What team would someone suggest as a good one to test my 'Smash & Grab' tactic with? Preferably English leagues.
I

Is that not a bit hard to answer ?. I mean, we have no idea what kind of approach that is. If its a really fluid and attacking 424 playing on the counter where the wingers are the key to success, then perhaps you should use a strong team with good wingers. If the tactic is a narrow diamond, playing ultra defensive , holding possesion until the right moment comes and then bang !!, maybe then a underdog in the League one with no wingers but with 3 really good DMC//MC is to prefer

All right I have a small problem. It has bugged me throughout my time at fm 11 as well. Thing is I have been encountering ridiculous amount of instances when my wide players have the ball in the box and they always chose to take a shot from a crazy angle instead of feeding to a guy standing 3 4 yard ahead of them waiting for a tap in. This happens with the strikers as well and they try to score goals from impossible angles, but I can understand that due to some selfishness or whatever. It really comes to bite me in the *** against strong opponents.I've not tinkered with the sliders in PI at all and have been playing with a balanced philosophy and control strategy, passing is set to default, what should I do?

I'm sorry in advance if questions are stupid, but I have to ask :)
1) Is there any attribute which determinates how much will a player stick to the tactical plan?
2) And I'm also interested in how tactics, instructions and player attributes affect each other? I mean if a player is very creative (15+) and i restrict his creativity to be almost minimal, then in the match, will he have less options to pass the ball or what?

can anyone tell me what is run at defense and play through defense

which folder do i put my downloaded tactics in so i can use them in the game as i cant fin it

which folder do i put my downloaded tactics in so i can use them in the game as i cant fin it

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics. If you haven't got a tactics folder then create one.

i was on a 15 game unbeaten run dominating everything playing the best teams and winning, out of nothing i start losing no injuries no tiredness i just have all these little blips in my form why is that what can i do to sort it out ?

How do I train my young/talents in a very effective and short way?
I have a young striker 21years old he scored more then he played. around 25app/28goals.
But how can I make him better overall? or to be more effective: make him better at let's say long shots?
he plays every match...

what about defenders?
i got 2young defenders.

How many teams and what kind would you guys test a formation with before posting it up here? I've one with my San Marino teams thats yeilding 55-60% possesion (in most games) , and i've had 8 CCC in my last 4 games on the bounce, including a super cup win against Parma 7-1.

View attachment 205975

Its a variation on a 451 i played last season but i've pushed one on the MC, into another ST and they've gone nuts so far this season.

How many teams and what kind would you guys test a formation with before posting it up here? I've one with my San Marino teams thats yeilding 55-60% possesion (in most games) , and i've had 8 CCC in my last 4 games on the bounce, including a super cup win against Parma 7-1.

View attachment 205975

Its a variation on a 451 i played last season but i've pushed one on the MC, into another ST and they've gone nuts so far this season.

I would test it long enough to learn the following.

- With what kind of players - skills and ppms - it performs in a certain way and what one can expect if using it with different players

- Why the flow of the game looks like it does

- How it performs against teams sitting deep versus teams attacking you. How it performs against better teams and lesser teams and most of all, why

- How it performs playing with team with Superb morale, ok morale and poor morale. How it performs with players NOT putting in the effort resulting in the players not closing down the opponent( down to them being tired, over confident, lack of morale)

When knowing all theres factors, I would say that you have enough material to tweak it slghtly to make it evernbetter and then make suggestments as when to use the tactic.

How long does this take then ?
- Well, it would depend how good you are in reading the game but somewhere between 60 -120 matches is my guess.

Cheers i've only been playing it throughout preseason so far, but seems to suit my guys, will play through to the end of season and see how it plays then. might just be the right formation for my guys ^_^

Just wondered how much research you guys out in or if you just holiday a season with various teams at differing levels and league. etc..

Last edited:
hello,
my name is tsur and i want to upload a new tactic but my english is not good enough to write the whole comment.
if some one can upload it for me it would be great.
(i hope this is the right place for posting it, if not forgive me)

Quick question that has honestly been frustrating me ever since I started playing in FM10. What in the world can I do when my assistant tells me the team is missing "way too many easy passes." This seems to happen either when I am overwhelmed by a far stronger opponent or facing a greatly inferior opponent. Anything I can do before or during the match, because it is super frustrating. I know teams lay eggs from time to time in real life, but some games it just seems like my side is entirely off.

i can never download tactics keeps trying to put them in the adobe reader then telling me i cant any help would be great as i would like to spend some time testing tactics cheers fro any help

just save them directly into your tactics folder, you don't need to open them before you select them in game.

just save them directly into your tactics folder, you don't need to open them before you select them in game.

not sure this is for me but i click on the tactic and it goes straight to that so im really not sure how to work or change it
computers not my strong point

Okay, Lets go to the very start. You click the tactic from the website? Or you click it in it's folder?

To change or adapt formations you have to do all that in game, you can't change a tactic outside of the game itself. Not sure if that is what you are getting at or not?

If you want to use the tactic and everything is saved in the right space (PC USER? c:/ Documents / Sports interactive / Football Manager 2012 / *CREATE A FOLDER HERE CALLED TACTICS* then just place all your downloaded tactics there) You should be able to boot up the game, go into your tactics team page then select tactics, archieved tactics, and they should all appear there....

?! does that help at all?

guys, I am having a problem (i am a bit of a beginner so go easy on me). My assistant manager is constantly getting onto me for my match preparation training. he says i should put it to a high level to ensure success, but i already have it on HIGH??????

guys, I am having a problem (i am a bit of a beginner so go easy on me). My assistant manager is constantly getting onto me for my match preparation training. he says i should put it to a high level to ensure success, but i already have it on HIGH??????

Either change it to VERY high and that should fix it. Or just go into Team Policy's and tick the box that says "Let assistant handle pre-match preparation"

Okay, Lets go to the very start. You click the tactic from the website? Or you click it in it's folder?

To change or adapt formations you have to do all that in game, you can't change a tactic outside of the game itself. Not sure if that is what you are getting at or not?

If you want to use the tactic and everything is saved in the right space (PC USER? c:/ Documents / Sports interactive / Football Manager 2012 / *CREATE A FOLDER HERE CALLED TACTICS* then just place all your downloaded tactics there) You should be able to boot up the game, go into your tactics team page then select tactics, archieved tactics, and they should all appear there....

?! does that help at all?

yeah it does needed to know how to put them into my game! i knew i would have to use the game to edit the tactic,

thanks for all your help :)