The " I have a small question " thread

I've just signed this regen. Would it be better to focus training on technique or pace? & how important is bravery for a center forward?

mate, can you tell me how to get regen player?
just scout the country at "the right date?"
do i need a scout with good knowledge for the country that i want to scout?

how to set 1 vs 2 defensive system...what i mean is when opps. player have the ball i want 2 or more of my player closing him down quickly what i saw from the match (even i use full match) its like they closing down the opps. one by one not at the one time...
and my second question is it good if we use close down more in deep defensive line? is it working?

you get like 20 regens into your youth team in april mate, and scouts will find them by scouting yea, better scouting knowledge will give more players

Do I have to have the same players training the back-up tactics? It seems like I do, but I know myself well enough to assume there could easily be a simple alternative I'm missing. I am running a 5-4-1 but I have a couple extra midfielders I'm saddled with for now (as they can also play WB and one can play D). I'd like ot set them up so when I switch tactics it switches those characters (as per the strategy dictates). So far, that doesn't seem possible.

When I started playing FM 2012, I used to go to searching players or staff and the game's response was quite fast, but after 2 seasons, it takes quite a while to respond, and I have no idea why that happens. Even just adding or removing a filter takes around 10 seconds for the game to reload the list, anything I can do to help that?

I've tried to make a tactic where my wingers are supposed to deliver crossers to my striker(Huntelaar). However, all the crosses end up with my other winger(who both don't have good heading attributes). I've tried different settings, such as deliver crosses to targetman, centre etc. But my striker doesn't get any changes from crosses. My wingers have good attributes(Crosses, technique, decissions) so that couldn't be the reason. Anyone can help me out and tell me how I can make my wingers deliver the crosses to my striker?

Do I have to have the same players training the back-up tactics? It seems like I do, but I know myself well enough to assume there could easily be a simple alternative I'm missing. I am running a 5-4-1 but I have a couple extra midfielders I'm saddled with for now (as they can also play WB and one can play D). I'd like ot set them up so when I switch tactics it switches those characters (as per the strategy dictates). So far, that doesn't seem possible.

All players training with the first team learns all the chosen tactics. They learn the actuall tactic- the formation, the Width , tempo etc -, not any specific role or duty that they are supposed to play.

I've tried to make a tactic where my wingers are supposed to deliver crossers to my striker(Huntelaar). However, all the crosses end up with my other winger(who both don't have good heading attributes). I've tried different settings, such as deliver crosses to targetman, centre etc. But my striker doesn't get any changes from crosses. My wingers have good attributes(Crosses, technique, decissions) so that couldn't be the reason. Anyone can help me out and tell me how I can make my wingers deliver the crosses to my striker?

The thing about crosses( and corners, free-kicks) is that they are heavily flawed and it Will take à brand new match engine to fix. Every cross actually aiming for à player is always considered to be à challenge between him and his marker. This results in that even if the winger is surrounded by 4 defenders.. BUT NOT properly by the person actually marking him,the other defenders Wont give à **** about the ball. Its always à challenge by position and that does not happen in real life. Now, if you play with à single FC, there is à good chance that he Will be marked by one or both Of the DCs but that your winger has lost his marker and moved into channels against his near post. If your player makes à cross Towards the winger, it has à good completion ratio as the DCs wont try to interfer whilst if the cross is hit towards the FC , then he Will be challanged. This results in that a bigger %-age Of the crosses are hit towards wingers since its à better choice and that à bigger %- age Of those actually being highlighted by the game as they are more dangerous( compared to those against your FC)

Naturally, your tactics will play à part to, but this is the main reason.

Last edited:
I have downloaded certain tactics from here and they suggest using different "match preparation" (the two boxes down left when you decide your squad).
Problem is that every single game I have to change it because it switches back to another one. Is this right? Or am I supposed to get this set once and for all?
Thanks.

I have downloaded certain tactics from here and they suggest using different "match preparation" (the two boxes down left when you decide your squad).
Problem is that every single game I have to change it because it switches back to another one. Is this right? Or am I supposed to get this set once and for all?
Thanks.

It sounds like you have assigned your assistant manager to handle the match prep( either that or are playing an older patch where this was à bug) Have à look in you team settings and see WHO is assigned to what.

It sounds like you have assigned your assistant manager to handle the match prep( either that or are playing an older patch where this was à bug) Have à look in you team settings and see WHO is assigned to what.

Thanks, man! The assistant manager was assigned to handle that. Now I unticked that box and everything is fine. Now, should I do anything more regarding training than setting that two boxes in the pre-match (or training) box?

I have a small question.... any good tatics and training for lower leauge clubs?

Can I get a Target Man to perform in a narrow formation like 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2? Or should I set him as Advanced Forward next to my Poacher as he can also play in that role. Cheers

What countries in Fm (any continent) have no suad registration rules, i.e. unlimited players, not required to have 8 home-gron players etc.

When does ath Bilabo regen player come through into the squad? what time into the season?

Hello.
I´m Manger from PSG (FM11) an i have discipline Problems.
What can i doing?

*sorry for my english, im from germany

How can i stop conceding goals with Blackburn, only kept 2 clean sheets in 13 games. I play either a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond or a 4-1-3-2 (with 3 att. midfielders).

HELP ?!?

Can tactics from fm 2012 made in "classic mode" be used in fm 2011?

I want to mess around with an old save with 2012 tactics, and since they are in classic mode, I am hopeful. Anyone know for certain?

Can tactics from fm 2012 made in "classic mode" be used in fm 2011?

I want to mess around with an old save with 2012 tactics, and since they are in classic mode, I am hopeful. Anyone know for certain?

Dont think the version supports it. Why dont you try it though and you will know for certain.

1. Is there a guide on how to develop youngsters? If not, could I get some tips on that? I have an idea of how and where I want to use them in the future, so how do I get the attributes up? I know its through the training, but like I want to develop Sime Vrsaljko, who's a DR, DM, MC. So currently, I just put him in the midfielder training for three months and then back to defence.

2. A couple of the players I bought have problems fitting in because either their personalities are different from the team's nature, or they can't speak the language. Do these issues go away and how important are they?

Back