The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Anyone laying into Raul really has misunderstood. chelsea were coming back with an offer, and he has effectively been for sale all summer. Liverpool wanted cash only. by handing in a request he wavies the loyalty fee and saves liverpool money.

DONE DEAL Yep, here is one of the day's BIG, last-ditch deals. Chelsea have confirmed that 28-year-old Portugal international Raul Meireles has joined the club from Liverpoolon a four-year deal. The fee is believed to be in the region of £12m.

Very sad to see Meireles go - feels like a step backwards. We should have definitely kept hold of him. Degen on the other hand - glad to see the back of him.

It seems like a strange signing in Bellamy - how long have we signed him for? Also a shame to see N'Gog go to Bolton, wish him the best of luck really, it's a shame he couldn't make it at the club, I'm sure he'll be a 10-15 goal scorer a season for Bolton if he gets the right assistance.

Last edited:
Very sad to see Meireles go - feels like a step backwards. We should have definitely kept hold of him. Degen on the other hand - glad to see the back of him.

It seems like a strange signing in Bellamy - how long have we signed him for? Also a shame to see N'Gog go to Bolton, wish him the best of luck really, it's a shame he couldn't make it at the club, I'm sure he'll be a 10-15 goal scorer a season for Bolton if he gets the right assistance.

A two year deal for the problem boy.

A ******, ****** end to an otherwise great transfer window. I was never a huge fan of the great 'tackle bottler' but what incredibley lousy timing on his part to force a move. I can't believe Kenny saw this one coming or he would have got an adequate replacement in, given that Aquaman had already returned to the land of the Lamborghini. :(

A two year deal for the problem boy.

A ******, ****** end to an otherwise great transfer window. I was never a huge fan of the great 'tackle bottler' but what incredibley lousy timing on his part to force a move. I can't believe Kenny saw this one coming or he would have got an adequate replacement in, given that Aquaman had already returned to the land of the Lamborghini. :(

kenny did see it coming he orchestrated it. deal was done by 9pm, request came well after, he was actually saving you guys money, otherwise you owed him 1m.

2 years for Bellamy, that's quite a contract for a 32 year old striker. I liked him at Liverpool 4 years ago but I can't see him giving a good return now somehow!

kenny did see it coming he orchestrated it. deal was done by 9pm, request came well after, he was actually saving you guys money, otherwise you owed him 1m.

& He's orchestrated it very well. By announcing it so late that Mereiles had handed in a transfer request and a fee had been agreed, he's made Mereiles and Chelsea out to be the bad guys.

Although, credit has to go to both clubs, for keeping all of this quiet, exactly how all transfers should be done. Without anyone else knowing about them.

EDIT: The only thing I'd question about the Bellamy deal is his wage. Hopefully he's took a significant pay cut, otherwise, I don't see the sense in it other than he's come as a free transfer.

Exactly mate, and I can't see him being consistent because he won't get a good run of games so his form won't build up. I don't think I can even see him getting more than 5 goals by the end of the season.

500a.jpg

Meireles goes to Chelsea? FML. He's one of my favourite players in the club. Letting him go is stupid, plain stupid. Considering his performances last season and the way Henderson is playing now.

This is still confusing me as the LFC website still doesn't say that Meireles has been sold.

I can see why Meireles wanted to leave for Chelsea, lets hope he has as much fun as Torres (so far) and Yossi. It's not a massive loss losing him, but he was a quality player who will be missed. More room for Jonjo, Maxi, and Henderson now though I suppose.

and the way Henderson is playing now.

Well?

Back