The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
In fairness you didn't walk away from Gotze. He wasn't convinced and went back to Bayern. Who still weren't convinced and eventually flogged him back to Dortmund. Who were only convinced because they had just sold Miki

Disagree Mike. We didn't want him. Overrated anyway.

I believe there was one included though. Coming a big part of Klopps outgoings it seems!

Yeah, there is mate. Which is great I suppose. Covers all options on him. But it's gonna' take one **** of an improvement for Smith to find his way back all things being equal. Good luck to him like. Never been anything else but professional. Just not very good.

But yeah, this new, professional, kick-*** approach in the transfer market is REAL unnerving. Again, WHO has kidnapped Ayre and replaced him with someone that has a clue? Lol.

God, the cheeky twats want £10 million for him. If he signs the contract as is now being reported, WTF sort of price will they slap on him then?

Like Zielinski and Gotze before him, I think we've had enough and walked away from that one for good already mate.

SURELY, this is the media reporting it wrong because a 10mil price tag is ridiculous. We should be completing this deal, if at that price, very quickly!

SURELY, this is the media reporting it wrong because a 10mil price tag is ridiculous. We should be completing this deal, if at that price, very quickly!

Yer think?

I mean I'm all for paying for potential now before it possibly fulfils that and the price gets ridiculous. But there has to come a limit.

We offered £7 million. Another £3 million might seem buttons in the great scheme of things but £10 million for an 18 year old kid without ONE second in the PL? ****, he's only played 11 times his career. 8 in the Championship. Never been capped. He'd probably only be backing Moreno up anyways in the interim.

We've just agreed a fee of £6 million for Brad Smith. Who is still just 22. 11 games for L'pool. 4 the PL. 9 International caps.

Personally completely behind the club here in not being held to ransom.

Depends how you view it. Fee was agreed, he was giving the impression that we were his back-up option, so we quickly ditched it and moved on to Mane. Years passed we'd of still been ******* around dragging it out and would now be left scrambling to get someone else in.

Soon as it was apparent he wasn't fully committed, that was that. Which is pretty much what he's said all along. You either believe in the project, or you don't. You want Champions League football now? Good luck to you. Next man up.

We spoke about this before, I certainly did with Tezzz, days after you lost the final, he said he wanted to stay at Bayern and fired his agent.

Yer think?

I mean I'm all for paying for potential now before it possibly fulfils that and the price gets ridiculous. But there has to come a limit.

We offered £7 million. Another £3 million might seem buttons in the great scheme of things but £10 million for an 18 year old kid without ONE second in the PL? ****, he's only played 11 times his career. 8 in the Championship. Never been capped. He'd probably only be backing Moreno up anyways in the interim.

We've just agreed a fee of £6 million for Brad Smith. Who is still just 22. 11 games for L'pool. 4 the PL. 9 International caps.

Personally completely behind the club here in not being held to ransom.

Cross-wires... This was regarding Hector

Allen having talks with Stoke today.

And good Lord, we've got two clauses in that, that could net £15 million for him. £13 M. down with a million a piece if Stoke both stay up, and make the top 10.

All for a player in the last year of his contract we had little wiggle room with who should probably be going for more off the back of his Europa League/ European Championship exploits.

WTF has happened to how we negotiate all of sudden? We've grown up! Mind blowing haha.

Last edited:
Some fantastic one-on-one interviews coming out of California today from Pearce. From Manninger on Karius, Klopp and signing, through the manager himself and his views on pretty much everything going into the new season. For anyone interested that's missed them:

Manninger hails Karius signing - 'He's one of the best modern goalkeepers in Europe' - Liverpool Echo

Klopp hails '100%' backing from Liverpool owner as boss eyes one more signing - Liverpool Echo

Jurgen Klopp - Why goals were a must for Liverpool in the transfer market - Liverpool Echo

Klopp - Liverpool new boy Wijnaldum is a complete footballer who will live up to price tag - Liverpool Echo

So a LB is still on the agenda and that will just about do us. That's reassuring to know.

SO buzzing for not only this season but the future I can't tell you. This things being built the RIGHT way. Will they all work out? Probably not. Nobody hits 100. on transfers. But they won't leave us stretched financially and there's the base being built behind to compensate. Not looked forward to a season with SO much optimism that we realistically have a serious shot of finally bringing home #19 since probably the end of Kenny's first go-around.

Our cycle is coming round again. I have NO doubt about that!

Oh, and for any night owls interested, there's a free open training session being broadcast by the club site at 1 AM BST. Everyone, Wijnaldum included, is now out in America bar Emre Can who's due in this Tuesday. I personally couldn't think of anything ore boring than watching football players train, but it's there if you want it:

1am BST: Watch live and free as Reds train in California - Liverpool FC

Sakho interfering during the interview with Klopp

[video]https://www.facebook.com/LFCTS/videos/vb.118450714853613/1254951744536832/?type=2&theater[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/LFCTS/videos/vb.118450714853613/1254951744536832/?type=2&theater

Allen having talks with Stoke today.

And good Lord, we've got two clauses in that, that could net £15 million for him. £13 M. down with a million a piece if Stoke both stay up, and make the top 10.

All for a player in the last year of his contract we had little wiggle room with who should probably be going for more off the back of his Europa League/ European Championship exploits.

WTF has happened to how we negotiate all of sudden? We've grown up! Mind blowing haha.

TV money makes your job easier too. They wouldn't pay these prices previously.

Even as a staunch Rangers man I wholeheartedly wish you all the best Kolo lad. Absolute LEG-END! You'll always have a place in our hearts.

Celtic Football ClubVerified account@celticfc

Celtic delighted to sign Kolo Toure, http://www.celticfc.net/news/10938 (PV)

View attachment 1068733

Uncle got me supporting Celtic growing up. Planning on going a game this season. I've been to the ground before, it's nice, but by god is Glasgow a ******* terrifying place.

Uncle got me supporting Celtic growing up. Planning on going a game this season. I've been to the ground before, it's nice, but by god is Glasgow a ******* terrifying place.

LOL. Honestly, its the only City that scares the living **** out of me every time I go. Even the frigging arl' woman growl at yer!

Edinburgh's like chalk and cheese to Glasgow. So clean and friendly. Glasgow's just grey and hard!

An Old Firm game is on the 'to do' list. That must be an awesome and terrifying experience in equal measure!

LOL. Honestly, its the only City that scares the living **** out of me every time I go. Even the frigging arl' woman growl at yer!

Edinburgh's like chalk and cheese to Glasgow. So clean and friendly. Glasgow's just grey and hard!

An Old Firm game is on the 'to do' list. That must be an awesome and terrifying experience in equal measure!

My uncle worked on big occasions for Glasgow police he always hated the game with passion especially the spell of about 7 games in a couple of months.

Also living in Glasgow don't see why it has such a bad reputation

My uncle worked on big occasions for Glasgow police he always hated the game with passion especially the spell of about 7 games in a couple of months.

yeah been a few times honestly I love it

Edinburgh is brilliant mate.. was down there early Feb. Everyones so friendly, kind of like our city in a way.

You are joking mate... I get scared travelling through there on the coach. It looks rough as ****!!

Just reading few different things on training over the States and this jumped out:

In the afternoons there has been a lot more ball work but the emphasis on work rate remains huge.

At one stage during a passing drill on Saturday, first-team development coach Pep Lijnders bellowed: “We win the fitness, we win everything.”

Teams at the notoriously slow start of the season aren't going to know what'***** them. You can see the boys being able to press and go for longer periods than they could last year. And we saw the growth in fitness through last year from the stage they were in October when the likes of Lallana couldn't get through 60 minutes. To be then be flying strong the 90th minute come May.

Can we start the season already?

Edinburgh is brilliant mate.. was down there early Feb. Everyones so friendly, kind of like our city in a way.

You are joking mate... I get scared travelling through there on the coach. It looks rough as ****!!

Edinburgh is London in Scotland and also for someone who says they won a Muay Thai fight you sure do scare easily if travelling through Glasgow scared you

Back