The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
not being a troll but you have a poor record against the smaller clubs dont you?

Seems it struck again today

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish believes Luis Suarez is not getting adequate protection from referees.

He needs protection and I don't think he got that out there," said Dalglish.

"His integrity has been called into question and I think maybe he is suffering from that at the moment."

Dalglish added: "It is their integrity that needs questioning not his. On the football pitch he is exemplary, a fantastic footballer and we have 100% faith in Luis and the way he conducts himself."

Is he questioning Ref's integrity or the person who questioned Suarez's integrity?

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish believes Luis Suarez is not getting adequate protection from referees.

Is he questioning Ref's integrity or the person who questioned Suarez's integrity?

Who knows? To be honest, if he wants Suarez to win the free kick, get him to stay on his feet (instead of diving everywhere) instead of complaining. Very few Liverpool fans seem to pick him up on it, although Ben does to be fair.

some liverpool fans are quick to label SAF as bitter, when actually Dalglish has been coming across as so this season

Also, for all the shots Suarez takes, he isnt that clinical, he needs to up his finishing. Its not just about working the keeper, its about leaving the keeper nothing to work with

Last edited:
Also, for all the shots Suarez takes, he isnt that clinical, he needs to up his finishing. Its not just about working the keeper, its about leaving the keep nothing to finish

His finishing is poor tbh, imagine how good he would be if he was as clinical as RVP or someone similar.

His finishing is poor tbh, imagine how good he would be if he was as clinical as RVP or someone similar.

he has the approach down perfectly, he gets into great positions constantly. But the final flourish isnt there.

This season he converts 1 for every 8.6 shots he takes. In contrast Rooney converts 1 for 4.12, and Hernandez 2.56

Even Torres is 1 for 6.6.

Have only taken league form into account on all players

Normally I don't gloat but - ha ******* ha. Even though I despise Citeh for totally loading the dice in the Premiership race with their financial shenanigans I'll forgive them just for today. Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

You're position in the league?

2nd. 1 point ahead of a side losing to QPR with 9 men. Are you not worried though with Arsenal 2 points behind, Norwich 3 behind with Stoke-thought Liverpool would be doing better tbh

2nd. 1 point ahead of a side losing to QPR with 9 men. Are you not worried though with Arsenal 2 points behind, Norwich 3 behind with Stoke-thought Liverpool would be doing better tbh

We would be....only our strikers cannot buy a goal atm. We badly need a 30 a season man, but then again who doesn't ?

We would be....only our strikers cannot buy a goal atm. We badly need a 30 a season man, but then again who doesn't ?

After today, nearly every club. Just to outscore Man City after todays performance lol

After today, nearly every club. Just to outscore Man City after todays performance lol

What we need is fitness rather than quality. Saha is a 10 goal per half a season striker, if he could play for a full season, imagine what he'd do...

As a matter of fact he played for almost a full season in FM last night (35 league games in a row till he tore his calf) and got us second place and was second-best goalscorer behind Rooney. Not that FM means anything but it was kind of an ironic reminder of what Saha can do.

Overall. Sigh I'm miserable and looking for the silver lining, leave me alone :'(

Overall I prefer our position, John Henry and co are just brilliant. No real debts either, but meh. Unlucky btw haha, never watched the match but the amount of statuses on Facebook of people buzzing when City got their 5th and 6th was mad! Not meaning to rub it in ;)

Not worried in the slightest no. I have total faith in the direction of the club right now. United are obviously in a better position in the league, but they have a better squad than us at the moment.

Last edited:
Back