The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
In every Era there are controversial players about.
Maradona, Cantona, Roy Keane, Henry, Bellamy, Suarez....

Also calling a player a black **** or whatever is no worse than the controversy of the moment.
We have many players who are cheating on their wives/partners.
In my eyes this is just as bad as racism and our players are showing a poor example to all kids who idolise them.

Think of it this way, If you were of a different ethnicity than most others in an area, would you rather they call you something racist or sleep with your missus? I for one would rather be called names than that.

Anyway this is slightly off topic so please get back to the topic this thread was intended for or it will be closed.

If you wish to talk about where football has gone wrong or the racism in it set up a new thread

The FA can't ban players for cheating on your wife, as it doesn't happen on the pitch.

just becuase it could be inconclusive doesnt mean suarez is right thats the point.

Well, we all know that Suarez has a history of controversy behind him (Handball at the WC, biting a PSV player, etc), which is going to affect this case a lot.

But just because of that, it doesn't mean that Suarez can't be right?

Of course, if it can be proven that Suarez never said anything, Evra should get the ban. If it is inconclusive, just close the case and that's it.

Well, we all know that Suarez has a history of controversy behind him (Handball at the WC, biting a PSV player, etc), which is going to affect this case a lot.

But just because of that, it doesn't mean that Suarez can't be right?

Of course, if it can be proven that Suarez never said anything, Evra should get the ban. If it is inconclusive, just close the case and that's it.

Not sure you are getting what i mean. There has to be definitive proof in either direction. for either player to have a ban. Inconlusive mean no action should be taken against either player, which isnt what liverpool were asking, hence why i said its ridiculous. lets say they cant make out what suarez has said, then its inconclusive, they are not sure either way. that doesnt mean Evra should be banned, nor Suarez. Whereas liverpool would want Evra banned in that eventuality

If it can't be proved doesn't mean Suarez didn't racially abuse, it means that there is no proper evidence.

Well what a hypocrites. People are calling Evra a ****, but when someone called Suarez a **** (Which he is) he got quoted to **** off from this thread. Quality.

Anyways we dont know what has happened. So I would wait before taking sides and talking out of *** like accusing Evra for playing race card when it is proven that previously (Against Finnan and Chelsea) he didn't accuse anyone.

And people want proper evidence before accusing Suarez but same people didn't even wait for proper evidence to call Evra a liar. Brilliant.

Sky Channel: 504
Virgin Media Channel: 612
Freeview Channel: 81

Hillsbrough debate is on right now and has been for about 45 minutes. Tune in.

Joey Barton is present at the House Of Commons for the debate, he's gone up tenfold in my estimations of him.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

A lot of Pool fans conveniently forget that Suarez bit someone on the field of play. Strange really, considering how toothy the little **** is.

Nice civil viewpoint, if there's nothing constructive for you to say then don't say it.

Joey Barton is present at the House Of Commons for the debate, he's gone up tenfold in my estimations of him.

He was tweeting a lot about it at the time of signing the petition. Did more than any footballer in Twitter world at least.

He was tweeting a lot about it at the time of signing the petition. Did more than any footballer in Twitter world at least.

It's only right that he gets a HUGE ovation at Anfield in December.

Barton may have his faults at times and do some things ill advisedly, but definately deserves respect for his contribution to this subject.

Wonder if he will though. Completely agree that he should however.

Liverpool fans know whats he's done for them, and with how much all this means to them, I'll be very, very shocked if he didn't get a standing ovation.

Wonder if he will though. Completely agree that he should however.

He will, I'd be as astounded as I've ever been if he doesn't. Being discussed on RAWK on the Hillsborough Debate thread that he should get one when QPR visit. Liverpool fans know exactly what he's done for the cause.

Good! Definitely deserves one.. Regardless of his past what he's done for this cause is remarkable and he deserves praise for it.

Nice civil viewpoint, if there's nothing constructive for you to say then don't say it.

Perhaps the toothy **** part was a little unnecessary but my main point stands up.

Perhaps the toothy **** part was a little unnecessary but my main point stands up.

Agree. However not too fussed now, more concerned about the Hillsborough debate.

Agree. However not too fussed now, more concerned about the Hillsborough debate.

Not watching it, but hope Pool fans/players/victims get the answers they deserve.

Tim Cahill:
Blue or Red the city of Liverpool unite when it counts always. And also everyone that has supported Justice for the people of Liverpool.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Kenny Dalglish:
Congratulations and thanks to Steve Rotherham and Andy Burn ham for bringing so much hope to many people who have suffered too long.

Steve and Andy have only one objective. Justice for the families. No political side. Only humanitarian issues

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Kenny Dalglish:
Thank you to everyone whatever team you support for helping the families move closer to getting justice.

I've spent the last 35 minutes tweeting every name of the 96 in memory of them, if you do have Twitter, all I ask if you spend 10 minutes retweeting them #YNWA

Twitter

Back