The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
2 things.

1) its not just luck, its also poor finishing. Liverpool are incredibly wasteful. Especially Suarez, his shots to goal ratio since he joined is pretty dire. Its like something from FM, you have the quantity in the shots but not the quality.

2) re the tackle, yes wins the ball cleanly, but his follow through is two footed, off the ground. it is reckless and uncontrolled, and it certainly had some momentum, just ask Dembele. Very easy to see why he was given a red. It isnt just about taking the ball.

1) Last sentence..

2) It's never a red card, end of.

2 things.

1) its not just luck, its also poor finishing. Liverpool are incredibly wasteful. Especially Suarez, his shots to goal ratio since he joined is pretty dire. Its like something from FM, you have the quantity in the shots but not the quality.

2) re the tackle, yes wins the ball cleanly, but his follow through is two footed, off the ground. it is reckless and uncontrolled, and it certainly had some momentum, just ask Dembele. Very easy to see why he was given a red. It isnt just about taking the ball.

1) Last sentence.

2) It is never a red card, end of.

So, how many Liverpool fans chastised De Jong for the Ben Arfa tackle? And did the media not paint De Jong as a villain for a reputation he has rightfully earned? But now when Spearing wins the ball in a dangerous way, it's no way a red card and the ref is a ****, and when the media paint Suarez as the villain for a reputation he has rightfully earned, it's siege mentality time?

Please.

If Suarez does dive, why don't I ever see it? Why can't I find any videos.. It just keeps coming up with the WBA game, which was a penalty [Basically just WBA players calling Suarez a cheat.. It's not our fault they are ****]. I honestly could not find a video of him diving.. And for anyone who doesn't know what diving is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUTS3adZpZ8

W
hy is Suarez made to come across as some sort of evil diving monster? Hypocrites. I'm sick of Liverpool fans always having to defend him from fans of clubs with players who are worse than ours.. It's a joke.

The irony in all of this is, if you want to see some play acting even Suarez would be proud of watch Dembele after he is tackled by Spearing. I'm not even sure Spearing made contact with the player considering how much contact he made with the ball. I know it was reckless, but dangerous? Really? After he hit the ball there was no momentum.. If contact from that could have hurt Dembele then he must be made out of glass. I was always taught that for something to be considered dangerous there had to be intent, there was none.

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.com/2011/12/video-spearing-red-card-vs-fulham.html

Lol @ you comparing De Jong's challenge to Spearing's.. De Jong looked as though he wanted to break Ben Arfa's leg.. At least Spearing hit the ball 50 yards up the pitch and never took his eyes off the ball while making the challenge.. But whatever.

Well, I tried not to continue with the argument, just jumped back because his 'this is the Liverpool thread and we're all biased' argument is, simply put, bullshit.

Yeah, exactly what I said... Right...

My opinion is my opinion.. It doesn't make it any less valid because I support Liverpool as yours does as a Everton fan. I wasn't saying we are all baised, I'm saying I will come across as biased to you.. Nothing I can do about that!

Last edited:
Kenny needs to go buy Anelka in jan wee need a goal Scorer i dont care if he is 32

you want to buy a goal-scorer and you want Anelka somebody who only scored one goal this entire season

Well at leas you will take him off our hands

My opinion is my opinion.. It doesn't make it any less valid because I support Liverpool as yours does as a Everton fan. I wasn't saying we are all baised, I'm saying I will come across as biased to you.. Nothing I can do about that!
No, you look biased to me because you're defending the indefensible. But I honestly can't be arsed to argue with you, I've seen more reasonable answers coming from my bathroom wall after accidentally peeing on it while drunk.

Liverpool have a pretty **** record against smaller teams which really needs to be looked at before they can think of top 4 finish... no matter how good their record against the big clubs

Lol, tbh I did draw that line while drunk at 2AM. Still, wasn't offside.

Anyway, on to the Suarez finger incident.. Apparently the fans were chanting 'cheat' at him, so fair play to him. Doubt The Sun puts that side of things in the story. Although at least it's a let off for Friend, who's retarded refereeing will probably go unpunished.

Last edited:
Wasn't a red, Liverpool goal should have stood, but Fulham deserved to get on the score sheet, they played well. a 1 - 1 draw would have been a fair result. But it was a very exciting game overall.

Wasn't a red, Liverpool goal should have stood, but Fulham deserved to get on the score sheet, they played well. a 1 - 1 draw would have been a fair result. But it was a very exciting game overall.

*clap clap clap*

Probably the most unbiased comment I've read so far.

However yes, both teams deserved at least 1 point. Shame really.

Why is Suarez made to come across as some sort of evil diving monster? Hypocrites. I'm sick of Liverpool fans always having to defend him from fans of clubs with players who are worse than ours.. It's a joke.

The irony in all of this is, if you want to see some play acting even Suarez would be proud of watch Dembele after he is tackled by Spearing. I'm not even sure Spearing made contact with the player considering how much contact he made with the ball. I know it was reckless, but dangerous? Really? After he hit the ball there was no momentum.. If contact from that could have hurt Dembele then he must be made out of glass. I was always taught that for something to be considered dangerous there had to be intent, there was none.

So we're not allowed to criticise your players because our players our worse than yours. How pathetic. I'm not portraying Suarez as an evil monster but I am more than happy to call him a diver, you can call it theatrical or play acting but that doesn't make it any better. As for your Dembele comment, he had to be taken off the pitch and treated for that after the challenge, something that didn't happen to Suarez despite some of his exaggerated acrobatic falls. It is a shame that such a great player has to tarnish his reputation.

Torres back on loan anybody? David Maddock's Liverpool column: It sounds crazy, but could a loan spell at Liverpool be the perfect tonic for Chelsea's bench-bound Fernando Torres? - David Maddock - MirrorFootball.co.uk'd say no. He dug his own grave.

You can tell that Spearing was slowing down after the challenge, the ball was there to be won, how else could he of won it without hurting himself? Crazy. There's no question he won the ball, football has gone way too soft! I feel sorry for Spearing. I think Dalglish would of been unhappy if he didnt try and he win that ball, it was there too be won, in my opinion Dembele pulled out a bit and if he was actually hurt which I doubt it could be his own fault.

Yes, Suarez does exaggerate a lot of things, but compared to when he first came to us he has actually cut it out a **** of a lot. He still does it, but not as much.

Anyone who has a go at Kenny is ridiculous, look at where we were this time last season. Not saying anyone here has,but ive heard a few people on the radio and stuff.

I wouldnt mind having Torres back tbf, he did fantastic for us, but not on loan as that would improve Chelsea when he goes back, back in form.

EDIT: Also whilst I was watching the game I even started applauding the tackle, never even a foul, after watching it again im not sure contact was even made

Last edited:
So we're not allowed to criticise your players because our players our worse than yours. How pathetic. I'm not portraying Suarez as an evil monster but I am more than happy to call him a diver, you can call it theatrical or play acting but that doesn't make it any better. As for your Dembele comment, he had to be taken off the pitch and treated for that after the challenge, something that didn't happen to Suarez despite some of his exaggerated acrobatic falls. It is a shame that such a great player has to tarnish his reputation.

I meant players who are much worse for diving.. Not teams who's players aren't as good.

As for the rest, whatever. I'm done on that match, tbh.. Cba to argue anymore.

Back