The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Maybe I'm locked in my Italian loving ways but I would take Aquilani in my midfield over Nasri.

Can completely understand why teams/fans at CFC/MCFC/MUFC would want Aquilani, brilliant player who fans love.

I'm sorry but have Liverpool ever said that they were even going to sell Aquilani? The only report I've read that has directly quoted Dalglish is that he thought Aquilani is a quality player and said that there's a very good chance he could feature next season. The only person who's ever said anything about Aquilani leaving is his agent, who by the way is clearly a ****, so don't defend him. Plus it seems everybody on here who has a problem with Aquilani being sold don't even support Liverpool, WTF!? Pretty sure these are the same people who were ******* themselves 2 years ago when we signed him, calling him a waste of money..

Also to the comment above, Aquilani over Nasri? What? Are you drunk or something? I mean sure he had a good season last season but he's inconsistant and injury-prone, Nasri is a God.

By the way don't get me wrong, I'm a big Aquilani fan and hope he gets a chance I just cba to read pages and pages of this **** anymore, driving me insaaaaaaneeee, and stop comparing him with Adam, it's retarded.

Last edited:
LFC are hardly screaming ''We love you Aquilani, we value you as a player and wont send you on loan to Fiorentina'' which by the way did nearly happen. I made my points on Aquilani's family not even living in England anymore simply because he has no idea where he stands...

Nasri had half a good season Aquilani has had 3 good seasons in Italy...

Aquilani is just my preference as a player I would want in my midfield.

But yeah let's go off the topic of Aquilani,

Jose Enrique reports are heating up, the fee is nominal but his 60k a week wage demands could be a stumbling block. Then again LFC are hardly scared to pay players good money...

Would be the solution to the LB slot, just need another CB now and job is pretty much done for the window.

I'm sorry but have Liverpool ever said that they were even going to sell Aquilani? The only report I've read that has directly quoted Dalglish is that he thought Aquilani is a quality player and said that there's a very good chance he could feature next season. The only person who's ever said anything about Aquilani leaving is his agent, who by the way is clearly a ****, so don't defend him. Plus it seems everybody on here who has a problem with Aquilani being sold don't even support Liverpool, WTF!? Pretty sure these are the same people who were ******* themselves 2 years ago when we signed him, calling him a waste of money..

Also to the comment above, Aquilani over Nasri? What? Are you drunk or something? I mean sure he had a good season last season but he's inconsistant and injury-prone, Nasri is a God.

By the way don't get me wrong, I'm a big Aquilani fan and hope he gets a chance I just cba to read pages and pages of this **** anymore, driving me insaaaaaaneeee, and stop comparing him with Adam, it's retarded.

Pretty sure i liked Aquilani from the start, But Jamie pretty much sums it up above. Was consistent and fit all last year

LFC are hardly screaming ''We love you Aquilani, we value you as a player and wont send you on loan to Fiorentina'' which by the way did nearly happen. I made my points on Aquilani's family not even living in England anymore simply because he has no idea where he stands...

Jose Enrique reports are heating up, the fee is nominal but his 60k a week wage demands could be a stumbling block. Then again LFC are hardly scared to pay players good money...

Would be the solution to the LB slot, just need another CB now and job is pretty much done for the window.

I fully expect him to be here next season, with an impressive pre season - Kenny being a fan for many years, expressing this in his book, and the fact we won't want to lose £10m he will be here to fight for his spot and hopefully show the quality he has.

When injury free he is one of the best in the league, he was fantastic last season and dominated serie A with Roma. Top player who when played in an advanced role in his few games for us in his first season had some top, top games. Still remember his passing vs Arsenal in the cup, top notch.

I've said this all weeks ago but I just feel the need to keep reiterating it for some reason. =D

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Freeing up some of Jova's and Cole's wages could probably pay for Jose Enrique's in themselves.

Also seeing alot of Barton links to us, don't Kenny, just don't. We have a good midfield and we don't need an idiot like him.

I fully expect him to be here next season, with an impressive pre season - Kenny being a fan for many years, expressing this in his book, and the fact we won't want to lose £10m he will be here to fight for his spot and hopefully show the quality he has.

When injury free he is one of the best in the league, he was fantastic last season and dominated serie A with Roma. Top player who when played in an advanced role in his few games for us in his first season had some top, top games. Still remember his passing vs Arsenal in the cup, top notch.

I've said this all weeks ago but I just feel the need to keep reiterating it for some reason. =D

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Freeing up some of Jova's and Cole's wages could probably pay for Jose Enrique's in themselves.

Also seeing alot of Barton links to us, don't Kenny, just don't. We have a good midfield and we don't need an idiot like him.

I'd like Aquaman to remain here but it all depends on the player's desire to stay or to go doesn't it ? No matter how he rates him technically, KK will not want a player who isn't happy to play for him will he ?

I'm very confident he would like to remain here if he is shown that he is wanted.

Need to publicly say that we want him to fend off interested clubs.

I'm very confident he would like to remain here if he is shown that he is wanted.

Exactly, he doesnt feel wanted, but he wants to stay

Excellent again last season with Juve too

Just had a look at the Liverpool sign Aquilani thread,

Yes- Hes a great player

22 - 75.86%
No- Cant be able to gel with the team

7 - 24.14%

Surely the fact that we are rejecting these offers proves that we want to keep him? Everytime a so called bid for Aquilani starts to die his agent throws up another one. Juventus, Fiorentina and now Milan (amongst overs) have all been 'close to signing him' according to his agent yet nothing has developed. Dalglish has already publicly said that he wants Aquilani to be in his squad for next season and I think (not 100%) that John Henry said something about him on twitter? There's obviously something dodgy going on and I blame the guys agent.

Just had a look at the Liverpool sign Aquilani thread,

Yes- Hes a great player

22 - 75.86%
No- Cant be able to gel with the team

7 - 24.14%

Fair enough, polls on this site are hardly reliable though ;) Also, that thread didn't really get many comments, which leads me to believe Liverpool fans would have been the majority of voters. Check out some of the other Aquilani threads, mostly people saying how Liverpool fail etc. But yeah don't worry.

Well if we are rejecting offers it can be from that or that we do not want a loss of £7-10m.

Personally want him to stay, depth is something we haven't seen since...I don't even know when.

Agree with Irish Scouse, the club need to come out and say he isn't for sale, and he will feature this season. Only then will the rumours die down, and he'll feel wanted.

Well if we are rejecting offers it can be from that or that we do not want a loss of £7-10m.

Personally want him to stay, depth is something we haven't seen since...I don't even know when.

Liverpool have been coy, mentioning things like Italian clubs struggling with wages. He just needs to be publicly and privately straightforward on keeping him. Meireles would be the one i'd shift

Agree with Irish Scouse, the club need to come out and say he isn't for sale, and he will feature this season. Only then will the rumours die down, and he'll feel wanted.

Exactly what ive been saying, Liverpool have hardly been forthcoming in saying they want him

Exactly what ive been saying, Liverpool have hardly been forthcoming in saying they want him

Exactly, it's not hard to release a simple statement.

Aquilani > Mereiles > Adam in my honest opinion. I honestly don't know why we signed Adam but meh, we'll see what happens.

Exactly, it's not hard to release a simple statement.

Aquilani > Mereiles > Adam in my honest opinion. I honestly don't know why we signed Adam but meh, we'll see what happens.

Both are better defensively, both have a great passing range, both are better offensively. Adam is the better deep player, Aqua is better advanced player. Both would be better service men to Carroll, particularly Adam

As you say though, out of the two (Aqua & Mereiles) I'd rather keep Aquilani..

Thoughts on us bringing in Gary Cahill? Just rumours at the moment but they have been strong enough to get a reaction out of Coyle about it according to BBC sport. I'd love him to be brought in personally. Him and Enrique and we're almost there, I may be getting greedy but I'd love us to raid villa again and get Albrighton for the other wing

Back