The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Overall I prefer our position, John Henry and co are just brilliant. No real debts either, but meh. Unlucky btw haha, never watched the match but the amount of statuses on Facebook of people buzzing when City got their 5th and 6th was mad! Not meaning to rub it in ;)

Maybe not, but I can vouch that it is so much funnier when you DO rub it in. ;)

I could almost taste the salty tears of Mike.'s sorrow.

Maybe not, but I can vouch that it is so much funnier when you DO rub it in. ;)

I could almost taste the salty tears of Mike.'s sorrow.

Landline for Manchester is 01-61 trollolololololololol.

Sorry Mike.

The problem:

Third most amount of clear cut chances in the league, but the fifth least clinical. Suarez has had three more clear cut chances than Rooney, Dzeko and van Persie, he's in top position, yet has scored only three goals, to their 5,5 and 3.

Contact | The Tomkins Times | Paul Tomkins' blog about Liverpool Football Club (LFC)othing I didn't already know. Clear we need to work on this, if we'd of took our chances in our last two games, we'd be level on points with United right now. Story of our season

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Downing; Suarez

Team from a good source​

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Gerrard and Carragher miss out with minor knocks.
Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Adam, Lucas, Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Suarez.

Your source seems pretty rubbish RTW. He never even travelled with the squad.

Good performance, good result. Carroll's building up confidence.
Onwards & upwards, Swansea next week.

A good professional performance with the deserved result for a change. Our guys still have this strange fascination with the woodwork though !

We have hit the woodwork 10 times in 10 games this season, more than any other premier league club

So the Mirror using Suarez as a scape goat in all this racist stuff.
http://p.twimg.com/Ac_ywgFCQAAv5B8.jpg

P
aul Tomkins summing it up, because I'm nursing a hangover
"If Suarez made racist comments, then he deserves punishment. But it's one man's accusation, no evidence. False accusations happen too."

"Racism in football? How about the difference in the way John Terry & Luis Suarez were judged in recent weeks?"

"On Sunday Supplement, Paul Smith said that Terry may have made racist remark, but he's sure he's not a racist."

"Evra was blowing kisses at Main Stand and kissing his badge to that same section of Liverpool fans. Not someone apoplectic with rage, is it?"

**** the Mirror.

So the Mirror using Suarez as a scape goat in all this racist stuff.
http://p.twimg.com/Ac_ywgFCQAAv5B8.jpg

P
aul Tomkins summing it up, because I'm nursing a hangover
"If Suarez made racist comments, then he deserves punishment. But it's one man's accusation, no evidence. False accusations happen too."

"Racism in football? How about the difference in the way John Terry & Luis Suarez were judged in recent weeks?"

"On Sunday Supplement, Paul Smith said that Terry may have made racist remark, but he's sure he's not a racist."

"Evra was blowing kisses at Main Stand and kissing his badge to that same section of Liverpool fans. Not someone apoplectic with rage, is it?"

**** the Mirror.

You're happy to say Evra has previous (he hasnt) neither did you haul Liverpool over the coals for basically caling him a liar, nor having a go at your press chief for making up the fact that Evra accused three other players (he didnt), but you will jump on the mirror. It goes both ways

Lol, and Terry has had it much worse than Suarez so far

For the record i dont condone what the Mirror have done, although its not suprising given the type of paper they are.

How so? Suarez has been booed in every single match since the United one...

Suarez also gets booed for his ability to hit the ground, it was the same after the penalty (even though he didnt actually dive this time, or even go looking for the pen) Terry is getting pelted across almost every paper, (as opposed to a debate when it came to Suarez vs Evra, And Arsenal fans werent just booing him, they were outright chanting "racist racist"

Suarez also gets booed for his ability to hit the ground, it was the same after the penalty (even though he didnt actually dive this time, or even go looking for the pen) Terry is getting pelted across almost every paper, (as opposed to a debate when it came to Suarez vs Evra, And Arsenal fans werent just booing him, they were outright chanting "racist racist"

I would say Suarez is being targeted because of his overall cuntyness, wheras people are focusing in on the racist claims when it comes to JT.

How so? Suarez has been booed in every single match since the United one...

AnnieEaves Annie Eaves

And those saying Suarez getting harder time than Terry, just gone through 3 papers, 10 pics of Terry where racism is discussed, 1 of Suarez.

Oh for the days when LFC fans could discuss football matters pertaining to LFC on this thread (that's what it was started for as I remember) rather than everyone talking about racism. Perhaps this subject should have it's own thread if it hasn't already got one.
Racism isn't about football imo - it's a root problem of society in general, though I agree Terry sets a really bad example as every action of every player in every game in high profile matches is under close scrutiny by TV cameras these days.

Oh for the days when LFC fans could discuss football matters pertaining to LFC on this thread (that's what it was started for as I remember) rather than everyone talking about racism. Perhaps this subject should have it's own thread if it hasn't already got one.
Racism isn't about football imo - it's a root problem of society in general, though I agree Terry sets a really bad example as every action of every player in every game in high profile matches is under close scrutiny by TV cameras these days.

Whether you like it or not, it involves a liverpool player. and liverpool fans seem happy to discuss it too.

Terry sets as much of an example as suarez or rooney or gerrard

Whether you like it or not, it involves a liverpool player. and liverpool fans seem happy to discuss it too.

Terry sets as much of an example as suarez or rooney or gerrard

'Happy' is pushing it a bit & as most of the posters on this thread appear to be non LFC fans - an exageration. A lot of Red supporters have stopped posting here I've noticed perhaps for this reason. I don't post here much anymore because I'm sick of the spamming from other club's fans who for some reason appear keen to foist their opinions on us, a lot which are usually digs no doubt meant to get a rise from us. Speaking peronally I never post on other club dedicated threads as I've absolutely no interest in doing so.

'Happy' is pushing it a bit & as most of the posters on this thread appear to be non LFC fans - an exageration. A lot of Red supporters have stopped posting here I've noticed perhaps for this reason. I don't post here much anymore because I'm sick of the spamming from other club's fans who for some reason appear keen to foist their opinions on us, a lot which are usually digs no doubt meant to get a rise from us. Speaking peronally I never post on other club dedicated threads as I've absolutely no interest in doing so.

or it could be that less is actually happening. Nor is the thread being spammed. if they were trying to get a rise, they'd get infracted. If you dont like having to deal with other fans (who are entitled to be on here as long as they abide by the rules, and talk about liverpool), perhaps move to a different forum. I personally enjoy talking to Reds about all things Liverpool. Rivals or not they are a huge and interesting club

Back