The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Suarez has just missed a sitter according to Merson.

This is annoying. We can beat teams who play football, but then as soon as someone shuts up shop, we run out of ideas.

Game over. Suarez have at least half a goal of space empty infront of him and i do not know how he missed it

No final ball no fight except suarez, one clear cut chance put wide.

Props to stoke doe great defensive shift they put in real body on the line stuff.

I was always worried once they scored as i knew they can see a game out.

Liverpool will have to get there act together quickly, Carrol didn't have a effect once he came on once again.

i will ,like to see bellamy suarez upfront they both will create chances for each other an they both have to sort there anger

I agree to an extent about Suarez. Sometimes he appears to have buckets of composure, and then other times, he seems to have none.

But the part you bolded said that Kuyt's work rate is better than Carroll's, which is completely indisputable.

Missed the point...

I'd explain it to you - but I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Sad that we lost. There was a certain penalty for us but the referee missed it. I'm hating Liverpool's luck with these things. Saying that, Suarez missed a sitter today. Seems to have lost his composure in front of goal.

No final ball no fight except suarez, one clear cut chance put wide.

Props to stoke doe great defensive shift they put in real body on the line stuff.

I was always worried once they scored as i knew they can see a game out.

Liverpool will have to get there act together quickly, Carrol didn't have a effect once he came on once again.

Totally agree, and I totally agree about the point you made about stoke being able to sit on a lead. The Britannia stadium is a nightmare to go to for any side but the quality sides always manage to grind out a result there and once again it seems the same old story for Liverpool, all expectations and no delivery... I'm not saying our season has been de-railed far from it I'm just saying these are the games we've got to look at against the "lower" teams.

Carroll isn't ready yet, and I think Kenny should listen to Capello and sit him down tell him he's not playing till he shows the maturity expected of a premier league footballer and a liverpool number 9.

Joe Cole on debut with an amazing assist, rolling back the years with this one.

Him and Hazard apparently linked up well throughout and Hazard finished off this Cole cutback, I didn't think he had this in him still.

[video=youtube;p_19zrlcjrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_19zrlcjrA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

So, he's showed more quality in 1 game for Lille, than he did in 1 year for Liverpool. Why does that not suprise me.

Joe Cole on debut with an amazing assist, rolling back the years with this one.

Him and Hazard apparently linked up well throughout and Hazard finished off this Cole cutback, I didn't think he had this in him still.

[video=youtube;p_19zrlcjrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_19zrlcjrA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

It was Obraniak whom Cole assisted, no? Hazard's goals were top quality.

Ex-Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez laughs off Alex Ferguson swipe by Richard Buxton. Published Mon 12 Sep 2011 14:22, Last updated: 2011-09-12
Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has laughed off Sir Alex Ferguson's attack on him.

The Manchester United boss took a swipe at Benitez according to an interview with an Italian newspaper, which quoted him as saying ""He is jobless. And he is not my friend."

Benitez, who left Anfield last summer under a cloud following a series of wrangles with the club's then hierarchy, insists that he is not in the game to make acquaintances.

"I am not in football looking for friends, I want to win trophies," he told Sky Sports News.

"If the big rival of Liverpool Football Club is just thinking about me months after [leaving] that is quite positive. It means we were doing something well."

In spite of the clear animosity between the pair over recent years, Benitez claims that relations were not always frosty with Old Trafford counterpart Ferguson.

He cites Liverpool's emergence as contenders to United's Premier League crown during his tenure as the reason for the breakdown in their relationship.

He added: "I was going to the [2006 Champions League] final in Paris - Barcelona v Arsenal - we were together in the bar and it was quite interesting because we were friends.

"But when we were close to them we were not friends.

"It's football and I will say I don't want to be friends.

"If he wants to have a good relationship fine, but I want to win trophies."

The Spaniard remains focused on returning to management, following a short-lived spell with Inter Milan last season, and harbours ambitions of pipping United to major honours.

"I am waiting for the next challenge, for the next club and hopefully I will have a competitive team and then maybe we can win trophies and we can beat them," he said.

Back