The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I'd throw Coates in there, chances are Crouch-Kenwyne up top, Skrtel and Coates could be the way to go. 3 CB's shouldn't be ruled out either, like in Kenny's opening games. We need all the height we can get.
I can see him starting at the back along with Skrtel and Agger, keep a strong tall back line.

Pretty sure Kuyt will start also, for both his height advantage over Henderson and his tracking would be useful for Etherington.

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for years but never really took the time out to post. I'm an avid Liverpool fan and I have to say that I'm ecstatic with everything that has been going on. I don't want anyone on this team that doesn't want to be here, and after they've gone there's no point in crying over them (except for Torres, that crushed me.) Meireles wasn't needed anyway.

With that said the injection we've received leaves us with a club that has great depth and a very strong first squad. In fact, the depth is so strong that there isn't even a clear-cut starting 11. Suarez is one of the most in-form players in the world right now and we all know what Gerrard is capable of when healthy. The great thing about Gerrard returning to health is that he no longer needs to carry the team solely on his back -- it's a deep squad through and through with quality players at literally every position.

Unlike most I'm actually very high on Jordan Henderson and believe that he has remarkable skills for an English footballer that could really make him stand-out and be a star for Liverpool should he decide to spend a vast amount of time here. I also think that Carroll needs to be cut some slack...he's still very young and has been bagging goals at a professional level for a while now despite his young age. The talent is there he just needs some time.

The problem with carroll mate is that he has come in with a MASSIVE price tag and hasn't lived up to it, though injuries have ruined him this far... I dont think bellamy has been brought in to replace him more as a right winger tbh and give carroll a run in the team he will come into his own with Suarez there to help him out along the way.

Henderson has a lot to prove to the fans he seems to be more concerned about his hair than he is about playing but if given time I'm sure he'll bed in.. I'm excited for the first time in years and hope we can have a decent run at the 2 domestic cups and try and get back into europe next season..

The problem is, I agree with Capello - Carroll needs to sort his lifestyle out. He's lazy, not fit enough, and just doesn't look interested half the time.

The problem is, I agree with Capello - Carroll needs to sort his lifestyle out. He's lazy, not fit enough, and just doesn't look interested half the time.

I dont get what is up with Carroll, really dont. Liverpool got 50m for Torres and spent 35m on Carroll, and at this rate I think Chelsea got the better deal. At least Torres looked fit and interested. Carroll has had injuries, but doesn't seem to be working hard enough to get to peak fitness

I dont get what is up with Carroll, really dont. Liverpool got 50m for Torres and spent 35m on Carroll, and at this rate I think Chelsea got the better deal. At least Torres looked fit and interested. Carroll has had injuries, but doesn't seem to be working hard enough to get to peak fitness

Of course, it's all relative: I think both have looked like pretty bad deals so far.

Agreed on Carroll though, he's looked a bit tame recently. Don't know what it is, but I'm assuming it's off the field problems.

I agree. It's almost as if he think he's already 'made it' because he cost so much and because he's at a big club. He thinks he doesn't have to do the hard work.

I hope Kenny tells him he needs to improve otherwise he's not getting anywhere near the team. The truth of the matter is, Liverpool look a much, much better team when Suarez starts up front and Carroll doesn't play.

Sorry, Jones, you're obviously not a ​real supporter. ;)

Not having a go here but merely making an observation; I'd say that about 50% of the posts on this thread are from neutral fans.

Make of that what you will.

I agree. It's almost as if he think he's already 'made it' because he cost so much and because he's at a big club. He thinks he doesn't have to do the hard work.

I hope Kenny tells him he needs to improve otherwise he's not getting anywhere near the team. The truth of the matter is, Liverpool look a much, much better team when Suarez starts up front and Carroll doesn't play.

He's still got plenty of time on his hands, but he needs to get it together. Especially if he wants to go to the Euros

Frankly, I think the big man - small man partnership is no longer as effective as before. Carroll - Suarez isn't looking as well as Kuyt -Suarez because frankly, Kuyt's work rate is a heck lot better than Carroll's. Some will argue that he is under pressure due to his insanely high price tag(35m!) but the effort doesn't seem to be there. He needs to cut down on drinks and train harder. Henderson looks good thus far though and Downing is amazing imo. Enrique solves the leftback issue but I'd have preferred Aly Cissokho as many of the media believed earlier on. We shouldn't be playing Stoke's game though, a pass and move game should unlock their defence and allow Suarez to bag a few goals =D

Very hard game today, would be a good sign if we win. Shame Adam's injured, really looking good. But I'm sure Spearing will give Stoke absolute ****, especially with our now-solid back four, with Johnson perhaps coming back in.
----Reina----
Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Enrique
---------Spearing---Lucas----------
Downing--------------------Kuyt
---------Carroll-----Suarez--------

Frankly, I think the big man - small man partnership is no longer as effective as before. Carroll - Suarez isn't looking as well as Kuyt -Suarez because frankly, Kuyt's work rate is a heck lot better than Carroll's. Some will argue that he is under pressure due to his insanely high price tag(35m!) but the effort doesn't seem to be there. He needs to cut down on drinks and train harder. Henderson looks good thus far though and Downing is amazing imo. Enrique solves the leftback issue but I'd have preferred Aly Cissokho as many of the media believed earlier on. We shouldn't be playing Stoke's game though, a pass and move game should unlock their defence and allow Suarez to bag a few goals =D

Enrique hasn't put a foot wrong, he's actually been very good.

Reina
Johnson - Carra - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Adam
Maxi - Suarez - Downing
Kuyt​

Last edited:
Anyone got a stream for todays game?

Not having a go here but merely making an observation; I'd say that about 50% of the posts on this thread are from neutral fans.

Make of that what you will.

I agree, I wonder if the other clubs threads are like this.

Back