The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just read on Thisisanfield that we are set to loan Joe Cole to QPR, no idea how reliable this website is but I quite like it, anybody else heard about this? I just hope we're getting a good deal, which I very much doubt.

doubt he will be ready to take the wage cut that goes along with his loan... think he is more inclined to stay at Pool and fight for his place which I am confident he can do and win

doubt he will be ready to take the wage cut that goes along with his loan... think he is more inclined to stay at Pool and fight for his place which I am confident he can do and win

Based on what? he couldnt do it last year and liverpool have actually strengthened the wings and middle, hes most likely gonna be a bench player

Based on what? he couldnt do it last year and liverpool have actually strengthened the wings and middle, hes most likely gonna be a bench player

well more based on the fact that he was a favourite with the fans at Chelsea lol but no I do not think he will take a wage cut particularly as he was ready to move away from us just because we did not offer hima good deal and that was the season we won the Double.... most likely be a bench player but I think Daglish will try to get rid of him if he doe snot feature in his long-term plans, you do not pay 90k p/w for someone to warm his **** on the bench

Read in other forum that Liverpool will be paying 24Kpw to Jovanovic. Wouldn't say it is a bad deal, better than paying 60k plus for him though..

rumour that Liverpool will be paying €24,000 of Jovanovic's wages over the two years at Anderlecht

Last edited:
Adam is better defensively although Aquaman is very good defensively, far better than he is given credit for, and they are different players. Its actually meireles i'd get rid of, Adam is better at the deeper role, and Aqua better at the more advanced role

Good call, but if Aqua wants back to Italy......

Kenny would be loathe to keep anyone who doesn't want to play for LFC, which he views quite rightly as an honour. It's a pity because Aquilani > Mereiles any day.

Read in other forum that Liverpool will be paying 24Kpw to Jovanovic. Wouldn't say it is a bad deal, better than paying 60k plus for him though..

if by 60k you are referring to his liverpool wages, you need to double that

Good call, but if Aqua wants back to Italy......

Kenny would be loathe to keep anyone who doesn't want to play for LFC, which he views quite rightly as an honour. It's a pity because Aquilani > Mereiles any day.

Actually he wants to stay, but he wants to feel welcome, something the club has comprehensively failed to so; some honour

Jovanovic was on a reported 90k in wages, so paying 24k until his Lpool contract was up aint a bad deal

From what i read he was on 90k for the first year to cover signing on fee, then on 60K..

nope, when you added weekly bonuses he comfortably breached 100k. between him and cole its nearly 250k in wages

IIRC its 225k per week for the pair

Last edited:
nope, when you added weekly bonuses he comfortably breached 100k. between him and cole its nearly 250k in wages

Oh maybe for first year he was on high wages?

Anyways point was Liverpool will be paying 24k pw for 2 years (If reports are to be believed) :)

Oh maybe for first year he was on high wages?

Anyways point was Liverpool will be paying 24k pw for 2 years (If reports are to be believed) :)

huge savings, because they are paying CL wages without the revenue

Lets just say, the previous management and previous regime was a shambles, it messed us up as a club no-end

re joe cole, the reports say liverpool will pay 1/3 of the deal but even then it wont happen unless a takeover goes through at us, no way will the current owners bust a 25k wage cap by that much

re joe cole, the reports say liverpool will pay 1/3 of the deal but even then it wont happen unless a takeover goes through at us, no way will the current owners bust a 25k wage cap by that much

WTF is going on at QPR? all i know is that the fans have been royally screwed

Adam is better defensively although Aquaman is very good defensively, far better than he is given credit for, and they are different players. Its actually meireles i'd get rid of, Adam is better at the deeper role, and Aqua better at the more advanced role

My thoughts exactly.

WTF is going on at QPR? all i know is that the fans have been royally screwed

well basically like a few others, are owners just looking for short-term, making a profit etc and at the moment they are looking to sell, there's a couple interested, such as Alexie Mordashiv (rich as ****) and Tony Fernandez (not so much)

No question in my mind that Aquilani will last 90 minutes alot better than Adam though so on the stamina-defence side he is far better.

Don't get the reasoning in letting Aquilani go at all, it's a nonsense...

There is a reason Inter/AC/Juventus/Fiorentina would all take him, it's because he's extremely talented.

Kenny was hardly convincing in his quotes about him today either, and his agent has said his wage is a problem for clubs in Italy but I don't buy that at all. Hopefully Comolli/Kenny realise what a player they have on their books, LFC's strongest midfield 3 in my opinion is Gerrard/Aquilani/Lucas. (Assuming we are talking 4-3-3 or 3 man central midfield)

No question in my mind that Aquilani will last 90 minutes alot better than Adam though so on the stamina-defence side he is far better.

Don't get the reasoning in letting Aquilani go at all, it's a nonsense...

There is a reason Inter/AC/Juventus/Fiorentina would all take him, it's because he's extremely talented.

Kenny was hardly convincing in his quotes about him today either, and his agent has said his wage is a problem for clubs in Italy but I don't buy that at all. Hopefully Comolli/Kenny realise what a player they have on their books, LFC's strongest midfield 3 in my opinion is Gerrard/Aquilani/Lucas. (Assuming we are talking 4-3-3 or 3 man central midfield)

If we were to fail on our targets, i'd take him at United in all seriousness

Am I the only Pool fan who actually agree's with Jamie? Or are some of you that naive you think he's a bad player because he was injured for half a season and was then never given a chance.

He's been our best and most-consistent player and pre-seaon, and I really dont' get the Adam signing. I'd much rather have Aquilani over Adam. (Yes, I'm probably going to be slated for 'not trusting Kenny, the board etc.' but so what.) If anything, Aquilani should play instead of Gerrard, he can clearly play in the hole, and as it looks like we're going to favour a 4-2-3-1 this season, he should be kept.

Everything Jamie has said has been spot on, so I don't need to say anything else.
Guess you missed the post where I completely agreed with Jamie ;)
I'd also have Aquilani over Adam, he doing doing brilliant when out on joan and i'm sure with a little time he could easily do that for us. He's shown all during pre-season he is capable of making great little passes and moves that open teams up and he isn't half bad going back either.

Back