The Liverpool FC Team FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Tezzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 180K
I quite liked having Sterling on LW playing either Raumdeuter or IF Attack, with Markovic on the RW, playing either Winger - Support/Attack. I've since added players like Reus, Depay and Roberts to my squad, so I have to juggle them around a lot, but they all seem to perform well.

EDIT: Also test Wilson and Kent when you can, they are potentially decent wingers to support the main two.

wilson an kent turned out pretty poor in mine ojo an rossiter were the only 2 who became very good ojo has is turning into a beast

wilson an kent turned out pretty poor in mine ojo an rossiter were the only 2 who became very good ojo has is turning into a beast

Ojo is looking a little poor on mine, but Rossiter is very good, he's playing a rotational role with JWP for me currently, with Tielemans rotating with Henderson.

Won the league with 5 games to spare. Won the league cup and in the QF of the Champions League.

Aside from wasting £14m on Sokratis Papastathopoulos in the expectation that Skrtel was leaving (he was talking to Real Madrid but couldn't agree personal terms) I didn't spend much in the first year. I got rid of Toure and also replaced Johnson with Douglas. I've been surprised by some players - Ballotelli did quite well and Borini was my top scorer (Sturridge suffered a few injuries), but I was happy with the strikers. Allen was the positive surprise in midfield, playing mostly as a roaming playmaker and Lallana the big disappointment - I just couldn't get performances from him. I was also slightly surprised that Sakho outperformed Lovren in the left DC position, especially once I trained him to pass short. Sterling has mostly been played as a Shadow Striker behind the front two - he's scored 8 and made 11 in the league alone - I also got him to fire his agent then signed him up to a long contract with no minimum fee clause.

I have a few young players already committed to joining for next season, but no first-teamers yet (Fabian Schar from Basel may be a backup though) and have some ideas on who's leaving - Mignolet (if I can find a replacement), Lovren, Enrique, Lallana, Ballotelli and Borini are all for the chop. Aside from Ballotelli I think I have replacements in mind for each - he's done well, but the mood swings are difficult to deal with.

I don't want to bring in big-name players so will be scouting for bargains or relative unknowns I can develop along with some of the good youngsters already in place.

Out of curiosity, who has done what with Mignolet? Personally, I ditched him to Fiorentina, and brought in Butland who has been nothing short of superb. Just wondered if ditching him was a common trend.

Out of curiosity, who has done what with Mignolet? Personally, I ditched him to Fiorentina, and brought in Butland who has been nothing short of superb. Just wondered if ditching him was a common trend.

He's actually been pretty solid for me. But planning on selling him as I've got a crush on Ter Stegen from past FM's and have confirmed a bid for him!

He's actually been pretty solid for me. But planning on selling him as I've got a crush on Ter Stegen from past FM's and have confirmed a bid for him!

I would have loved to sign Ter Stegen, immense keeper. Got him for around 5m at the end of season 1 last year. I sold Mignolet in the January though when I sold him, so I needed a keeper that could play CL as well. I had a choice between Butland and Horn initially, but Horn was cup-tied, so Butland signed.

As a side note on Ter Stegen, I did consider going for him in my current season, but after putting 7 past him at Anfield in the group stages, I was slightly less sold on the idea.

Mignolet did OK for me in the first season, but I have enough nagging doubts and I don't see him as a long term first choice 'keeper. The problem that I have is there's no-one really available at a sensible price to replace him although I've brought in Timo Horn - he could be a contender and has better long term potential.

I've always found Ter Stegen to be a bit overrated by players. Handling 13 and one on ones at 14 is far from world class.

I'm about to start season 2. I've had a massive clear out selling Coates (£1.7m), Wisdom (£4.9m), Assaidi (£7.5m), Aspas (£7.75m), Enrique (£8.5m), Markovic (£11.5m), Lovren (£23m) and Ballotelli (£34m), plus over 30 other players released or on a free.

Incoming has been Jordy Clasie (£9m), Jurgen Locadia (£9m and loaned back to PSV), Eder Alvarez Balanta (£7.5m - looks like he could be a great defender), Nicola Murru (£6m), Javi Manquillo (£5m) and Timo Horn (£3.8m) plus a bunch of U18 player with potential.

Divok Origi and Harry Wilson have been promoted to the first team and will play frequently (I think Origi may be first choice to play alongside either Sturridge or Borini). Bringing Wilson in was what allowed me to sell Markovic and even though the club made a loss on him I'm happy with the swap. From the rest of the youngsters McLaughlin, Suso, Ojo and Kent are all showing great promise and out on loan again this season. Ibe, Rossiter and Sinclair are also out on loan, but look average potential at best. The U21 team now contains no players at the club.

My U18 team is filled with some great prospects - I'd brought in Ould-Chikh the previous year along with Juninho Bacuna and Alper Ademoglu and added another half dozen 4* or better prospects. The U18s team will be playing U21 matches as well this season - I'll be manually setting them to be available for the U21s each game.

The only real difficulty I've had in re-shaping the squad was Lallana - he was a huge disappointment in the first season and is effectively my fourth choice attacking midfielder. Given his value and salary I'm not sure that's sustainable but I've been unable to find anyone to buy him, or even take him on loan for a reasonable percentage of his wage. I've removed him from the list and sent Suso back on loan to give another chance.

As mentioned before, I'm not convinced by Mignolet at all (despite some good performances and helping the team to the league title and European Cup!) and I'm preferring Timo Horn in pre-season. Having a backup 'keeper who is now valued at £17m seems a bit excessive and I may try and sell him before that drops. If there's someone good enough for a first choice, or a great prospect I'd bring them in instead.

Hi im also liverpool but i cant find half the staff that you have got like jaap stam, mauro tassotti, pedro jaro any idea why i cant find them in the search.

Hi im also liverpool but i cant find half the staff that you have got like jaap stam, mauro tassotti, pedro jaro any idea why i cant find them in the search.

Think its to do with what leagues you've got playable and the size of your database. I've got Holland, England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, USA, & Belgium playable with a large database and those staff are all there.

I've always found Ter Stegen to be a bit overrated by players. Handling 13 and one on ones at 14 is far from world class.

Yeah he's one of them were their stats seem average but produce world-class performances. Like Wellington Nem on FM14.

Think its to do with what leagues you've got playable and the size of your database. I've got Holland, England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, USA, & Belgium playable with a large database and those staff are all there.

Slows your game down a tad surely? I've only got England loaded as I transferred my game from the demo.

I play with every possible country and league loaded with a large database. It does slow it down, but I like to take my time anyway and I like the detail it brings.

I play with every possible country and league loaded with a large database. It does slow it down, but I like to take my time anyway and I like the detail it brings.

EVERY league? wow! What Laptop do you have?

I also signed Paul Pogba, however Joe Allen ( I exchanged him in the deal) couldn't agree terms with Juventus. Actually rather ****** off haha

I also signed Paul Pogba, however Joe Allen ( I exchanged him in the deal) couldn't agree terms with Juventus. Actually rather ****** off haha

Allen was one of my surprises in season 1, playing really well consistently so I kept him around. He's no Pogba, but fits in with the way I want to play and is very effective playing in either of my two central mid positions. What was the deal for Pogba?

Back