The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think Coyle basically said it's complete and utter fantasy, made up by tabloids who wanted to print a back page story...

Apparently LFC have scouted him at various points but made no approach or contact with BWFC.

I'm pretty sure Coyle was saying completely and utterly that the story was made up, was hardly coy/reflective on the matter. Scott Dann is more likely in my opinion especially given BCFC's position at the minute.

Coyle comments:

This story is without a shred of foundation,’ he said. ‘It is irresponsible. To just reel words off is in poor taste.

‘Nothing surprises you in football but people should have more knowledge of the background for anything before they write it.

‘It doesn't faze me. I am not raging about it. I am just making a point.’

Bolton maintain that no formal bids have been made for the England international, and although they may privately expect Cahill to leave, Coyle insists the player’s only focus is the new season with Wanderers.

‘Gary had been through that much and read so many things, he is really focused. That is the way we will treat it,’ he added.

‘It is not difficult for me either because there is nothing to chat about.

‘There are 27 days left. This is another one. Nothing has happened, there is nothing concrete, there is nothing to report.

‘If someone leaves, it will be the right business for the club but I don't pre-occupy myself with thoughts like that when I have a team to prepare for the rest of the season.'

Doesn't sound like your typical ''It's rubbish...At the moment.'' Or a leaving the door open sort of statement...

Dann is more likely, would much rather LFC signed Coates. And from a pure nostalgic point of view I would like Lugano...

Perfect CB for Liverpool is Kjaer, compliments Agger/Carragher well and brings an aerial dominance to the front. Would be cheap as well, Roma had a 6m euros bid turned down and got told to come back with 8.5m. Brilliant CB, good on the ball as well will really add to LFC.

Last edited:
Joe Cole's sold his house...

no he hasnet, that was all rumours as well... he house is not even up for sale

If Bit late i apologise But:
- Enrique looks only a matter of time with a fee of 6-8mil rising to 10mil with add ons

- Cahill / Dann / Shawcross - one will be brought, Cahill is rumoured to be 13mil Plus N'gog, Dann may be cheaper but birmingham are being very stubborn at present. Shawcross is the back up choice

- Marco Bueno is seen as the back up striker if Ngog goes but mainly playing for reserves unless needed, They are hoping he is the next Chicharito (but unlikely)

- Carroll, Suarez, Kuyt and Bueno will be the main strikers

no he hasnet, that was all rumours as well... he house is not even up for saleIf Bit late i apologise But:- Enrique looks only a matter of time with a fee of 6-8mil rising to 10mil with add ons- Cahill / Dann / Shawcross - one will be brought, Cahill is rumoured to be 13mil Plus N'gog, Dann may be cheaper but birmingham are being very stubborn at present. Shawcross is the back up choice- Marco Bueno is seen as the back up striker if Ngog goes but mainly playing for reserves unless needed, They are hoping he is the next Chicharito (but unlikely) - Carroll, Suarez, Kuyt and Bueno will be the main strikers
Is Marco Bueno a player that has escaped my radar? I only know of Alberto, out of the loop transfer wise on holiday in the Balkans...

Is Marco Bueno a player that has escaped my radar? I only know of Alberto, out of the loop transfer wise on holiday in the Balkans...

Marco Bueno is a young mexican lad we signed from pachuca after a quality u17 world cup

The talk of the terrace!: The new Chicharito? What Liverpool fans can actually expect from Marco Bueno

[h=3]The new Chicharito? What Liverpool fans can actually expect from Marco Bueno[/h]
From the Mirror

Liverpool fans have become used to seeing new faces arrive this summer following big money acquisitions of stars like Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam.
And yet, should Kenny Dalglish decide to take the plunge, one of the club's best signings could also be the least heralded: 17-year-old Mexican Marco Bueno.

[h=3]No QPR move for Cole as star vows to fight for Liverpool future[/h]
The talk of the terrace!: No QPR move for Cole as star vows to fight for Liverpool future

Ah right, so he isn't the next big thing then? Thought Liverpool had high hopes for him but I dont really hear much about him now

yeh we did, and he looked good, but the last year or so he hasnt really progressed, abnd hence has not had any time in the first team. he also siad he wants to leave.

he may still come good, but 2 managers now have not used him, so i am not confident he has a future here.

I have never rated Pachecho and thats being honest, Can do it at lower level and in youth but cant step up

He's been playing with a bad foot.

He has 2 of them :P

But seriously, Pacheco is a crafty little player but for some reason he just cant cut it at the highest level yet. Id suggest loaning him for one more season to see if he improves, If not just sell him next year

God! Really hope we don't sign Cahill. Such an average player.

Shawcross or Samba for me.

God! Really hope we don't sign Cahill. Such an average player.

Shawcross or Samba for me.

Id actually prefer Dann over any of them, and shouldnt cost as much. Hope we bet the gunners to him :)

Id actually prefer Dann over any of them, and shouldnt cost as much. Hope we bet the gunners to him :)

I've not really seen him that much so I didn't want to comment. But my mate who is a gunners fan has been saying since 2 seasons ago that Dann is a great player. So I don't know. Put it this way, I wouldn't be upset if we signed him.

Id prefer Cahill, I really rate him as a player, plus he can still improve and he is already a regular premier league CB

Dann i wouldnt mind but due to expeirience in the top flight id prefer Cahill

Back