every game i have much more shots than the opponent but they keep failing to find the net and thus i lose/draw way too many games that i should be winning. any solutions?

Hey, hope you can help with this

Liam Ridgewell, who's never actually played for me as he got injured a couple of days after arriving, came to me with this concern: "This doesn't have to go any further than this office but I'm concerned about the lack of discipline"

to which I responded "I'll try to improve the way I handle things and you should see some improvement over the next few months" as the only other option was something along the lines of 'I'm not worried about this and neither should you be'

but does anyone know exactly what he's eluding to? The amount of yellow and red cards my team have is below average by the way

Hey, hope you can help with this

Liam Ridgewell, who's never actually played for me as he got injured a couple of days after arriving, came to me with this concern: "This doesn't have to go any further than this office but I'm concerned about the lack of discipline"

to which I responded "I'll try to improve the way I handle things and you should see some improvement over the next few months" as the only other option was something along the lines of 'I'm not worried about this and neither should you be'

but does anyone know exactly what he's eluding to? The amount of yellow and red cards my team have is below average by the way

It means (at least when the message has occured to me) that you haven't punished player for red card or things like that. When player recieves a red card/doesn't show up on training you should at least give him a warning, and next time fine his wages. That should stop those messages.

Back