The " I have a small question " thread

Then I would not worry too much about it.

bought damiao an we won a trebile just missing out on champions leauge(using PSG) NOW THIS HIS SECONDS SEASON AN MANY OF HIS STATS HAS DROPPED, why? and he the only player i see this happening to an its affecting the team cuz he use to score alot, he got the leading marksman for europe in his first season now he missing too many ccc and one on ones with the keeper

hi ppl,

how do you stop a 4 man midfield being overun by a 5 man midfield, i like playing an english 4-4-2 targetman + poacher etc but often cant compete against teams with 5 in midfield!! also probably a silly question but what does forward runs do? as in if i set to often will that mean my player will end up running away from ball to much and does rarely mean he will drop deep?

cheers benshuff85

hi ppl,

how do you stop a 4 man midfield being overun by a 5 man midfield, i like playing an english 4-4-2 targetman + poacher etc but often cant compete against teams with 5 in midfield!! also probably a silly question but what does forward runs do? as in if i set to often will that mean my player will end up running away from ball to much and does rarely mean he will drop deep?

cheers benshuff85

Runs from deep means the Forward movement the player makes without the ball to position him self higher up in the field ahead Of his marker in free space. Often, mixed and rarely in relation to his mentality sets his tendency to do so. If you are playing COUNTER, the player will make those runs even mord often.Naturally any ppms like " gets forward" or " stays back " also effect his tendency. It only has an indirect effect on the player dropping deep as à player that takes these runs rarely will be more involved in the transition phase, being more likely to make him self à good passing option.

As how to win the midfield battle, it depends on how the opposition is playing. The best way is often to try to retain possession in Advanced positions and either exploit the gap between their midfield and defence( in à 4231) or try to close out their AMRL and cut angels with your fullbacks, making you have à 6 men midfield( againts there 451)

After a corner, if the ball comes back out the box it is passed to the corner taker and he is nearly always offside its ridiculous! like 95% of the time. is there any way i can get him to learn the offside rule?

bought damiao an we won a trebile just missing out on champions leauge(using PSG) NOW THIS HIS SECONDS SEASON AN MANY OF HIS STATS HAS DROPPED, why? and he the only player i see this happening to an its affecting the team cuz he use to score alot, he got the leading marksman for europe in his first season now he missing too many ccc and one on ones with the keeper

Training is the only answer to that pal. What are his determination, work rate and teamwork stats at - they play a HUGE role in a players overall progression if he's won everything he might just sit back and not really work hard at training any more so you'll have to put him on a vigorous training regime in order for him to keep his stats up.

Training is the only answer to that pal. What are his determination, work rate and teamwork stats at - they play a HUGE role in a players overall progression if he's won everything he might just sit back and not really work hard at training any more so you'll have to put him on a vigorous training regime in order for him to keep his stats up.

thanks for the advice, i changed is training program an had a chat wit him an he scored a hatrick an his stats have started to improve.

I'm playing with Gijon, now starting 2013, being able to keep 3/4th places in La Liga, but I've got some issues that I need to sort out.
a) The team was playing nicely during 11/12 when I used teamwork as a training focus, but I had to make some changes eventually and now I'm going with attacking movement, which isn't bad, but makes me wonder if teamwork could be even better.

2 - Some players are whining about not being able to keep motivated by my team talks. I try to be passionate or assertive most of the time, but they respond better only when I talk to defenders, then mids and atts, and doesn't happen really often. Any advice about that or does it happen to everyone?

I'm playing with Gijon, now starting 2013, being able to keep 3/4th places in La Liga, but I've got some issues that I need to sort out.
a) The team was playing nicely during 11/12 when I used teamwork as a training focus, but I had to make some changes eventually and now I'm going with attacking movement, which isn't bad, but makes me wonder if teamwork could be even better.

2 - Some players are whining about not being able to keep motivated by my team talks. I try to be passionate or assertive most of the time, but they respond better only when I talk to defenders, then mids and atts, and doesn't happen really often. Any advice about that or does it happen to everyone?

Team work is important to get the squad fluid ( mord quickly) with the tactic and go get the squad gelled, to function as à team. But when you have achieved this, you can move on to using the other areas as à training or rather specific match focus. Just remember that when focusing on à specific area, you will do it on the cost Of the rest.

As for the motivation bit, can you spot à partern in what kind Of players that are having trouble motivering them selfes. Are they perhaps high achievers that are determined and proffesional and perhaps even players with à higher status then you as à manager? If so, then they enjoy the pressure and expectations Of high level football and expct you to demand à LOT from them. Dont beat about the bush, tell them that thy are great, that you expect à performance, that they did well, picked up,in the second half just like you wanted, the reaction you where looking for.

problem im facing!!! signed for madrid an my budget is over 350mil, when i tr to buy a player the prices that the other clubs want are sky high. i wanted to sign a player from my last squad that cost 14mil, they want 77mil for him, it even went as for as i been offered a player for 206mil(damiao), also ronaldo is an *******, he disrupts the team chemistry on the field, i score more when he not on the field an he tries abt 20 long range shots per match an they never on target, i cant retrain him cuz he 29 an i guess my biggest mistake was making him captain. i need a good replacement for him. he is scoring but because of him i lost to barcelona 3-1, we had so many attacks when its him an 3 others on the keeper an all he had to do was pass an its a tap in an he just shoots wildly. need help with this

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any good midfield oriented tactic/s? Apparently all the popular and successfull tactics are ones with wingers and I need one based on the midfield. Playing as PSG and I'm in my third season, so I got into one of those periods when the team is playing with no character, always ending up in boring draws... and changing the tactic doesn't do much. Even when I give it time, so I am forced to get an already made tactic for success :\

Quick question, i notice other manager get to scout players they interested in by going to their matches, am i able to do so?

Quick question, i notice other manager get to scout players they interested in by going to their matches, am i able to do so?

I don't think so, but you can send your scouts to do that for you. When asking to a scout to watch the player, you can get an individual report with his insight on the player's skills and all that or ask him to see 1-3 matches from that guy.

I don't think so, but you can send your scouts to do that for you. When asking to a scout to watch the player, you can get an individual report with his insight on the player's skills and all that or ask him to see 1-3 matches from that guy.

i kno abt that, i just notice that alot of managers come to my games to watch my players that they interested in, an sometimes my scouts are **** wit wat they see,

i kno abt that, i just notice that alot of managers come to my games to watch my players that they interested in, an sometimes my scouts are **** wit wat they see,

Yes, you can watch other games although I dont think any reporter etc recognize you as there.

Back