The " I have a small question " thread

Watching Arsenal vs. Wolves on the telly, and I would love to emulate Arsenals high pressing game with my Arsenal in the game. When I try, I either get 8 yellow cards (hard tackling) or players do not try take to the ball at all (normal tackling).

And it would be cool if it would be possible to make those brilliant lobs/high through balls over the defense like Song so brilliantly does.

I have a small question about marking. What happens if you set a defender to man mark without selecting a specific player to mark. Does this defender choose a man to mark himself and follow the same opponent around the whole match? Or does he choose the opponent that is closest to him at any given time and follow that one if he goes out wide or cuts inside or whatever they do?

Small question about player moves. How the **** do you teach them? I mean, in FM11 it was easy, through private chats. The only way I was able to teach them was through the Backroom Meatings, when a staff member recomended.

Small question about player moves. How the **** do you teach them? I mean, in FM11 it was easy, through private chats. The only way I was able to teach them was through the Backroom Meatings, when a staff member recomended.

Right Click > Interact > Start Preferred move training

I play a very high pressing game which means that my midfield pushes up and leave a huge space between the midfield and the defenders, which means that with one long ball the opposition are attacking my defence. My two central midfielders are a ball winning mid and a deep lying playmaker. How would i be able to shorten this space, without changing the roles/formation of my team?

Is youth recruitment based on reputation or what? ie can an obscure club in BSP churn out superstars with a state of the art youth facility and recruitment?

I've had a swift scan and cant see this one addressed altho im probably wrong.

When focussing training on a certain aspect (Defending Free Kicks etc) If I change my focus do the players "remember" how to stop free kicks or will they immediately start conceding from them again. To put into context i started focussing on free kicks after conceding a lot from set pieces, I now seem to be ok from set pieces but open play im being cut apart at times - so have changed to Defensive Positioning - will this affect my free kick defence?

I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer. If certain attributes degrade and the player is still very young, will you get those points back from the CA and be able to apply them to other attributes through training?

Is youth recruitment based on reputation or what? ie can an obscure club in BSP churn out superstars with a state of the art youth facility and recruitment?

I think facility and recruitment levels give you a general idea of the quality of players your team will produce, but there's also the odd chance that you could produce either players well above or below that general quality that you're intended to produce. For example, the team I'm managing has minimal youth facilities and basic youth recruitment and is in the lowest possible league, but I produced a single 5 star prospect who could become a good striker in the top league of the country. The rest of my intake consisted of 1/2 star players. I checked his potential and it was 176, making him one of the top 25 regens in the game under 17 based on potential and 13th best based on positional rating.

Small question maybe anyone can answer.

Does the match engine differ from save to save? I have three different saves playing Arsenal. Have the same tactics in all 3 saves (Pure Perfection CCC's by Raikan007), but I have a different approach on transfer policy in all saves. In one save, van Persie scores when he wants, we score lots of goals an set pieces and running at defense and passing is great. BUT, in the other two saves, they cannot score, pass, nor run at defense on through balls at all.

I looked attributes over and all players have the same attributes in all 3 saves.

I created some tactics and wondering how to upload them?

At the top of the forum there are drop-down menus, and on the top-left there is the Tactics menu. Highlight your mouse over it and you will see an option to upload your tactic at the bottom of the three options.

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how detrimental it actually is to change tactics (almost) every game? I don't mean minor tactical tweaks like changing a couple of players' roles, but changing formation, tactical instructions, playing style, etc.

In my Sheffield Utd save (first season in the PL after successive promotions during which I rotated between a counter-attacking 4-5-1 and a more attacking 4-4-2 depending on opposition or whether I was home/away and had little problem), I get a lot of News Items talking about my 'tactical tinkering', with the suggestion that that has been detrimental to my team.

I currently have 3 tactics in the Match Prep column, the two I mentioned (with both made slightly more defensive) and a 4-2-3-1 (Deep) which I don't use that often unless it's a must-win game... Is it better that I just stick to one (or sometimes two) more balanced tactic throughout the season and just tweak it when and where necessary?

Apologies if that question is a bit too long! Just wanted to provide a bit of context to it...

How is it supposed to work in the game with Wingers when shouting "Hit early crosses", have my Wingers on Run with ball: rarely, Cross from: Deep, Cross: Often, Through balls: Often. Passing: Direct?

There must be a bug in my game because my wingers still run all way to "Byline", stops and do some kind of golf put into opposition player into throw-in or corner. As I play a direct game my 3 (winger *2 + CF) front players often comes 3-on-2 but and they never pass/cross the ball to the free striker

Are OI like shouts in that they leave manual ticked sliders/individual instructions unaffected?.

E.g. If I have a player manually set to tackle easy and I set the OI of a player to always tackle hard, when those two players meet, will my player tackle easy or hard?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

I know that to get a player to learn a new position you can play the player in that position to speed up development, but does this carry over to player roles?

For example, if I have a player who prefers to play as a ball-winning midfielder, will playing them as a playmaker help develop their technique/creativity stats? Or would playing a poacher as an advanced forward help him develop the attributes key to that position? A limited defender as a ball-player?

On a related note, other than better mental coaches, what are the best ways to develop youngsters mental stats?

On a related note, other than better mental coaches, what are the best ways to develop youngsters mental stats?

Don't know if you mean hidden or "visual" mental stats. Determination can effectivly be increased by having the younger player tutored by a player with high determination. The younger player will also "take-over" personality (mental attributes?) from the player he is beeing tutored from. If the tutor is has a "Slack" personality the younger player will be "slackier", most likeely dropped attributes in professionalism and determination where a "Model Professional" or "Resolute" would increase those attributes.This is just an incredible wild guess, but I can find great logic in mental attributes (visual) progress accelerated when beieng tutored by an older more experienced and mentally developed player

You probably meant visual attributes but since it's my first post I must write something to seem smart.

Correct Azo - I don't know anything about hidden ones, I just try to avoid signing players with a low work rate/teamwork.

My clubs finances are woeful (board bought out, still financially insecure) so I've been trying to use the U18's as much as possible. Unfortunately, it seems the youngsters and the oldies don't get on, so tutoring would almost certainly be negative. Maybe it's worth me signing an experienced player almost purely to tutor them then.

Back