The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Aquilani made more passes last season in Serie A than any other Juve player.

Any Serie A club would take him back, it's a case of getting assurances from the club he's important so he can moved his family over from Torino.

There is a reason people in Italy call him aquaman...

He looks a little like the comic character,

5e95bad4c4.jpg

His young family is still in Torino simply because he doesn't know where he stands, here's his wife if LFC fans aren't familiar with her:
michela-quattrociocche-alberto-aquilani-d4596.jpg
No problem in settling in, all he wants is assurances he's needed and wanted by Liverpool Football Club.
Chelsea/European top clubs would take him in a heartbeat because everyone can see his talent.

Would not rule out a Manchester City move for him (Very likely in my opinion) since De Rossi looks like renewing with Roma...

Last edited:
queue* Aquilani* Meireles* for future reference. ;)

Im a speedy typer so have no time to check my spellings.... Anyway its just too **** hard to remember the names :P

Notice above added post to my last post. :)

And Im sorry for mis spelling their names :)

Jamie, may be no harm to spoiler the picture of the wife, bit too big :)

Another reason to keep him :P

I trust our clubs decision. I wouldn't worry about it.

If Liverpool sell him to Manchester City for 12 million you would be happy with the clubs decision?

It was the Charlie Adam purchase that made me think ''oh dear what are they doing Meireles or Aquilani is going to have to go''

If it means him playing first team football I want him to move, especially for the way he has been treated.

I really like Insua, he's actually a proper defender. Problem is, he doesn't have great pace, which is always a quick get out of jail free card for full-backs if they're beaten.

If Liverpool sell him to Manchester City for 12 million you would be happy with the clubs decision?

It was the Charlie Adam purchase that made me think ''oh dear what are they doing Meireles or Aquilani is going to have to go''

If it means him playing first team football I want him to move, especially for the way he has been treated.

Yup.

I really like Insua, he's actually a proper defender. Problem is, he doesn't have great pace, which is always a quick get out of jail free card for full-backs if they're beaten.

I had high hopes for him but his decision making and pace( or more to the point lack of it) has let the lad down. He is beaten time and again by anybody fast and dont really think he is cut out for it at this level

I had high hopes for him but his decision making and pace( or more to the point lack of it) has let the lad down. He is beaten time and again by anybody fast and dont really think he is cut out for it at this level

I don't necessarily think lack of pace is the be all and end all of a full-back though. Luke Young is our best, specifically because he's found ways of covering for his lack of pace. Likewise people like Phil Neville. It could be argued this comes with the kind of experience Insua doesn't have, but I doubt a top club like Liverpool would let him make his mistakes and learn from experience - too dangerous.

Wow that's some faith in Charlie Adam.

Aquilani is so superior to Adam in every facet of the game, it would be a huge downgrade if they let Aquilani go in my opinion and a bit of a backwards move.

Still you could argue AC Milan/MCFC would be a step up for him, despite the fact he is happy where he is. If he goes I just hope LFC fans wont go crazy at him saying he wanted the move etc that's my only worry because my blood will boil if I see that. I already saw glimpses of their reaction when the Fiorentina story surfaced, I just hope that people don't blame Alberto or even his agent if he leaves.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

I don't necessarily think lack of pace is the be all and end all of a full-back though. Luke Young is our best, specifically because he's found ways of covering for his lack of pace. Likewise people like Phil Neville. It could be argued this comes with the kind of experience Insua doesn't have, but I doubt a top club like Liverpool would let him make his mistakes and learn from experience - too dangerous.

Very highly rated in Italy is Insua, I rate him as well think he just needs a chance. Fiorentina/AC Milan would take him in a heart beat no doubt about it.

Wow that's some faith in Charlie Adam.

Aquilani is so superior to Adam in every facet of the game, it would be a huge downgrade if they let Aquilani go in my opinion and a bit of a backwards move.

Still you could argue AC Milan/MCFC would be a step up for him, despite the fact he is happy where he is. If he goes I just hope LFC fans wont go crazy at him saying he wanted the move etc that's my only worry because my blood will boil if I see that. I already saw glimpses of their reaction when the Fiorentina story surfaced, I just hope that people don't blame Alberto or even his agent if he leaves.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Very highly rated in Italy is Insua, I rate him as well think he just needs a chance. Fiorentina/AC Milan would take him in a heart beat no doubt about it.

Not necessarily faith in Adam, just faith in Dalglish/Comolli/Henry to make the right decision.

Adam/Aquilani are different players. Adam's a playmaker, Aquilani's more of a play linker with short passes around the box.

Not necessarily faith in Adam, just faith in Dalglish/Comolli/Henry to make the right decision.

Adam/Aquilani are different players. Adam's a playmaker, Aquilani's more of a play linker with short passes around the box.

Agreed. Adam's the 'quarterback', Aquilani's the classical 'Number 10'. Also, I'll lol in the face of anyone who says that Aquilani is superior at set-pieces to Adam. Not to mention their skills defensively.

Aquilani is good at set pieces, and he's better defensively. Played a deeper CM role alongside Marchisio and put in alot of tackles last season, technical attributes wise Aquilani is far superior. By some distance in my opinion, Aquilani can play a deep role or advanced role, he has the abilities to be the link man or be the one who attacks. Very gifted footballer, Adam's a quarterback? I agree he's a deep player, but when he was signed it put the nail in Meireles/Aquilani's coffin because there really was no need for him when they had Aquilani/Meireles/Lucas/Gerrard already in that position. (And Henderson who is RM/CM)

Makes no sense, if City buy him I really can see LFC regretting their decision. And if he goes on to Milano then Alberto will be amongst Europe's elite again because he dominates the Serie A like very few do.

Just read on Thisisanfield that we are set to loan Joe Cole to QPR, no idea how reliable this website is but I quite like it, anybody else heard about this? I just hope we're getting a good deal, which I very much doubt.

Am I the only Pool fan who actually agree's with Jamie? Or are some of you that naive you think he's a bad player because he was injured for half a season and was then never given a chance.

He's been our best and most-consistent player and pre-seaon, and I really dont' get the Adam signing. I'd much rather have Aquilani over Adam. (Yes, I'm probably going to be slated for 'not trusting Kenny, the board etc.' but so what.) If anything, Aquilani should play instead of Gerrard, he can clearly play in the hole, and as it looks like we're going to favour a 4-2-3-1 this season, he should be kept.

Everything Jamie has said has been spot on, so I don't need to say anything else.

Aquilani is good at set pieces, and he's better defensively. Played a deeper CM role alongside Marchisio and put in alot of tackles last season, technical attributes wise Aquilani is far superior. By some distance in my opinion, Aquilani can play a deep role or advanced role, he has the abilities to be the link man or be the one who attacks. Very gifted footballer, Adam's a quarterback? I agree he's a deep player, but when he was signed it put the nail in Meireles/Aquilani's coffin because there really was no need for him when they had Aquilani/Meireles/Lucas/Gerrard already in that position. (And Henderson who is RM/CM)

Makes no sense, if City buy him I really can see LFC regretting their decision. And if he goes on to Milano then Alberto will be amongst Europe's elite again because he dominates the Serie A like very few do.

Adam is better defensively although Aquaman is very good defensively, far better than he is given credit for, and they are different players. Its actually meireles i'd get rid of, Adam is better at the deeper role, and Aqua better at the more advanced role

Last edited:
Back