The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just reading few different things on training over the States and this jumped out:

In the afternoons there has been a lot more ball work but the emphasis on work rate remains huge.

At one stage during a passing drill on Saturday, first-team development coach Pep Lijnders bellowed: “We win the fitness, we win everything.”

Teams at the notoriously slow start of the season aren't going to know what'***** them. You can see the boys being able to press and go for longer periods than they could last year. And we saw the growth in fitness through last year from the stage they were in October when the likes of Lallana couldn't get through 60 minutes. To be then be flying strong the 90th minute come May.

Can we start the season already?

Agreed I'm feeling positive about this year some good signings some deadwood gone hoping to a few more out (Benteke). No Europa League with travelling halfway round the world to somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Bring it on. Klopp will bring the title back to Anfield maybe not this season but I'm sure he will.

Now someone out there SERIOUSLY needs to video this and put it up!

Peace! Reddy! I'm looking at YOU!
Jürgen Klopp leads the line for #LFC staff in a game vs Stanford University coaches. Pep Ljinders, Peter Krawietz and John Achterberg in too

I think we've found our veteran squad cover!
It finished 1-1 at Stanford. Klopp played up front in first half and in defence/midfield in second half. Ruben Pons with the #LFC goal.

What happened to links with Chigwell? Did he sign a new deal at Leicester? We need a new LB Moreno is NOT a LB he's a wingback.

What happened to links with Chigwell? Did he sign a new deal at Leicester? We need a new LB Moreno is NOT a LB he's a wingback.

Looks like he's gonna' extended at Leicester.

Not sure what Moreno is at all. Too braindead both positionally and with his rash challenges to defend. Little to no end product up the up the other end.

But he's fast .....

Therein lies the problem he's fast but not much else no positional sense whatsoever the amount of goals we conceded because of him being out of position was a fair few.

Give it time. With Smith more than likely gone to Bournemouth, a new LB will defy be coming in. Hopefully as a starter and not just competition for Moreno/ to back him up.

At least we've strengthened in goal and the middle. Things should be a lot tighter back there this year.

Allen's agreed terms with Stoke: Joe Allen agrees Stoke City move - This Is Anfield

Just the medical left. That should hopefully go through at some point today.

Another one gone in the surplus squad culling. Excellent technically. Just not big enough not quick enough for the PL on a consist basis. Which all effects his actual production where it counts. Certainly not anyway with the requirements of our midfield.

All the best the cult hero that is the Welsh Xabi/ Pirlo/ <insert similar position great here>

Had a WHOLE Worldwide DAY in your honour cross all social media platforms. Just HOW many players can say that?

View attachment 136154 No Allen, NO Party!

Onto the next out .....

Allen's agreed terms with Stoke: Joe Allen agrees Stoke City move - This Is Anfield

Just the medical left. That should hopefully go through at some point today.

Another one gone in the surplus squad culling. Excellent technically. Just not big enough not quick enough for the PL on a consist basis. Which all effects his actual production where it counts. Certainly not anyway with the requirements of our midfield.

All the best the cult hero that is the Welsh Xabi/ Pirlo/ <insert similar position great here>

Had a WHOLE Worldwide DAY in your honour cross all social media platforms. Just HOW many players can say that?

View attachment 1068791 No Allen, NO Party!

Onto the next out .....

He should have gone to Spain would have been a great success I feel over there, next best thing tho signing for Barcelona B

He should have gone to Spain would have been a great success I feel over there, next best thing tho signing for Barcelona B

Yeah, had this discussion with Mike the other day when we both had the same thoughts. Real pity Sevilla never came in with a concrete offer to match Stoke. He's looked great in Europe and the European Championships, where it's a lot less physical and slower paced. La Liga would of been perfect for his talents. Physically, he's just not suited to the PL.

But alas nobody has matched Stoke. Another nice move from Useless (old habits die hard :P) to take him to Stoke like. He's done fantastic there turning them around and playing football. This addition is another step away from the archaic, Pulisian (new word?) brand of 'football' that held them back for so long. COMPLETELY different Stoke City to watch these days for the better of our game.

Yeah, had this discussion with Mike the other day when we both had the same thoughts. Real pity Sevilla never came in with a concrete offer to match Stoke. He's looked great in Europe and the European Championships, where it's a lot less physical and slower paced. La Liga would of been perfect for his talents. Physically, he's just not suited to the PL.

But alas nobody has matched Stoke. Another nice move from Useless (old habits die hard :P) to take him to Stoke like. He's done fantastic there turning them around and playing football. This addition is another step away from the archaic, Pulisian (new word?) brand of 'football' that held them back for so long. COMPLETELY different Stoke City to watch these days for the better of our game.

Didn't cqtch too much of them oast season but they pretty much have a squad of la masia rejects lol tiki taka should be easy haha,but no seriously if theycan get Arnautovic to be consistent they will be top 10 easy that kid is unplayable when he is on it. Its just only in bursts probably what stops big clubs moving for him

Didn't cqtch too much of them oast season but they pretty much have a squad of la masia rejects lol tiki taka should be easy haha,but no seriously if theycan get Arnautovic to be consistent they will be top 10 easy that kid is unplayable when he is on it. Its just only in bursts probably what stops big clubs moving for him

Never realised how small he actually is until the League Cup semi last year when I was in the Kemy about 10 rows back. He's a frigging Oompa-Limpa! Flanagan was bullying him. Tricky as all heck like, and that goal of the Euro's ..... Phew. But man alive is he diddy.

Top 10 would do sound ta being as we have a reported £1 million clause in there if Stoke achieve that. Plus another million for them staying up.

£13 M. down leading to potentially £15 million for a player the last year of his contract that would only of been a bit part player this year ..... Thank you VERY much! (H).

Edinburgh is London in Scotland and also for someone who says they won a Muay Thai fight you sure do scare easily if travelling through Glasgow scared you

It's a **** hole mate, didn't mean to offend you.

And I think what you meant to say is Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.

It's a **** hole mate, didn't mean to offend you.

And I think what you meant to say is Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.

No I didn't despite you having been there once there is more to it than that. Both are home to massive financial industries so are full of bankers financial analysts and insurance workers etc. For Scotland house prices in Edinburgh are ridiculously high much like they are in London. Both are full of people show went to posh universities for Edinburgh that includes the English ones and Edinburgh Glasgow and St Andrews university. London is basically Edinburgh on steroids.

and far be it for me to question what you think of Glasgow after you were drove through it on a coach once I mean I have been in the city a ton but, no you saw it from a bus you must be right.

Never realised how small he actually is until the League Cup semi last year when I was in the Kemy about 10 rows back. He's a frigging Oompa-Limpa! Flanagan was bullying him. Tricky as all heck like, and that goal of the Euro's ..... Phew. But man alive is he diddy.

Top 10 would do sound ta being as we have a reported £1 million clause in there if Stoke achieve that. Plus another million for them staying up.

£13 M. down leading to potentially £15 million for a player the last year of his contract that would only of been a bit part player this year ..... Thank you VERY much! (H).

Surely that is basically 14 million then I'd be shocked if Stoke were seriously in a relegation fight at the end of the season let alone got relegated

tbf Ninjaskill is right, Glasgow is pretty cool, yea it has its rough parts but what big city doesn't **** me everywhere has areas considered rough as ****. Had a fair few class nights there due to friends from uni/work. So long as you don't walk about like billy big bollocks you'll be fine just like anywhere. But then I am what 12 years older than you Tezz (youre 18/19 right? just going off past convos bout uni) I spent 18 months going round Brazil and a good 3 months of that crashing pretty close to the Rio favelas (best ******* time of my life btw) so its all relative to me haha.

and far be it for me to question what you think of Glasgow after you were drove through it on a coach once I mean I have been in the city a ton but, no you saw it from a bus you must be right.

He said he'd been to Parkhead once. But nor for a game. And the East End is an absolute deprived shithole however you dress it up so it's not surprising he'd get that view.

I love Glasgow. Like Epic, I've had some good nights out there and have quite a few friends there. But it still scares the living **** out of me most every time I go and if I didn't have those friends who knew where to go, I could well be ****** walking into the wrong area and saying the wrong thing. Most of the West of Scotland is like a mini Ireland. And it particularly manifests itself in Glasgow. Of course there's some great places and great people among Glaswegians. But let's not pretend it's not one of the roughest City's going in the UK.

But this is all subject and we're liable to get into the realms of offending one another. Particularly yourself who obviously has a great depth of feeling for a City you've spent a lot of time in. Nothing personal is meant. Just differing, honest opinions. Great City. But a real edgy. scary one on equal measure in my experience.

Anyone from Aberdeen? No, good. Let's talk about that freezing cold, dead **** hole. Now that is a PROPER shithole .....

Back