The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
'Happy' is pushing it a bit & as most of the posters on this thread appear to be non LFC fans - an exageration. A lot of Red supporters have stopped posting here I've noticed perhaps for this reason. I don't post here much anymore because I'm sick of the spamming from other club's fans who for some reason appear keen to foist their opinions on us, a lot which are usually digs no doubt meant to get a rise from us. Speaking peronally I never post on other club dedicated threads as I've absolutely no interest in doing so.

Club threads aren't only for fans but to discuss club-related matters. For instance, the Everton thread was started by a Liverpool fan, as ironic as that may seem. We also get quite a few 'visitors' from other clubs, although mostly the posts are of a friendly nature. I'm pretty sure that if anyone from any other club comes to this thread and acts like a complete **** you could report his post and it'd get deleted and the user would be infracted.

Club threads aren't only for fans but to discuss club-related matters. For instance, the Everton thread was started by a Liverpool fan, as ironic as that may seem. We also get quite a few 'visitors' from other clubs, although mostly the posts are of a friendly nature. I'm pretty sure that if anyone from any other club comes to this thread and acts like a complete **** you could report his post and it'd get deleted and the user would be infracted.

See the chelsea thread, i did exactly that with an arsenal fan's post

or it could be that less is actually happening. Nor is the thread being spammed. if they were trying to get a rise, they'd get infracted. If you dont like having to deal with other fans (who are entitled to be on here as long as they abide by the rules, and talk about liverpool), perhaps move to a different forum. I personally enjoy talking to Reds about all things Liverpool. Rivals or not they are a huge and interesting club

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

or it could be that less is actually happening. Nor is the thread being spammed. if they were trying to get a rise, they'd get infracted. If you dont like having to deal with other fans (who are entitled to be on here as long as they abide by the rules, and talk about liverpool), perhaps move to a different forum. I personally enjoy talking to Reds about all things Liverpool. Rivals or not they are a huge and interesting club

Way ahead of you mate, this is an occasional site for me now. Sadly not everyone posting on this thread is as fair minded as you. I'll just use FM Base for game-related posting from now on.

Good performance, good result. Carroll's building up confidence.
Onwards & upwards, Swansea next week.

Good goal from him. First touch of a rapist though. Personally suprised that he is struggling so. He is a very "Dalglish" Centre Forward

Good goal from him. First touch of a rapist though. Personally suprised that he is struggling so. He is a very "Dalglish" Centre Forward

I personally just think he was unlucky. He was injured when he was bought, and thus out of action. He had to sit and watch as the team grew accustomed to Suarez and built itself around their new attacking fulcrum. When he finally came back, he had to battle bad fitness and a team out of sync with him. Finally, now, everything should be coming together for him.

Still never worth £35 mil though.

I personally just think he was unlucky. He was injured when he was bought, and thus out of action. He had to sit and watch as the team grew accustomed to Suarez and built itself around their new attacking fulcrum. When he finally came back, he had to battle bad fitness and a team out of sync with him. Finally, now, everything should be coming together for him.

Still never worth £35 mil though.
Yeah, totally agree with you. True value's nearer £20m to be honest, especially if Suarez is £23m - but then Carroll's English so he's worth about £5m more.

Wish we'd gone for Juan Mata and Sergio Aguero instead, although Aguero's fee was hefty.

Mata could have been bought for a bargain £17m, though, and he can play just behind the forward - the 'Gerrard role'.

Oh well, just got to stick with Carroll now, and encourage him. Good player, just unlucky with injuries and over-expensive.

Typed on my iPod Touch 4th Generation via the Tapatalk App, so please bear with me if there's errors!

all this talk of saurez being a diver is irritating? its all the commentators talk about when ever he is on the ball.

can anyone find a video of him going down without contact, (which is what diving is)

like some of these

Cristiano Ronaldo dives compilation - YouTube

Wayne Rooney dive Vs Chelsea - YouTube

PuNani dive Vs Newcastle United - YouTube

He goes down sometimes when he has been fouled, but that isnt diving.

Suarez hasn't dived once in a Liverpool shirt, seems like a myth to me unless I've missed something. He goes down fairly easily and exaggerated how hurt he is sometimes but other clubs fans go on as if their played don't do it. Nani is 10x worse. Having said all of that, I don't think many of our players are big play-actors, I imagine the pro's like Carra, Stevie, Kuyt and Pepe hate it. I remember last time when Torres joined and he went down easily, Gerrard had a word with him and he near enough completely cut it out of his game. Really would like him to do the same with Luis.

Suarez hasn't dived once in a Liverpool shirt, seems like a myth to me unless I've missed something. He goes down fairly easily and exaggerated how hurt he is sometimes but other clubs fans go on as if their played don't do it. Nani is 10x worse. Having said all of that, I don't think many of our players are big play-actors, I imagine the pro's like Carra, Stevie, Kuyt and Pepe hate it. I remember last time when Torres joined and he went down easily, Gerrard had a word with him and he near enough completely cut it out of his game. Really would like him to do the same with Luis.

I dont want to start an argument but taking diving advice from Gerrard lol seriously. He has gone down on a number of occasions and you cant deny it lol.

I dont want to start an argument but taking diving advice from Gerrard lol seriously. He has gone down on a number of occasions and you cant deny it lol.

Yeah a few times but considering he's been playing about 15 years, lets say he's dived 5 times (max) he's dived once every 3 years, generally at times when we need a free-kick penalty, Istanbul springs to mind. He's still pretty much against the whole diving/going down easily thing.

It's not only the fact he goes down like a sack of spuds. He thinks he's above the law by kicking out at people, off the ball shenanigans, and always in the ref's face. He's just a very slimy player. The point about Gerrard having a word with him topped off the ridiculousness of that post.

Yeah a few times but considering he's been playing about 15 years, lets say he's dived 5 times (max) he's dived once every 3 years, generally at times when we need a free-kick penalty, Istanbul springs to mind. He's still pretty much against the whole diving/going down easily thing.

So it's okay to dive if you 'need' a free kick or a penalty? Thats cheating. Gerrard dives, therefore he cannot be against diving and cheating. Cannot believe this stuff.

But the main point is he has done it so for him to tell someone not to do it is abit wrong dont you think. And basicly your saying he is against it but if he does it to win a game then its ok lol.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

So it's okay to dive if you 'need' a free kick or a penalty? Thats cheating. Gerrard dives, therefore he cannot be against diving and cheating. Cannot believe this stuff.

Beaten to it lol.

It's not only the fact he goes down like a sack of spuds. He thinks he's above the law by kicking out at people, off the ball shenanigans, and always in the ref's face. He's just a very slimy player. The point about Gerrard having a word with him topped off the ridiculousness of that post.

Must of been taken lessons from the likes of rooney.

Frank Lampard Dive - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqmqnMfhpuo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0T9SLKn_2_E

other players dive too. (though that lampard one didnt look like a dive to me at the time, but the ref thought it was.)

Last edited:
Was just about to say that is not a dive lol, Pienaar just catches him.

true, which is precisely the sort of thing saurez is getting berated for. i find it annoying. oddly enough, there was very little mention of it until fergie mentioned it after they were lucky to get a draw at anfield.

some papers this morning claim he dived for the penalty yesterday, and it was soft and harsh on west brom, but in truth it was quite clear.

true, which is precisely the sort of thing saurez is getting berated for. i find it annoying. oddly enough, there was very little mention of it until fergie mentioned it after they were lucky to get a draw at anfield.

some papers this morning claim he dived for the penalty yesterday, and it was soft and harsh on west brom, but in truth it was quite clear.

I personly haven't seen Suarez dive yet but because of his past and his attitude he has become abit of a media and opponent fan hate figure and they will always try and knock him down. Being someone who knows what this is like having hated players by public and media (Cole, Lampard, Terry and Drogba to name a few) you are lucky that all this does is seem to spur Suarez on and make him play better so if i was you i'd welcome all the **** lol.

5 times? Lol, is that per season? At least there are 10 plus in this video alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abk9JSDBra4

Edit: Not denying others are divers but it is lol worthy when you lot say Gerrard rarely dives.

Last edited:
Meh, players dive. Practically everyone being argued about here does dive. I don't see why the fact that they dive is such a contentious issue: I'd have thought it was obvious. Gerrard dives, Suarez dives, Young dives, Nani goes down like a dead swan thrown off a roof every time a full-back steps on a blade of grass within about ten feet of him.

Back