The " I have a small question " thread

Im playing a 4-2-1-2-1 formation which is playing solidly in the back, but my 3 attacking players are so isolated from the match that I am getting very little offensive output. A little more info in the formation: One DM is set to Anchor man, the other to DLP support. and my CM is set to Advanced Playmaker (attack). I'm trying to build a tactic that is responsible at the back but can hit opponents with quick counter attacks. Any tips on how to achieve this?

-------AF-------
W(S)--------W(a)
-------AP-------
---A------DLP---
FB(s)--CB-CB--FB(S)
-------GK-------

I'd suggest moving your DLP up to central midfield. That way it should work.

You can play him in the FCright spot. Just as long as you have an idea of why the team woudl benefit from it. Is it that he is a false nine dropping deep and the AMC is a false 10, making them play in line anyway ?

they aren't false 9/10. tbh i was thinking on a much lower level that a
----------st---------
--------cam--------
--cm---cm---cm--
--------dm--------
-dr---dc--dc---dl-

formation looked weird. :). good to hear that it is ok. thanks for your help.

as this thread seems so productive i will repost something from another:
is it advisable to have all formations with no wingers? (im everton who have a diamond midfield which picks itself but i can use baines and vrsaljko as wing-backs) it is appropriate to have a tall target man like lacina traore despite no wingers? does this mean i will have to play more direct? cheers.

Heya TBH.

So first career game in FM2012 and I wind up in Brazilian lower leagues. 4-2-2-2 is the default formation for every opposition team, classic Brazil c.1982. Thoughts on its relative strengths and weaknesses? I've been playing a curious hybrid and done fairly well so far, but not convinced my bizarre 3-5-2 offshoot is really the way forward though there are precious few widemen of any type within my team's ability to sign beyond converted fullbacks.

Small Question: I'm trying to create individual training schedules for my promising youth players and wonderkids but should I concentrate only on the 'key attributes' that each players need for their respective positions and roles, or should I develop their other attributes too? If my one of my youth players (Poacher kind of striker), for example, has really good physical attributes for his age but sort of mediocre teamwork, work rate, creativity,etc should I try to maximize his already good pace, acceleration, finishing, etc or concentrate on developing his mental attributes?
Thanks ;)

Hey guys don't suppose anyone could shed any light on my problem ??

The majority of my players on the training tab says their progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge, can anyone explain what that means ?? does it mean my training isn't good enough ?? or the league ?? cheers peeps

Hey guys don't suppose anyone could shed any light on my problem ??

The majority of my players on the training tab says their progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge, can anyone explain what that means ?? does it mean my training isn't good enough ?? or the league ?? cheers peeps

It can mean that your player needs to be sold to a higher level club or that he needs a professional contract.

well they have prof contracts so must just need a generally better surroundings cheers mate :)

Heya TBH.

So first career game in FM2012 and I wind up in Brazilian lower leagues. 4-2-2-2 is the default formation for every opposition team, classic Brazil c.1982. Thoughts on its relative strengths and weaknesses? I've been playing a curious hybrid and done fairly well so far, but not convinced my bizarre 3-5-2 offshoot is really the way forward though there are precious few widemen of any type within my team's ability to sign beyond converted fullbacks.

Zeb, have a look at this post by Cleon on her thread: Sports Interactive Community

Zeb, have a look at this post by Cleon on her thread: Sports Interactive Community

Cheers Mike but I've not re-registered with them since they got hacked so can't view that one.
edit: sorted now. Cheers.

edited further: Yeah, Cleon suggest going wider. Meh, guess it's retraining then until I can get a couple of decent wingers. A target man bigger than a hobbit would also be useful I guess...

Last edited:
[h=6]can anyone tell me where I can find Winter Transfer Update for FM version 12.0.3????[/h]

Can someone help me please?

I have several affiliated clubs (playing as Inter Milan) and I've got a bunch of good young players who I want to load out, but I don't have a clue how to do this. Just offering them on loan does nothing. What combination of buttons do I press?

Can someone help me please?

I have several affiliated clubs (playing as Inter Milan) and I've got a bunch of good young players who I want to load out, but I don't have a clue how to do this. Just offering them on loan does nothing. What combination of buttons do I press?

Right click on the player you want to loan then 'squad' then 'move to affiliate' then just choose which affiliated club you want to loan the player to

just a quick question regarding assistant reports. just a second ago I was looking at my players on the tactics screen and noticed that a couple of players potential had dropped by a bit, as well as both their 'role' and 'pos' changing. Llorente went from 4star ST Targetman to a 3.5star AMC Trequartista and Messi changed from 5star ST Trequartista to a 4star R Winger.

not sure why this happened as I hadn't changed anything at all. they won't perform any differently right? could it be that they have gone on international duty and it's fuqd up? kinda worried right now as I really liked my team and don't want anything to change! cheers. :D

which one should i use/sign YOUTH COACH or COACH? or which one is better Youth Coach or Coach?

just a quick question regarding assistant reports. just a second ago I was looking at my players on the tactics screen and noticed that a couple of players potential had dropped by a bit, as well as both their 'role' and 'pos' changing. Llorente went from 4star ST Targetman to a 3.5star AMC Trequartista and Messi changed from 5star ST Trequartista to a 4star R Winger.

not sure why this happened as I hadn't changed anything at all. they won't perform any differently right? could it be that they have gone on international duty and it's fuqd up? kinda worried right now as I really liked my team and don't want anything to change! cheers. :D

Yeah, nothing to worry about. Its just a comparishment to his environment (in the club/nation and the club/nation it self)

Quick question:
A player with Run from Deep set on often need good Anticipation, Decisions and Off the ball[FONT=Ubuntu, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]. What do they mean with good? 10+? 15? or a mix? With big teams you can look for players with 15+ but small team you cant get those kind of players what do you do then? [/FONT]

How do you drag arrows from a position??

I downloaded the Barca tactic from one of the dudes here, and his formation had arrows. But when I tried to crate my own formation I can't drag no arrows!!~~

How do you drag arrows from a position??

I downloaded the Barca tactic from one of the dudes here, and his formation had arrows. But when I tried to crate my own formation I can't drag no arrows!!~~

It is only available in classic mode.

But those arrows are same as "run from deep". Run from deep often means arrow forward, sometimes means no arrow and rarely means arrow downward.

I just want to ask this : how to create a constant CCC ? Every match I got 50%> ball posession . But i just only score 1-2 goal

I just want to ask this : how to create a constant CCC ? Every match I got 50%> ball posession . But i just only score 1-2 goal

Its a question with many answers. In short, its depending on who you are playing as and how the opponent is playing against you. I can create 4 really good CCCs in a game and score from them all, having 40 % possession, playing againt a top team. Here, I lauch quick attacks with balls into channels down the flanks. If I had been playing with a team like united home againt a deep sitting newcastle, i would play different.

In short: think real life football

Back