The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You can tell that Spearing was slowing down after the challenge, the ball was there to be won, how else could he of won it without hurting himself? Crazy. There's no question he won the ball, football has gone way too soft! I feel sorry for Spearing. I think Dalglish would of been unhappy if he didnt try and he win that ball, it was there too be won, in my opinion Dembele pulled out a bit and if he was actually hurt which I doubt it could be his own fault.

Yes, Suarez does exaggerate a lot of things, but compared to when he first came to us he has actually cut it out a **** of a lot. He still does it, but not as much.

Anyone who has a go at Kenny is ridiculous, look at where we were this time last season. Not saying anyone here has,but ive heard a few people on the radio and stuff.

I wouldnt mind having Torres back tbf, he did fantastic for us, but not on loan as that would improve Chelsea when he goes back, back in form.

EDIT: Also whilst I was watching the game I even started applauding the tackle, never even a foul, after watching it again im not sure contact was even made

its not just about the tackle, his follow through ends up two footed and high. Nothing to with dembele.

To get sent off does not require intent. You can be sent off for carelessness/recklessness in a tackle if judged as serious foul play. A two footed studs up follow through (regardless of the fact he did win the ball cleanly) is judged as reckless, this isnt new. You dont need to make full on smash contact to be sent off for that. Being there to be won doesnt mean you can win it anyway you want. Dembele had treatment after that, lets not forget

Don't think we'll finish in the Top 4 as we currently aren't winning the games we need to be getting results in, hopefully that stops with a victory against QPR and hopefully prove me wrong :P

£175k a week or whatever it is for Torres, now? No thanks. Also, Carroll would probably kill himself if we loaned back Torres..

Anyone who has a go at Kenny is ridiculous, look at where we were this time last season. Not saying anyone here has,but ive heard a few people on the radio and stuff.

I wouldnt mind having Torres back tbf, he did fantastic for us, but not on loan as that would improve Chelsea when he goes back, back in form.

EDIT: Also whilst I was watching the game I even started applauding the tackle, never even a foul, after watching it again im not sure contact was even made

I know what you mean, I've seen a lot of people criticize KK, mainly the retards that comment on LFC's Facebook but still. Kenny is the only man for the job and I know it would have been nice to get immediate success so the fans of the other big clubs might actually back off us for once, it was always going to be unlike. We have a young squad though and it will only improve over the next few years.

I would but nice to have him back but he's made his bed.. Would rather we looked forward with our signings rather than begging Chelsea to loan us a player who scores less goals than Heskey and Carroll.

I agree with your comment on Spearing too. If the ref didn't pull it up nobody would have complained and Spearing probably would have got a pat on the back for a ****** good challenge.

Don't think we'll finish in the Top 4 as we currently aren't winning the games we need to be getting results in, hopefully that stops with a victory against QPR and hopefully prove me wrong :P

Liverpool need to be more clinical. Thats the biggest issue here, too many chances are spurned. Suarez in particular

£175k a week or whatever it is for Torres, now? No thanks. Also, Carroll would probably kill himself if we loaned back Torres..

I know what you mean, I've seen a lot of people criticize KK, mainly the retards that comment on LFC's Facebook but still. Kenny is the only man for the job and I know it would have been nice to get immediate success so the fans of the other big clubs might actually back off us for once, it was always going to be unlike. We have a young squad though and it will only improve over the next few years.

I would but nice to have him back but he's made his bed.. Would rather we looked forward with our signings rather than begging Chelsea to loan us a player who scores less goals than Heskey and Carroll.

I agree with your comment on Spearing too. If the ref didn't pull it up nobody would have complained and Spearing probably would have got a pat on the back for a ****** good challenge.

Fans are immensely fickle. Let KK get on with his job. Actually, scratch that. Sack him, it'd benefit the rest of the league :P

its not just about the tackle, his follow through ends up two footed and high. Nothing to with dembele.

To get sent off does not require intent. You can be sent off for carelessness/recklessness in a tackle if judged as serious foul play. A two footed studs up follow through (regardless of the fact he did win the ball cleanly) is judged as reckless, this isnt new. You dont need to make full on smash contact to be sent off for that. Being there to be won doesnt mean you can win it anyway you want. Dembele had treatment after that, lets not forget

Referees judge fouls and challenges on 3 degrees, careless (a warning), reckless (yellow card) and excessive force (red card). Btw.

I personally don't think it was a foul. But that's just me...

Referees judge fouls and challenges on 3 degrees, careless (a warning), reckless (yellow card) and excessive force (red card). Btw.

I personally don't think it was a foul. But that's just me...

yep i skipped out the excessive force. But he must still view as serious foul play. Not saying it's a nailed on red. but i can see why it was given

Liverpool need to be more clinical. Thats the biggest issue here, too many chances are spurned. Suarez in particular

Tbf on Suarez, he clearly isn't a ST. He is definately more of a creative CF/CAM. We need to play Bellamy upfront more whilst Carroll improves.

Tbf on Suarez, he clearly isn't a ST. He is definately more of a creative CF/CAM. We need to play Bellamy upfront more whilst Carroll improves.

At Ajax he was. He was in part bought because of his ridiculously good record. Having said that, i would love to work out what his shots to goal ratio was at Ajax, see if he was scoring simply becuase he was having so many shots on goal as opposed to being clinical. But even so he still needs to improve. Compare him since Jan to similar players like Rooney or RVP and he is still way off with his finishing

We do nee to sign a striker and maybe a winger come January. Defoe and Lennon in my opinion would be perfect; Just shows how well spurs are doing that they would be perfect for us.

I can see why it was a red aswell in this modern day, but it's still completely stupid. I dont think anyone except maybe Torres wants to see tackling go out of the game :P

At Ajax he was. He was in part bought because of his ridiculously good record. Having said that, i would love to work out what his shots to goal ratio was at Ajax, see if he was scoring simply becuase he was having so many shots on goal as opposed to being clinical. But even so he still needs to improve. Compare him since Jan to similar players like Rooney or RVP and he is still way off with his finishing

But that being said. It is the Dutch league. If I remember correctly, Dirk Kuyt was an amazing goalscorer during his days there.

But that being said. It is the Dutch league. If I remember correctly, Dirk Kuyt was an amazing goalscorer during his days there.

Yep that is also true. The reason I talk about Suarez is because i think he will be the one to fire Liverpool to top 4. I know its too early to write Carroll off but he needs to start producing something, not just for himself but for the club, and for his England chances. Bellamy definitely needs to play more

We do nee to sign a striker and maybe a winger come January. Defoe and Lennon in my opinion would be perfect; Just shows how well spurs are doing that they would be perfect for us.

I can see why it was a red aswell in this modern day, but it's still completely stupid. I dont think anyone except maybe Torres wants to see tackling go out of the game :P

Its definitely one of those cards that would aggravate you when its on your side, but otherwise you can see why its given. I'd be eyeing up Soldado myself if you had to bring in a striker. Spearing can take something from it, but shouldnt let it prevent him from getting stuck him, just be more controlled afterwards

Its definitely one of those cards that would aggravate you when its on your side, but otherwise you can see why its given. I'd be eyeing up Soldado myself if you had to bring in a striker. Spearing can take something from it, but shouldnt let it prevent him from getting stuck him, just be more controlled afterwards

Soldado wouldn't be a bad signing tbh, not too old either. Kennys obsessed with English players though

Hope Spearo is'nt effected either, seems a decent player, only going to improve

As was Kuyt when we signed him.

Comparing him to a play like Rooney or RVP..? Two of the leagues best players who have been in the Premier League pretty much their entire careers.. Suarez has been here less than 12 months. Harsh, Mike, just harsh. (:

As was Kuyt when we signed him.

Comparing him to a play like Rooney or RVP..? Two of the leagues best players who have been in the Premier League pretty much their entire careers.. Suarez has been here less than 12 months. Harsh, Mike, just harsh. (:

Lal. But his shots to goal ratio in the prem is like 1 goal to 8.5 shots (i'll get the exact figure shortly)though, that is low at any rate, specially for a player of his calibre. in fairness everything else about his game has settled so i dont think the time is a factor

Liverpool and Suarez charged

Liverpool Football Club have been charged by The FA with failing to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion, following the dismissal of Jay Spearing.

The charge is in relation to Liverpool’s Premier League fixture at Fulham on 5 December 2011. The club has until 4pm on Monday 12 December to respond to the charge.

Luis Suarez has also been charged following an incident in the same game. The Liverpool player is charged with improper conduct, in relation to an alleged gesture made towards the Fulham fans at the end of the fixture.

The player has until 4pm on Monday 12 December to respond to the charge.

TheFA.com - FA issues two charges to Liverpool FC and Luis Suarez

EDIT: its actually 1 goal to 14.5 shots in the league since January. Even i include Rooney's terrible start to last season its nearly twice as good at 1 goal every 7.995 shots

Last edited:
Back