The " I have a small question " thread

Forward runs

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one. Something that's bugged me for a while. How do I add a forward run to a player within a tactic. I've seen them in other people's tactics but can't seem to work out how to do it.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one. Something that's bugged me for a while. How do I add a forward run to a player within a tactic. I've seen them in other people's tactics but can't seem to work out how to do it.

Thanks.

its only possible in the classic mode,and not in the wizard mode.

What setting can I change to make my strikers lob over the keeper when getting one-on-one?

Don't say Preferred Moves Training, because then every player in PL except mine has that, they do that almost every game to me.

Basically I'm stuck downloading files such as game addons and additional leagues and its winding me up a treat! I download a file, then it doesn't even let me open it... I know you have to save it into an editor file but that's about it. Can you help me out please? I'd appreciate it!

Adz888 said:

its only possible in the classic mode,and not in the wizard mode.

Out of curiosity, do any of you guys use the classic mode? I haven't actually tried it as I'm yet to find how to turn it on...

I notice that all 3 tactics that are loaded have same tweaks for set pieces. How can I have separate setups for set pieces in each tactic? I want different set piece set up for my tactics ( one is normal, one is very offensive and one is very defensive). Isn't it possible?

feel like supernoob asking this, but how do you turn it on? and are there any downsides to it?
if you know your way round the sliders no,but if you don't yes.
Do you ever use the sliders in your tactic?
and to turn it on
click add tactic,and choose use an existing tactic and choose from the one of the frameworks listed there.
And edit everything from player instructions to team instructions by using the bar beside overview.

Is there ANY way I can manager an under 19's, or reserve squad WITHOUT managing the main one? I kinda like the idea of being able to work your way up at a club.

if you know your way round the sliders no,but if you don't yes.
Do you ever use the sliders in your tactic?
and to turn it on
click add tactic,and choose use an existing tactic and choose from the one of the frameworks listed there.
And edit everything from player instructions to team instructions by using the bar beside overview.

thanks man I'll give it a go

Help!

Basically, I'm trying very hard to not restart matches and force results, but I am getting toward the end of my patience with this game.

I've tried several tactics over time, and my team just cannot or will not produce the goods.

Is there any tactic for Liverpool I can use which might actually work? So far I have tried Rakinon's Possession tactic, and Swanselona, without any joy. In the past I've tried too many tactics to count, but my team simply will not score enough goals, and always, always concede goals at the worst possible time. Please help me before I abandon FM altogether.

I Am am having some trouble with the built up play. I want to play an direct attacking football where the goal is to start the attack from the back.
I want my centre backs to play short simple passes to the two defensive midfielders(in a deep 4-2-3-1), who plays the ball as directly as possible to the offensive midfield.
I am having some trouble to achieve this.

This is my problem:
Look at the screenshot!

View attachment 242071
Crisetig comes deep to get the ball. I want him to start the attack fast, in this case turn right and pass it the DL or play a trought ball to my AML. Instead of doing that he passes in directly back to the defender, who passes back to Crisetig and who passes back to the defender, and than it goes on and on like that.

What settings affect this behavior?

I Am am having some trouble with the built up play. I want to play an direct attacking football where the goal is to start the attack from the back.
I want my centre backs to play short simple passes to the two defensive midfielders(in a deep 4-2-3-1), who plays the ball as directly as possible to the offensive midfield.
I am having some trouble to achieve this.

This is my problem:
Look at the screenshot!

View attachment 242071
Crisetig comes deep to get the ball. I want him to start the attack fast, in this case turn right and pass it the DL or play a trought ball to my AML. Instead of doing that he passes in directly back to the defender, who passes back to Crisetig and who passes back to the defender, and than it goes on and on like that.

What settings affect this behavior?

Firstly, I would play Counter and exploit the middle, using two Dmcs/ or deep PLM on support and have à TQ in the AMC position. The thing about the deep 4231 though is that whilst its à great counter formation, its more à " soak up pressure and invite the opponent on to you" formation. This means that i the opponent does NOT attack you, they Will still sit with many men behind the ball and your team ( using the risk and reward concept) Will not be able to launch those Quick counter attacks as there is nothing to counter. Instead, they keep possession deep to try to drag the opponents onto them, getting them out of position.

But try the suggestions mentioned above and see if you can spot à difference .

Can anyone link good tactic for lower league team.. Dorchester in Blue Square Bet South.. Having struggled on tactical sides as lower teams.. so nice help would be good! ;)'

ps. fast answers would be nice

Last edited:
Loyalty Bonus - player contracts

Does anyone know what it actually does? I've been trying to work it out but can't see how it affects things.

Does anyone know what it actually does? I've been trying to work it out but can't see how it affects things.

After x number of years a player gets a loyalty bonus if the player is still at the club, it is simply saying "thanks for staying with us". In previous versions you would just use a "yearly wage rise percentage" and leave it at that, and it's effectively a way of trying to buy short term success by signing players you otherwise couldn't afford to pay by getting them on a lower wage.

Think of it as a reverse signing on fee.

Very quick tactical question from me:

I play a possession/control pased 4-5-1, and usually think I know what I'm doing... that said, I'm having trouble against teams playing 4-2-3-1 with the '2' as CMs. The 8 players overload my defence (including their wingbacks) and cause issues. I've tried man marking the opposition wingbacks with my wingers, and my DM man marks their AMC, but it still leaves space.

Any suggestions how to sort this one out and make it simple?

Can anyone link good tactic for lower league team.. Dorchester in Blue Square Bet South.. Having struggled on tactical sides as lower teams.. so nice help would be good! ;)'

ps. fast answers would be nice
help? :s

Back