The " I have a small question " thread

If I am playing with a big club, like Chelsea, should I be switching tactics between home and away matches or for bigger clubs like when I play Man U or City?

Yes and No.
If you know what approach suits the different circumstances and you know your players are capable Of playing in that way, then this is the best option.

If you dont know this and just guess, then one approach in all matches Will get you better results, especially if you are using à plug & play tactic that aims to beat the match engine rather than the opponent as these tactics are often setup in à way that they cant be slightly tweaked into à more attacking and wide way or more cautious and narrow.

How are you playing now, using the TC and the shouts or à tweaked classic version etc, have you made it your self etc ?

If

If I am playing with a big club, like Chelsea, should I be switching tactics between home and away matches or for bigger clubs like when I play Man U or City?

Yes and No.
If you know what approach suits the different circumstances and you know your players are capable Of playing in that way, then this is the best option.

If you dont know this and just guess, then one approach in all matches Will get you better results, especially if you are using à plug & play tactic that aims to beat the match engine rather than the opponent as these tactics are often setup in à way that they cant be slightly tweaked into à more attacking and wide way or more cautious and narrow.

How are you playing now, using the TC and the shouts or à tweaked classic version etc, have you made it your self etc ?

If

I have two young fullbacks. One is a natural left back, but is right-footed and accomplished at right back. The other is the opposite - naturally a right back, but left-footed and an accomplished at left back.

When I play them together, which one should play on which side?

If you wanted to replicate Zidanes role and playing style as accurate as possible, how would you do?
Ppms?
instructions?

*** manager good tactical knowledge
when a good *** managaer have a good tactical knowledge what does will effect ?​

Last edited:
Yes and No.

If

Ive tried both approaches. The plug and play tactic I used worked great except against Man U and City, so I tried to switch up tactics against those teams and use my own but it is not working as planned.

how you learn a player to use the other foot please ?

Preferred foot, train it to get better ?. You cant I am afraid. The players have been taught this since 6-years old and in FM, the developers feel that if they have not been able so far, they never will. One could argue that a 16-year old should be ablet to develop his weaker foot but for a man of 25, its not possible to get much better irl either so they have scrapped that option as a while

If you are referring to the ppm " avoid using weaker foot, then you go to a player - interaction - start preferedmove - chose coach and then chose this ppm. Not all coaches will be able to though

Did you by chance read the links I provided you with. All the info is there and if reading up on things there, I thnk you will get a much better FM-experience

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/

Football Manager? 2012.

Cheers

thanks better half you are great any hints about player interaction i have a player playing bad but he never admits it

thanks better half you are great any hints about player interaction i have a player playing bad but he never admits it

I dont know how old you are or how much experience you have from buisness, but if you are a grown up man and have worked for a couple of years, just act like in the real world.

1.) The backgroun check - get to know who you are dealing with. If its a pro, a player that likes to upset people etc

2.) What has happend

3) Why has this happend

4) What would you like to happend

5) With this info, what would the normal response be in the real world

6) Is there an option in FM thet resembles this ?

Matt: Dont hesistate to ad me to msn ( if you have already:) t[email protected]

Another really good site I have recently ( about 50 minutes ago :D ) found out about

http://fmcrowd.com/tactics/

Last edited:
Hi!

I am trying to form a perfect centre midfield partnership. I want the partnership to work like Schweinsteiger and Khediras in the german national team.

I have given both my cm's an box to box duty(support). I want them to cover each others offensive runs. When one goes forward, the other stays back covering for a potential counter attack. I am really desperate to achieve this in the FM match engine!

Is this possible? If yes, what instructions should i give them?

Why does "Overload" never work? I like the idea of throwing everything at a team when you desperatly need a goal, but everytime I use it, it's always the other team attacking.

Why does "Overload" never work? I like the idea of throwing everything at a team when you desperatly need a goal, but everytime I use it, it's always the other team attacking.

For Overload to work, it is highly dependend on 2 things

- That your formation is a balanced one ( i.e, not a 460 or a 244)
- That your have determined players

when playing a lower league team; should I make one tactic for all matches, or do I need more than one tactic for different matches (home/away, stronger/weaker team, etc)

If i do need one, does changing it to like, for example, a counter attack tactic work, or its more recommended to make a whole different formation?

Problem is that due to low wages and stuff i dont really have decent players to cover all the postitions, so it becomes quite hard to make different formations for different situations

Have any of you guys know of a good training schedule for a Lower League under 18 squad?

when playing a lower league team; should I make one tactic for all matches, or do I need more than one tactic for different matches (home/away, stronger/weaker team, etc)

If i do need one, does changing it to like, for example, a counter attack tactic work, or its more recommended to make a whole different formation?

Problem is that due to low wages and stuff i dont really have decent players to cover all the postitions, so it becomes quite hard to make different formations for different situations

A lower level team is not that different from a top level. In the end, the judgement is alike: matter of relative strengths, save for a few absolutes (like mental ability), as almost everything is a contest between your players and your opposition's. And the fact that having limited funds and talent, it is more important to know how to build around a few players.

A lower level team is not that different from a top level. In the end, the judgement is alike: matter of relative strengths, save for a few absolutes (like mental ability), as almost everything is a contest between your players and your opposition's. And the fact that having limited funds and talent, it is more important to know how to build around a few players.

I did build a nice team, pretty much 4-5 stars, for the tactic im using ofc, what I meant is, do I have to make extra tactics for different match situations (like counter attack or full defense), or just using one tactic on all the matches can be enough? I really like keeping one tactic, but idk if its the right way

And also IF i should make different tactics, do I have to change the formation or just sliders, filosophy and all that stuff? what i meant is that i do have a nice team built up, but for instance, i dont use wingers, so i dont have quality for other kinds of formations

I don't think you have to, if you're confident on its ability to outperform any opposition at your level (since at lower it's going to be the league that's your main focus). What you may do, once your default is fluid enough, is to prepare another flavour of it. An attacking if yours is defensive and think you may need to become attacking at some point or more defensive if your's attacking. That's so when the need arises you eliminate any difficulty from lack of understanding of the changes. However, I don't think those would be a big issue.

is my computer good enough to run FM 2012? its an intel core 2 dual CPU using windows 7

Back