The " I have a small question " thread

Hi. I'm playing with Manchester United and I'm having decent success. But almost every time I sub on players when I'm leading the subs are looking complacent. Now, I assume it's because I'm too lazy to give a 'team talk' when I'm subbing them on, but what should I tell them when I'm 5-0 and it's 15 minutes left of the game? Cheers.

Hi. I'm playing with Manchester United and I'm having decent success. But almost every time I sub on players when I'm leading the subs are looking complacent. Now, I assume it's because I'm too lazy to give a 'team talk' when I'm subbing them on, but what should I tell them when I'm 5-0 and it's 15 minutes left of the game? Cheers.

I would give the same talk as you give the players at half time leading: passionatly, i have faith, you can make à difference

Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I was reading some of the possession based tactics on here and decided to have a go at making my own. However, I'm struggling to get lots of passes made, especially by one player. I've tried setting a playmaker but I still somehow only manage around 30 or 40 maximum passes for a player in one match. So, is there anything I should do to increase the amount of passes I can get one player to make? I'm starting with Barcelona to make setting up the tactic easier, so obviously I'm using Xavi as the person I want to make the most passes.

How much of a reflection on a tactic is it in holiday mode? Reason I ask is, because I am fed up of creating a tactic, to then start a new game, plan all the pre-season and then come the first 10 games I pick up very little points.

I have just created what on the face of it looks a very solid, counter attacking tactic and in holiday mode it is performing very well and conceding very little, now in game is my assistant changing this tactic or is this a fair reflection on my created tactic?

An answer on this ASAP would be very well appreciated.

I am playing a pretty standard 4-2-3-1. The last key to a perfect tactic is to get my amc to be more consistent. He is supposed to play as a central winger, moving from side to side receiveing passes at the flank and make space for other players. But as you may understand i am not really happy with the way he play. I feel that he is to restericted to the middle, he dosen't really move to the flanks as i want him to.
This is his instructions:
Role: Advanced playmaker(support)
Mentality: 19
Creative freedom: 18
Roam from position: Yes
run from deep: Sometimes
Wide play: Sideline
--------------------

What can i do to make him move roam more? PPms, instructions?

Hi, no matter how many times I set my throw in tactics to 'short' and set players to 'come short' my players insist on long throws in the opposition half into the box. Too often this has resulted in a quick counter attack and sometimes a goal conceeded.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong or anything more I can do to prevent this problem?
Cheers,
Daniel

Hi, no matter how many times I set my throw in tactics to 'short' and set players to 'come short' my players insist on long throws in the opposition half into the box. Too often this has resulted in a quick counter attack and sometimes a goal conceeded.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong or anything more I can do to prevent this problem?
Cheers,
Daniel
Are you playing with Stoke?

I don't know if this is already posted somewhere so bear with me.

I would like a stickied thread with hints/tips/tactics for countering certain opposition play styles.

I was just killed away by Newscastle while playing as Arsenal, lost 5-1. Next week I beat United 4-0 at home with the same tactic.

Maybe there already is something like this? Otherwise it would be a nice addition to the forum

Which is the best possesion tactic on the forums?

Do you mean the tactic that gets the highest possession, or the possession tactic( that restrict the opponents to having possession in dangerous positions and where you have 60% +) that gets the best results ?

I would like to play a tactic,that concedes very little goals,but scores a LOT as well.Please help.
I am Aston Villa in the first season.
I sold Heskey.
Ideally want to play with quick strikers.
Cheers.

Back