The Leeds United Thread

I've seen the new owners has some problems in totally taking over the club or some problems with Bates, what's going on there?

And one more question, the new owners are any rich for putting Leeds back in Premier League? Any closure to Man City sheiks (talking about rich).

It's a long story :p But basically...
The takeover took ages, way way too long. Went on for months with many negotiations and it was unknown whether it would happen or not. Then finally the takeover happened in December (I think it was) but Bates will remain as chairman until the end of the season. He will then 'move upstairs' as honorary president, though hopefully will have no say in the running of the club (GFH say he won't, hope they're right).
Now your 2nd question is an interesting one. The short answer is we don't know but it doesn't seem like they have a tonne of cash :/ When the takeover happened they said 'we won't spend madly' which was certainly true for January. This has led many fans to believe they have no money and we're still financially weak, some going as far as to say this is all a master Bates plot (I don't agree with that). This was further fuelled by the speculation of others wanting to buy the club and GFH welcoming any investment, as long as it suits them. They've apparently turned down a bid for a 51% stake in the club. I think they want a similar financial plan as Arsenal, have many different investors and I am certainly ok with that (Arsenal are a great model to follow).
Overall I'm not sure how rich they are. They are a Dubai based company and the parent company of GFH recently announced a £7 mill profit for the year I think. GFH also recently invested 'a 7 figure sum' into the club for running costs, which is a little concerning but shows they are willing to put money in. I'm hoping that when summer comes and the better deals are available (compared to January at least) they will splash some cash and give the manager (whoever it may be) a decent war chest to challenge for promotion. They've already come in for a lot of stick from some fans (unfairly imo) but they recently reduced tickets for a Leeds game to get more fans in (got 25k, 4000 higher than average) and this was the first time it has happened in something like 6 years. So basically I'm waiting until the summer to make a proper judgement about them.
Sorry for the essay, I said it was complicated!

Oh, I see, although Arsenal are not a great model to follow. :p

Oh, I see, although Arsenal are not a great model to follow. :p
financially they are, one of the best run clubs! And hey champions league every year, wish we had anything close to that :p

More of a race between Chelsea and Arsenal about who will end the season as biggest laughing stock.
not sure anyone can beat Chelsea for that title. At least they'll win something...

Similar model to Arsenal. Have a number of different investors owning the club to ease the financial burden on each individual but have a decent amount of wealth for the club overall to hopefully make it prosper. Invest a little each, get a lot overall and get Leeds to PL then sell for huge profit. Big win for everyone with less risk than doing it all yourself. Well it's like that in theory/ I hope anyway

Quite risky if this turns into a new Coventry City case.

Very happy to have Mcdermott as the new manager

Very happy to have Mcdermott as the new manager

As good an appointment as any. He'll have the whole rest of the season and the summer to shape the squad as well so I see you mounting a serious playoff challenge next season. Maybe need a couple more quality players to aim for automatic places.

As good an appointment as any. He'll have the whole rest of the season and the summer to shape the squad as well so I see you mounting a serious playoff challenge next season. Maybe need a couple more quality players to aim for automatic places.
always nice to have a winning start too ;)
I just hope the owners invest! No one has any idea really how much they have or how much they'll invest so will be interesting. In his first press conference Mcdermott did seem to think he would be backed in the summer. But next season will so be so tough for promotion. QPR will more than likely buy the league, Reading will be tough and so will the 3rd team coming down. Not to mention the teams that miss out this season too!

always nice to have a winning start too ;)
I just hope the owners invest! No one has any idea really how much they have or how much they'll invest so will be interesting. In his first press conference Mcdermott did seem to think he would be backed in the summer. But next season will so be so tough for promotion. QPR will more than likely buy the league, Reading will be tough and so will the 3rd team coming down. Not to mention the teams that miss out this season too!

Agree about Reading. Good championship squad which will mostly be kept together and the know-how from their recent success as well as Adkins. Not sure about QPR though. They have a lot of players on ridiculous wages who will want/ need to leave, or the club could find itself with some serious debts. As we've seen in recent seasons, the relegated teams find it hard to reverse the negative momentum.

As if we have our own thread mental!

I was there tonight it was a brilliant performance as good as I have seen us play a long time, Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt absolutely ran the show, Cook was everywhere he was like a rash! Worldie of a goal by Mowatt and we finally won at home! Madness!

DsYlSao.jpg

As if we have our own thread mental!

I was there tonight it was a brilliant performance as good as I have seen us play a long time, Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt absolutely ran the show, Cook was everywhere he was like a rash! Worldie of a goal by Mowatt and we finally won at home! Madness!

Made up for yer mate.

No real love for Leeds given our 'rivalry' over the years. But you lads deserve something to be happy over.

So we got to fourth round, would be interesting to see who we could get in tomorrows draw.

Good to see that we might have singed a good winger. And get some pace and attacking power we need. Now Dallas and Mustapha Carayol should be decent wingers to push for playoff spot. Could now use some experienced midfielder and lets hope our academy players wont be bought.

And this was one **** nice debut goal:

https://twitter.com/UnitedL33ds/status/685855777727340544?lang=en

Did not realise you was a white, we got Eastleigh or Bolton away, will take either tbh because Bolton are shocking!